Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Prince al'Kahora (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51323)

caps February 5th, 2015 11:51 AM

The Book of Prince al'Kahora

The Book of Prince al'Kahora

Soldiers of Valhalla

Basic side:

RAZORPETAL STANCE
If Prince al'Kahora did not move this turn, he may attack one additional time.

STRIKE OF THE PUMA
When attacking with Prince al'Kahora, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Prince al'Kahora at the start of this turn, the defending figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. The name of the figure is Ian Nottingham.

Character Bio: TBD

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Q: If Prince al'Kahora does not move and attacks and kills a Deathreaver, then another Deathreaver uses Scatter to move adjacent to him, does that Deathreaver roll 2 fewer defense dice if attacked by Prince al'Kahora's second attack?
A: Yes.
If the figure was not adjacent to Prince al'Kahora at the start of the Prince's turn, that figure is affected by Strike of the Puma. This includes figures that move adjacent to Prince al'Kahora after his first attack, such as a Deathreaver using Scatter, a Goblin Cutter using Scurry, a Marro Divider created by Cell Divide, a Marro squad figure teleported by Teleport Reinforcements, or an Ebon Armor revived by Eternal War. Note that a Varkaanan Blade Dancer who uses Defensive Vault after surviving Prince al'Kahora's first attack would not roll 2 fewer attack dice against his second attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
    As a Knight, Prince al'Kahora may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.
  • - CAPT. JOHN VARAN : Purple Heart
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Prince al'Kahora can have his wounds received by Capt. John Varan instead of taking them himself.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • Ebon Armor : ANIMATED MATERIEL & ETERNAL WAR
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Prince al'Kahora's Army Card to replace Prince al'Kahora upon his own destruction.
  • Sir Dupuis: KNIGHT'S COURAGE
    Since Prince al'Kahora is a Knight, he may offer Sir Dupuis additional attack dice when he is within 4 clear sight spaces of Sir Dupuis via KNIGHT'S COURAGE.
  • Sir Orrick: A BROTHER'S CALL
    Since Prince al'Kahora is a Human that follows Jandar, he may offer Sir Orrick additional move when he is engaged via A BROTHER'S CALL.
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
His power combo seems odd at first, but actually gives him nice options in cleanup. B-

Spuke Boy February 6th, 2015 04:13 PM

Re: The Book of Prince al'Kahora

@capsocrates
These C3V synergies are still missing here and in their own Books:
8th Infantry Pathfinder's Marching Orders, @cmgames
Capt. John Varan's Purple Heart, @Filthy the Clown
Ebon Armor's Animated Materiel, @Arch-vile
Sir Orrick's A Brother's Call, @Arch-vile

flameslayer93 February 6th, 2015 05:05 PM

Pathfinders don't have synergy. The hero needs to be a soldier.

The Prince might make for a fine cleanup hero in a Templar army. He has a nice variety of attacks while the Cavalry charges whatever the other guy opens with. They're fragile, but with some luck, you can pull it off.

caps February 6th, 2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuke Boy (Post 2001363)
@capsocrates
These C3V synergies are still missing here and in their own Books:
8th Infantry Pathfinder's Marching Orders, @cmgames
Capt. John Varan's Purple Heart, @Filthy the Clown
Ebon Armor's Animated Materiel, @Arch-vile
Sir Orrick's A Brother's Call, @Arch-vile

Thanks, I added the last three.

It is interesting that the format (in the books I looked at) of capital letters in Synergies Offered and Received are inverse of each other.

Spuke Boy February 7th, 2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 2001373)
Pathfinders don't have synergy. The hero needs to be a soldier.

Woops, thanks for pointing that out. I corrected my database.

Xotli April 17th, 2015 03:47 AM

Your C3V Rules Team has suggested the following Ruling(s) and Clarification(s) for this unit:

Quote:

Q: If Prince al'Kahora does not move and attacks and kills a Deathreaver, then another Deathreaver uses Scatter to move adjacent to him, does that Deathreaver roll 2 fewer defense dice if attacked by Prince al'Kahora's second attack?
A: Yes.
If the figure was not adjacent to Prince al'Kahora at the start of the Prince's turn, that figure is affected by Strike of the Puma. This includes figures that move adjacent to Prince al'Kahora after his first attack, such as a Deathreaver using Scatter, a Goblin Cutter using Scurry, a Marro Divider created by Cell Divide, a Marro squad figure teleported by Teleport Reinforcements, or an Ebon Armor revived by Eternal War. Note that a Varkaanan Blade Dancer who uses Defensive Vault after surviving Prince al'Kahora's first attack would not roll 2 fewer attack dice against his second attack.
We request that the person who created this thread add these to the OP, if they're not already there. Thanks very much!

kolakoski September 29th, 2015 04:58 PM

Well met!

Bio?

TheAverageFan January 8th, 2016 08:50 PM

I find it a little odd that this guy's Class is Knight and not Prince. I might have to house-rule that so he can synergize with my Royalty-Bonders.

~TAF

Ninja Status January 8th, 2016 08:59 PM

I like that his class is "knight", lets me include him in some of my favorite KoW builds.

caps January 9th, 2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 2066086)
I like that his class is "knight", lets me include him in some of my favorite KoW builds.

He doesn't bond with the KoW. He does have synergy with Dupuis though.

Ninja Status January 9th, 2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 2066139)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 2066086)

He doesn't bond with the KoW. He does have synergy with Dupuis though.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Astroking112 September 16th, 2018 01:24 AM

Prince al'Kahora SoV Reviews: