Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Heroscape Strategy Articles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Strongest dragon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54238)

zeekthefreak August 13th, 2017 03:18 PM

Strongest dragon

This thread is basically a comparison of the major dragons. It will be a scenario as in if it was a 1v1 between 2 dragons, thus base your choice on who would hypothetically win. If you want to actually test and play each dragon against the next. Your choices are:
Mimring
Charos
Braxas
Nilfheim
Othkurik
Moltenclaw
Zelrig

Post below which you would choose.
May the best dragon win ;)

Sorry wyrmlings

flameslayer93 August 13th, 2017 03:36 PM

Re: Strongest dragon

Charos over every other dragon. His defensive stats are the best, and none of the other dragons can attack him multiple times. Braxas is especially at risk, because she is subject to Counterstrike. Mimring would have the best chance, provided he can kite Charos. Moltenclaw too. But you can only kite for so long. ;)

Edit: You forgot Zelrig. ;)

Airborne Elite 5 August 13th, 2017 03:42 PM

My personal favorite is Nilfheim. I think he would crush every dragon except Charos. All of the others have only 3 or 4 defense.

Lazy Orang August 13th, 2017 05:46 PM

'Strongest dragon' and 'which dragon would beat the others in a fight' are two very different questions. To the second, it's obviously Charos. The first? Arguments could be made for Charos, Nilfheim, Zelrig or Braxas, IMO. Personally, I'd be inclined to say Braxas, because no one terrifies Unique Squads and kyrie like her, regular squads fear her almost as much as Nilfheim, and she doesn't have to worry about engagement while using her special while the others do.

zeekthefreak August 13th, 2017 06:23 PM

I would say that charos is mine. With 9 life he can easily face any of the dragodragons and win with a fair amount of healt. (Excluding Nilfheim) i find that 5 & 5 is better than 4 & 6 or 6 & 4 because it is more rounded, this also benefits his counterstrike and attack because he has enough defense to successfully counterstrike, and then on the other side he has 5 attack giving enough to pack a punch your opponent won't be laughing about.

Astroking112 August 13th, 2017 11:06 PM

We're looking at this wrong: it's obviously Othkurik. Need I say more?

TREX August 14th, 2017 12:01 AM

@Lazy Orang said it best to what im thinking. Most feared dragon has got to be braxas but a 1v1 dragon battle would go to charos. I hate fighting braxas. Shes melted so many of my sm/medium heroes.

darius23__14 August 14th, 2017 02:05 AM

My wife and I once ended up dueling Nilfheim and Braxas which really helped me see more clearly the roles that they fill, Nilfheim being a solid all around hitter with his multi-attack option or his high single attack, while Braxas is more of a specialty striker. Which I guess is obvious but it was still neat to see how Dragon vs. Dragon it played out. Charos rarely ever makes it to the table, but maybe I will need to consider playing him more. Without the multi-attack I have a hard time figuring out what fun thematic army to place him in. I am curious if anybody has ever set Zelrig against any other dragons and how he would compare to Mimring?

Lazy Orang August 14th, 2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darius23__14 (Post 2159583)
Charos rarely ever makes it to the table, but maybe I will need to consider playing him more. Without the multi-attack I have a hard time figuring out what fun thematic army to place him in.

Charos + Greenscales = virtually unbeaten in my family.

Other than that, as long as you have something for range and multi-attacks, he makes a great melee juggernaut.

flameslayer93 August 14th, 2017 09:54 AM

4th Mass + Charos is one option for Ranged army that uses Charos... and hey look, Charos is Valiant. ;)

Tai-Pan August 15th, 2017 05:27 AM

I have seen Su-Bak-Na take out Charos several times. +1 for the unmentioned Bone Dragon!

Airborne Elite 5 August 15th, 2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai-Pan (Post 2159673)
I have seen Su-Bak-Na take out Charos several times. +1 for the unmentioned Bone Dragon!

Su-Bak-Na is not a dragon. He is a Marro.