Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   C3V Playtesting Gala: 4th - 14th Sept. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52209)

ollie August 28th, 2015 05:53 PM

C3V Playtesting Gala: 4th - 14th Sept.

C3V Playtesting Gala

Hello and welcome to the C3V Playtesting Gala. A chance to win prizes and to contribute to the speedy release of more C3V units, all from the comfort of your own home!

We're asking you to join an intense week of playtesting of the many units we have in process. Just one test will be an appreciated and worthwhile addition, but the person who plays the most playtest games will win a mystery C3V prize, shipped anywhere in the continental US (we'll work something out if the winner is elsewhere).

Dates: The gala will run from 5pm on Friday 4th September to midday on Tuesday 14th September (all times EDT).

Sign up any time by saying so in this thread. At 5pm on Friday you will be PM'd the details of two units for testing. After your games, submit your playtest report to Ollie, Superfrog and Taeblewalker and you will receive in reply a new unit's stats (by submitting to all three of us, we can keep the turnaround time down). And so on. I'll keep the second post here updated with the scorecard for number of games played. To count for the competition, any playtest must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 14th September.

Online playtesting is encouraged. When you sign up indicate that you'd like this option and the PM that has the unit's stats will include links both to games with premade armies and ones without.

What's a playtest? Play 2-4 games with each unit (3-6 if it's a package with multiple units) and send your playtest report giving us the following information:
  • Set-up: Composition of both armies, map description (or name, if it's a well-known one), glyphs, other set-up info (was it a draft, for example).
  • Play: a summary of how the game went. Turn-by-turn not required but a good sense of the overall flow and how the playtested unit performed.
  • Analysis: thoughts on the playtested unit. Does not need to be game-by-game---one analysis per unit is sufficient---but should refer to the games to support opinions where possible.

But Wait! One prize is not enough. There will be another prize for whichever playtester's analyses is considered the most valuable. This will be judged by our playtesting duo, Superfrog and Taeblewalker. As before, this will be a mystery C3V-related prize, shipped within the continental US (and something can be worked out for others).

But Wait, There's More! Two prizes are not enough. There will be yet another prize, awarded by raffle. Your name will go into the hat once for each playtest you submit. Same prize parameters as the other two.

We hope many of you will consider taking part. Public playtesting is crucial for us to provide new units of the quality you've come to expect from C3V. Thanks to everyone who has playtested at any point in the past. This is the ideal time to get some more tests in, or to join in the testing community for the first time.

Any questions?

ollie August 28th, 2015 05:54 PM

Re: C3V Playtesting Gala: 4th - 15th Sept.

Scorecard.
  • Wriggz: 25
  • Heroscaper Guy: 0
  • Ixe: 14
  • Flameslayer93: 3
  • Cyber Controler: 6
  • Arrow Grut: 0
  • Betawolf36: 0
  • Evar-Scarcarver: 0
  • CrazyTankster: 0
  • dafe31: 2

superfrog August 28th, 2015 06:23 PM

posted a link in the Public Announcements thread, so people can see it better.

Kinseth August 28th, 2015 06:51 PM

Looking forward to it!

wriggz August 28th, 2015 07:21 PM

well seeing as I have already been throwing down the plates ting I will give this a go.

Dad_Scaper August 28th, 2015 10:51 PM

Yes! Wriggz is a plates ting expert!

Thanks for your interest, W. :up:

Ninja Status August 28th, 2015 11:19 PM

Count me in.

Heroscaper Guy August 29th, 2015 01:04 AM

I'll try and get my homework done before then so I can do it. Count me in.

Dad_Scaper August 29th, 2015 07:50 AM

Great! The more the merrier.

wriggz August 29th, 2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2042321)
Yes! Wriggz is a plates ting expert!

Thanks for your interest, W. :up:

racken fracking no good auto correct.

Ixe August 29th, 2015 11:09 AM

I'm in.

flameslayer93 August 29th, 2015 01:34 PM

I'll see about getting the gang together for some 3 player+ matches.