Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Starfox (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54942)

Ronin June 22nd, 2018 10:06 AM

The Book of Starfox

The Book of Starfox

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rfox_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...arfox_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #032 / Starfox.

Character Bio - Eros was always much more carefree than his brother, Thanos. Though usually only interested in pursuing a life of pleasure, he occasionally gets his act together and helps the heroes of Earth to avert catastrophe. He often allied with Captain Marvel to thwart Thanos. He also joined the Avengers for a time, who gave him his codename, 'Starfox'. Eros has the ability to induce a sense of euphoria in people, the ethics of which have occasionally landed him in hot water.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Ronin June 22nd, 2018 10:07 AM

Re: The Book of Starfox (Design Phase)

NAME = STARFOX
SECRET IDENTITY = EROS

SPECIES = ETERNAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AVENGER
PERSONALITY = HEDONISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 300

RELUCTANT HERO
If there are no Order Markers on this card and a Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move all unrevealed Order Markers from that Hero's Army Card to this card.

EUPHORIA DISTRACTION 15
When an opponent’s figure that is not Thanos, an Android, or a destructible object and does not have the Mental Shield special power ends its movement within 2 clear sight spaces of Starfox, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, that figure cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Ronin June 22nd, 2018 10:08 AM

Comic art:

Figure:

Background:

Ronin June 22nd, 2018 01:47 PM

I'm not married to the class here, but I couldn't work out anything better. Adventurer would be a great descriptor, but I don't want to pigeonhole him as a Reed support piece.

Otherwise, pretty simple direction here.

Scapemage June 22nd, 2018 02:52 PM

I like this! Reluctant Hero is a fun way to toy with your priorities going into a round of heavy combat. Simple designs are awesome.

I believe Pheromone Distraction is reused, but does it need to mention Destructible Objects since they would not be considered figures (or are they)?

Here's some more comic art I found:

Yodaking June 22nd, 2018 03:21 PM

I like the power set as well. Distraction is a good passive defense while he has no OM's on his card, then the hero power is a nice back up plan for when you lose a figure with OM's still on their card. Also would be against Adventurer as he would become a key back-up figure for when Reed goes down.

Lazy Orang June 22nd, 2018 05:55 PM

Can't say the character or the design particularly interests me - the character sounds like an irritating sleazy twat and the design is pretty basic (functional, but basic). The design is good though, and I can definitely see uses for a higher-level backup with Reluctant Hero than Starman (Jack Knight) - Jack's a figure I really like for that power, so it's good to see it on someone else. The primary use I see for him is for OM insurance in a Guardians build - Eternal and Lover are a nicely rare species and class respectively, meaning he should pair well with Star-Lord (and Groot! :)) in most circumstances, and you can then add to that that his personality is, as far as I know, unique, making a pairing with Mantis viable (nice back-up in case she's assassinated and you lose your OMs). Since Guardians builds by their disorganised nature are liable to the loss of OMs through character death, that's useful. He'll also be good in other generalist builds, such as Avengers, but those remarkably rare left hand stats immediately make me think Guardians.

I probably won't be too active here, but I do like what you've got - he should be useful. :up:

Margloth June 22nd, 2018 07:12 PM

Does he really secrete pheromones though? Wikipedia seems to indicate it’s a psionic ability rather than a chemical one.

Ronin June 23rd, 2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 2198192)
I like this! Reluctant Hero is a fun way to toy with your priorities going into a round of heavy combat. Simple designs are awesome.

I believe Pheromone Distraction is reused, but does it need to mention Destructible Objects since they would not be considered figures (or are they)?

Here's some more comic art I found:

The rule is that DOs with size designations count as figures. Not immediately intuitive, but it plays well. The main impact in the power (since most DOs don't move) is to make it so that vehicles are unaffected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 2198217)
Does he really secrete pheromones though? Wikipedia seems to indicate it’s a psionic ability rather than a chemical one.

Oh, shoot, you're right. I really should have caught that. I do like the simplicity of the Pheromone power, but I guess we need to come up with a slight riff.... maybe up the roll a little bit and just give it like a 2-space range to differentiate the psionic version from the chemical version?

Margloth June 23rd, 2018 09:42 AM

Could just have a ‘calming effect’ type power. Like all figures without Mental Shield (possibly without the Nihilistic personality since Thanos isn’t affected) within 2 spaces roll 1 less attack die or something?

Ronin June 23rd, 2018 09:47 AM

I'd be fine throwing in a Nihilistic immunity (or an Eternal immunity) to disqualify Thanos, if we're going with a tweaked power anyway.

I'd rather stick with the current effect than a stat nerf, though.

Lazy Orang June 23rd, 2018 09:47 AM

You could do a play off Cheshire's Ruthless Seduction.