Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Heroes of Star Wars Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Heroes of Star Wars: Battle Tests (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35372)

davidlhsl March 25th, 2011 04:58 PM

Heroes of Star Wars: Battle Tests

Heroes of Star Wars Battle Tests

I'm setting up this thread to play through the customs developed by the Heroes of Star Wars Project. Although I will present my battles as battle reports, they are provided to the Project for evaluation in terms of mechanics and balance.

Members of the Project are encouraged to present any requests or discussions these battles may present in this thread so that they don't have to interfere with their own development thread.

I will play battles with a focus on one Episode at a time, beginning with Episode IV. The first thing I will do when I begin an Episode is scan through the group and note any questions or items I have before actual play. Once that's been completed, I will post the Episode Index, and link it in this post with the status "Questions Needing Review" (or some wording equivalent). That Episode Index will further link all battles I play for that Episode.

When the Episode Index is initially posted, members of the Project are invited to provide any assistance with the questions I have. I will aim to have all items established in the Initial Questions section at the time the index is posted. This is to let the Project members deal with my questions at once rather than expecting them to constantly check this thread.

When I'm ready to proceed, I'll post "Complete" (or wording equivalent) in the Initial Questions heading of the Episode Index and "Battles in Progress" in this index. Now I get to have fun! I'll play various battles, post them to this thread with comments, and link the battles to the Episode Index. I will continue to play and post battles. During this time, Project members are invited to use this thread for any discussions, and present questions or requests to myself or others.

After I'm satisfied with the battles, I will signal this at the time I post the final battle with the status "Battles Final" and provide comments on each figure. I will also provide a general comment for the Episode as a whole. Project members are invited to weigh in with any questions or discussion. This can take place amongst themselves and/or with me in this thread. Unless there is any objection, I will then proceed to the next episode.

I will endeavor to make my work as clear to the Project as possible with status indicators, dates, and other items I feel will assist. I will not update any index (this or the Episode Index) without bumping the thread, so members don't have to constantly check in to see if I've updated anything.

MASTER EPISODE INDEX

Episode IV: 05/19/11 - Episode Complete. 11/30/11 - Added comment.
Episode V: 12/10/11 - Battles underway! Working on snow squads.

OPTIONAL RULES TRIED DURING TESTING

AT-AT Rules for Hoth battles

ITEMS TO REVIEW

Project Review
(none)

Items I want to review further
Tusken Raiders: 50 or 75 points? Not sure, and I question whether I'm playing them well.

davidlhsl March 25th, 2011 04:58 PM

Re: Heroes of Star Wars: Battle Tests

Episode IV

Initial Questions - 11/30/11 Complete!
Spoiler Alert!

Luke Skywalker (05/19/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Tusken Raiders (04/01/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Darth Vader (11/28/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Stormtroopers (05/19/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (05/19/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Han Solo (11/30/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Rebel Troopers (05/19/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Princess Leia (09/21/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Battles
Battle IV-01 (03/25/11): SW only. Movie matchup.
Battle IV-02 (03/28/11): SW only. Movie matchup, this time with Tusken Raiders.
Battle IV-03 (04/01/11): SW vs Classic.
Battle IV-03a (04/01/11): SW vs Classic - Followup to Battle IV-03
Battle IV-04 (04/25/11): SW vs Classic - Vader vs. the Gladiators
Battle IV-05 (04/27/11): SW vs Classic

davidlhsl March 25th, 2011 10:17 PM

Battle IV-01 (Star Wars only)
03/25/2011

Map: C3G HYDRA Base Gehenna

Team Rebels: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel Troopers x 3 (490)
Team Empire: Darth Vader, Stormtroopers x 3 (480)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Granite-M March 26th, 2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to davidlhsl again.
Boo! Thanks so much for taking the time to run these battles. Will rep as soon as I can!

davidlhsl March 28th, 2011 09:18 PM

Battle IV-02 (Star Wars only)
03/28/2011

Team Rebels: Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel Troopers x 1 (290)
Team Tusken: Tusken Raiders x 4 (300)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

davidlhsl March 30th, 2011 08:54 PM

Question added to Princess Leia:

Fire From Cover - Should this apply against adjacent figures? If the wording becomes cumbersome or this was intended, then I would recommend leaving as is.

03/31/11: Answered - applies if Princess Leia is unengaged.

davidlhsl April 1st, 2011 09:42 PM

Battle IV-03 (Star Wars vs. Classic)
04/01/2011

Team Star Wars: Han Solo, Princess Leia (with Fire From Cover used only if unengaged), Tusken Raiders x 2 (420)
Team Classic: Major Q9, Omnicron Snipers x 2, Eldgrim the Viking Champion (410)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

davidlhsl April 1st, 2011 10:44 PM

Battle IV-03a (Star Wars vs. Classic)
04/01/2011

Team Star Wars: Han Solo, Princess Leia (with Fire From Cover used only if unengaged), Tusken Raiders x 3 (420?)
Team Classic: Major Q9, Omnicron Snipers x 2, Eldgrim the Viking Champion (410)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

davidlhsl April 25th, 2011 08:27 PM

Battle IV-04 (Star Wars vs. Classic)
04/25/2011

Map: BoV Badru Valley

Team Star Wars: Darth Vader, Stormtroopers x 3 (480)
Team Classic: Spartacus, Retarius, Capuan Gladiators x 3 (500)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

davidlhsl April 27th, 2011 08:57 PM

Battle IV-05 (Star Wars vs. Classic)
04/27/2011

Map: BoV Badru Valley

Team Star Wars: Darth Vader, Stormtroopers x 3 (480)
Team Classic: Brave Arrow, Mohican River Tribe x 3, Fyorlag Spiders x 1, Sujoah (485)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

davidlhsl April 27th, 2011 09:05 PM

Whoopie!!!

I'm finished with my battles for Episode IV. I'm going to put together comments for each of the figures, and then I'll be ready to proceed to Episode V!!!

I had stated that I was going to wait for permission before proceeding to the next episode. However, I don't think I need to pause unless I run into a snag or issue that needs clarification. That will normally happen when I do my initial evaluation of an Episode.

Really fun stuff, and May the Force Be With You All!!!

mac122 April 27th, 2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl (Post 1393687)
Whoopie!!!

I'm finished with my battles for Episode IV. I'm going to put together comments for each of the figures, and then I'll be ready to proceed to Episode V!!!

I had stated that I was going to wait for permission before proceeding to the next episode. However, I don't think I need to pause unless I run into a snag or issue that needs clarification. That will normally happen when I do my initial evaluation of an Episode.

Really fun stuff, and May the Force Be With You All!!!

Awesome reports, Dave! As far as I'm concerned you can head on to Episode V. I look forward to reading those reports.