Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Durgeth Ravagers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54377)

bmon October 13th, 2017 05:07 PM

The Book of Durgeth Ravagers

The Book of Durgeth Ravagers

C3V Wave 7 (Wave 20) - Oreld's Orders - Warriors of the Glade

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...r_original.jpg

PDF Download

The figures used for this unit are Star Wars Miniatures figures from the Masters of the Force, Universe, and Universe sets respectively. Their model names are Far-Outsider, Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern, and Yuuzhan Vong Warrior.

Character Bio: The Durgeth Ravagers have been unaligned in the war for the wellsprings, content to attack whichever groups of traders or troops pass through their swamps unprepared. Valkrill, however, managed to turn their fury to his advantage, by promising opportunities for bloodshed and plunder across Valhalla itself.

Quote:

SAVAGE CRY
After revealing an Order Marker on the Durgeth Ravagers' Army Card and taking a turn with the Durgeth Ravagers, if the Durgeth Ravagers destroyed at least one opponent's figure this turn, you may immediately take a turn with one Savage Hero you control.

HIDE IN SWAMP
If a Durgeth Ravager is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If that Durgeth Ravager is on a swamp space, add 3 to your die roll. If he is on a swamp water space, add 6 to your die roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

Q: If all of your Durgeth Ravagers die during their turn, say to falling damage or Dying Swipe, do you get to take a turn with a Savage Hero afterwards?
A: No. If all of your Durgeth Ravagers leave play, the Savage Cry power is no longer usable. However, if you had any Durgeth Ravagers remaining, even ones that were not activated that turn, you would get to use Savage Cry.

Synergy Benefits Received:
Skull Demon : Valkrill Attack Aura 1
As followers of Valkrill with a Range of 1, the Durgeth Ravagers may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered:
SAVAGE CRY: Savages
- Olog
- Pel the Hill Giant
- Uzog
- Zombie Hulk

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:

Shredded by ranged commons, but they hit like a truck and have a solid bonding option. B
Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...agers_bmon.jpg

Scytale October 16th, 2017 10:49 AM

Re: The Book of Durgeth Ravagers

The C3V would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:

Q: If all of your Durgeth Ravagers die during their turn, say to falling damage or Dying Swipe, do you get to take a turn with a Savage Hero afterwards?
A: No. If all of your Durgeth Ravagers leave play, the Savage Cry power is no longer usable. However, if you had any Durgeth Ravagers remaining, even ones that were not activated that turn, you would get to use Savage Cry.

Dark_Stranger October 19th, 2017 12:34 PM

Hide in Swamp is up there with Water Clone as a shining example of how to do terrain-dependent powers right. Savage Cry is somewhat unreliable, and doesn't work with many currently-released heroes, but it's still really cool.
However, I might suggest clarifying that affected heroes need to have the Savage class, since there are a few who use it as a personality (most notably C3G's Conan).

Scytale October 19th, 2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger (Post 2165689)
However, I might suggest clarifying that affected heroes need to have the Savage class, since there are a few who use it as a personality (most notably C3G's Conan).

C3V is not concerned about C3G compatibility, nor is C3G concerned about being compatible with C3V. Not really meant to be mix-and-matched.

Since Savage has been used as a class, we really can't use it as a personality for the reason you noted. Sure, we could have spelled it out in Savage Cry, but having the same value as both a class and a personality just invites confusion.

Tankyteemo October 19th, 2017 04:04 PM

My question is if the 1 extra move and hide in swamp gives them enough of a boost on SotM maps to make more worthwhile to take than the Deatchasers of Thesk of 10 less points. The DoT have more reliable bonding thses guys. On swamp maps these guys definitely shine though and I'm looking forward to using them.

Dad_Scaper October 19th, 2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger (Post 2165689)
Hide in Swamp is up there with Water Clone as a shining example of how to do terrain-dependent powers right. Savage Cry is somewhat unreliable, and doesn't work with many currently-released heroes, but it's still really cool.

Like Scy said, we can't and won't adapt our wording to accommodate C3G cards. It's no reflection on their excellent work; it's just beyond the scope of our capabilities and beyond the scope of our mission. I imagine the C3G would say something similar, if you asked its members something similar about compatibility with us.

However, if there is a need for the standardization of C3V/C3G rules interplay, I think that would be a good mission for people interested in the subject. We can't and won't do it ourselves, and I doubt they will, but an enterprising person could certainly open the subject(s) up for debate, and discuss and decide specific trouble spots.

flameslayer93 October 19th, 2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankyteemo (Post 2165724)
My question is if the 1 extra move and hide in swamp gives them enough of a boost on SotM maps to make more worthwhile to take than the Deatchasers of Thesk of 10 less points. The DoT have more reliable bonding thses guys. On swamp maps these guys definitely shine though and I'm looking forward to using them.

It really depends on what other Savage heroes come after this. A particularly nasty Hero will make a huge difference between the two units. The DoT already have an established bonding line, these fellas don't. Until then, we can assume that the Durgeth are just a fun swamp board option.

Tankyteemo October 19th, 2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 2165741)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankyteemo (Post 2165724)

It really depends on what other Savage heroes come after this. A particularly nasty Hero will make a huge difference between the two units. The DoT already have an established bonding line, these fellas don't. Until then, we can assume that the Durgeth are just a fun swamp board option.

Very true I'm definitely looking forward to new bonding options for these guys. Though their bonding will still always be more unreliable I guess that gives the option of maybe having stronger bonding heroes?

kevindola October 19th, 2017 08:59 PM

Pel is already a particularly nasty hero. And I playtested these guys quite a bit with 2x Zombie Hulks and it was actually a pretty fun and surprisingly competitive army when not facing an elite special attacker.

Tankyteemo October 19th, 2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 2165763)
Pel is already a particularly nasty hero. And I playtested these guys quite a bit with 2x Zombie Hulks and it was actually a pretty fun and surprisingly competitive army when not facing an elite special attacker.

Pel also bonds with the Death Chasers of Thesk though. Maybe pairing them with Zombie Hulks and regular zombies could make an interesting army :ponder:

Cleon October 31st, 2017 05:22 AM

I'm looking forward to more Savage heroes for these guys, they could become really good.

Sherman Davies December 20th, 2017 11:21 AM

The PDF has been added to the OP. We apologize for the delay.