Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole July 16th, 2015 02:29 AM

Just Make Sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2033567)
@TREX unless I'm unfamiliar with the rules, om's do stay on Army Cards when the figures are destroyed. Typically they're just removed to dud turns.
In several games, Kratos had an order marker on him, before using it, he Climbed, then he used his orders to attack.

This is the precedent so as long you're not rolling for Climb on dead OMs you're good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Book of Thanos (Post 290819)
- REJECTED BY DEATH : Rolling for 'dead cards'
If I have a turn order marker on an Army Card, but every figure on the Army Card has been destroyed, can I still roll for Rejected By Death?
No. If the every figure on the Army Card is destroyed, you cannot take that turn, and Rejected By Death would never activate. (Hasbro FAQ)

- REJECTED BY DEATH : Using Order Markers after Thanos is revived
If I have a turn order marker on a destroyed Thanos, but he is brought back onto the board by Rejected By Death before I would have used that Turn Order Marker, can I take that turn with him when the time comes?
Yes. The turn order markers are not removed from the cards once a figure is destroyed. If Thanos is on the board when his turn would come up (even if he was destroyed the turn before), he can take that turn. (Hasbro FAQ)

~Dysole, rules wise

TREX July 16th, 2015 07:53 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Good to know guys, I don't think that would be a problem under our circumstances.

Confred July 16th, 2015 10:20 PM

We could probably fix it in saying "Before revealing an order marker" vs "Before taking a turn"

Confred July 18th, 2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS 18 (O)
Before each order marker you reveal after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 18 or higher, place Kratos on any empty space that is no higher than any figure's base and immediately remove all wound markers from this card. Each time Kratos is destroyed and is your only figure on the battlefield, roll for Climb From Tartarus.
After writing this out, I noticed I've been playing him wrong:
Quote:

Each time Kratos is destroyed and is your only figure on the battlefield, roll for Climb From Tartarus.
I've been playing him as,
Quote:

Each time Kratos is destroyed, roll for Climb From Tartarus.
I think he can be condensed to that version. It makes him a smidge stronger, 300 Point worthy and it uses up less mental energy as it's easier to remember: if he dies, roll.
Quote:

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS 18 (O2)
Before each order marker you reveal after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 18 or higher, place Kratos on any empty space that is no higher than any figure's base and immediately remove all wound markers from this card. Each time Kratos is destroyed, roll for Climb From Tartarus.
After the last play test, I made a slight adjustment to Claws (II.2); instead of removing the wound marker upon figure destruction, remove the wound when you remove the figure to gain the attack die. Sometimes you want to bank the attack bonuses, but if you need to heal, you now have to make a decision. Also, if you destroy all figures in Range, you cannot remove that last wound until Kratos destroys again, which gives the opponent a 1 wound headstart to destroy him.

Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES (II.3)
When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may use these claws to remove figures from this Claws of Hades' card to remove 1 wound marker from this figure's Army Card and to roll 1 additional attack die to a maximum 3 additional attack dice and 3 wounds removed. Each time this figure destroys a figure with a normal attack, special attack, or special power, place the destroyed figure on this Claws of Hades' card.
Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES (II.3.2)
When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may use these claws to remove 1, 2, or 3 figures from this Claws of Hades' card to remove 1, 2, or 3 wound markers from this figure's Army Card and to roll 1, 2, or 3 additional attack dice. Each time this figure destroys a figure with a normal attack, special attack, or special power, place the destroyed figure on this Claws of Hades' card.

Confred July 19th, 2015 02:04 PM

Recap of what I have:
Quote:

KRATOS
UTGAR

DEMIGOD
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
RUTHLESS
MEDIUM 5

BY THE GODS
Each time Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place a Godly Artifact Glyph on this card to a maximum of five Glyphs this game.

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 2 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack.

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
When Kratos attacks with a normal or special attack, if he rolls at least two skulls, he may attack one additional time. Kratos may continue attacking with normal or special attacks until he doesn’t roll at least two skulls to a maximum of three additional times.

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS 18
Before each order marker you reveal after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 18 or higher, place Kratos on any empty space that is no higher than any figure's base and immediately remove all wound markers from this card. Each time Kratos is destroyed, roll for Climb From Tartarus.

LIFE 6
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 300
Quote:

GOLDEN FLEECE
(RANGED COUNTER ATTACK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use this armor after a non-adjacent figure has rolled attack dice for a normal or special attack against it, and before rolling defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Golden Fleece card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES
(SPIRIT ENHANCEMENT)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may use these claws to remove figures from this Claws of Hades card to roll 1 additional attack die and to remove 1 wound marker from this figure's Army Card to a maximum 3 additional attack dice and 3 wounds removed. Each time this figure destroys a figure, place the destroyed figure on this Claws of Hades card.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Claws of Hades card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Quote:

BOOTS OF HERMES
(+3 MOVE, PHANTOM WALK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use these boots before moving. This figure adds 3 to its Move value, may move through all figures, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement this turn.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Boots of Hermes card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Quote:

NEMEAN CESTUS
(SPECIAL ATTACK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use these gloves to attack with Obsidian Crush Special Attack.

OBSIDIAN CRUSH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
Always add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for Obsidian Crush Special Attack. If this figure is attacking a destructible object or figure with a Defense value of 7 or higher, always add 1 additional skull to whatever is rolled.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Nemean Cestus card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Quote:

BOW OF APOLLO
(RANGED SPECIAL ATTACK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use this bow to attack with Arrows of Apollo Special Attack.

ARROWS OF APOLLO SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 9. Attack 2 + Special.
When attacking figures without the Lava Resistant special power, for each skull rolled, roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling additional attack dice for each skull rolled until no skulls are rolled.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Bow of Apollo card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

So that's Kratos and his 5 Godly Artifacts!
Let's mock up and vote up I say!
@TREX ?

:thumbsup:

Dysole July 19th, 2015 02:31 PM

Missed It

Minor wording edit on Claws.

"Up to a maximum of +3 dice and +3 wounds."

That matches Jorhdawn and Chardris better. Once that's fixed, :up:

~Dysole, wondering if this is the longest a figure has had stuff hashed out

TREX July 19th, 2015 04:28 PM

@Confred , Like Dysole said, looks good after the minor change.:thumbsup: from me. should we mention the other judges to get the ok, finish up the final cards and move on. @Dysole , just looking at some of the other figures with their massive piles of treasure I wouldn't be sure. I think we hashed this guy pretty good though. I'm excited for the final versions so I can print and play them in all their glory.
EDIT: Also, on Kratos card, I think you need to specify that you immediately roll for Climb from tartarus when Kratos is destroyed. Otherwise it sounds like a reminder that you just roll for him at the start of every turn. I think this addition will not really change his point value.
Quote:

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS 18
Before each order marker you reveal after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 18 or higher, place Kratos on any empty space that is no higher than any figure's base and immediately remove all wound markers from this card. Each time Kratos is destroyed, immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus.

Confred July 19th, 2015 10:20 PM

@TREX I'm indifferent on the Climb change, so I'll go with your lead and add the "immediately"
@Dysole the "+" looks odd to me. After looking, Sahguahin Raider, a later card, doesn't have the plus symbols and is closer to the current version
It may add some words at the end "to a maximum of 3 for this use of claws." But meh.

Dysole July 19th, 2015 10:26 PM

Shrug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2034129)
@TREX I'm indifferent on the Climb change, so I'll go with your lead and add the "immediately"
@Dysole the "+" looks odd to me. After looking, Sahguahin Raider, a later card, doesn't have the plus symbols and is closer to the current version
It may add some words at the end "to a maximum of 3 for this use of claws." But meh.

I'd be fine with that wording but I'd change it to "to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice and 3 wounds removed for Claws of Hades." That fits with the Sahuagin Raider (the power is essentially Claws of Hades and so the use language wouldn't be needed).

~Dysole, informationally

Confred July 19th, 2015 10:28 PM

I'm good with that @Dysole as "removed" felt hanging before, so changing it to "removed by Claws of Hades" would cap that off more nicely

Edit: removed "by" or "for" or "with"? Source? I'm thinking it might actually be "with"

Dysole July 19th, 2015 10:42 PM

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2034131)
I'm good with that @Dysole as "removed" felt hanging before, so changing it to "removed by Claws of Hades" would cap that off more nicely

Edit: removed "by" or "for" or "with"? Source? I'm thinking it might actually be "with"

With sounds right.

~Dysole, noting that sometimes the designers didn't use the best grammar

TREX July 20th, 2015 01:34 AM

Got in another game tonight with the final version of Kratos, I did not manage to attain any glyphs with him. He was killed two times, the second time without getting to attack. I lost a total of 6 turns on him during the game. I killed about 100 pts worth of squad figures. Maybe he is a beast and I can't roll any defense with him.
He is definitely not worth more than 300 pts. Whether he's worth less I don't know. I will probably keep playing him because he's awesome. My figure mod is complete, and it does look awesome. I will post it soon.