Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Sightings and Sales (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   A Totally Different Amazing Thrift Store Find (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55464)

Dr.Goomonkey January 3rd, 2019 04:52 PM

A Totally Different Amazing Thrift Store Find

This morning, while cleaning my house up from a small HeroScape event, I received a phone call from my mother informing me there was HeroScape at Value Village. I quickly rushed to the car, made sure my 30% off coupon was in the console as expected, and sped into town (actually, I drove like this guy, since I always do :grandfather: ).

Next thing I new, I spent $21 (after the coupon) on this dandy lot of HeroScape. If only they had let me into the warehouse find all that terrain (3 RotV, two of which are first edition, 2 SotM, 3 RttFF, 1 TT and VW and Marvel... Maybe I'll go back and insist to rummage around back there).

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3_original.jpg

flameslayer93 January 3rd, 2019 05:44 PM

Re: A Totally Different Amazing Thrift Store Find

Nice find!

AMIS January 3rd, 2019 11:04 PM

That is awesome!

Astroking112 January 4th, 2019 12:12 AM

Great find! I always try to look in these kinds of shops for some kind of deal like this, but haven't found anything so gar. Posts like these provide ample motivation to keep searching. :)

TREX January 4th, 2019 01:36 AM

I looked in a thrift store today as well for wall shelving for more miniatures that I could modify for my mancave. Unfortunately Utah is not generally very lucky in finding cool stuff like that because most everyone has a geeky relative to give their cool stuff too. I did get lucky once. Last find in the thrift store was a dnd dragon figure for 50 cents. Its a DDM4 Elder Blue Dragon 15/60. This guy was running for around 100bucks last I checked. Great find.

Dad_Scaper January 4th, 2019 01:49 AM

Awesome!

That's a lot of terrain's worth of minis. I hope you find it!

rym January 4th, 2019 02:14 AM

True Story:

My now 12-yr old (then about 8 yrs-old) called me at work to tell me they had found a Swarm of the Marro master set at the local goodwill. 20 bucks. Asked me if that was a good price as he really wanted to own his own MS. I said it wasn't bad, so his mom bought it for him.

Cue forward a few hours and I'm now home. I walk through the living room and see that he has the entire MS laid out in the floor. I've really got to use the restroom so I'm rushing by when I notice out of the peripheral of my eye Mimring.

I think nothing of it until I'm done peeing and walk back through on the way to the kitchen. Then it hits me. He didn't find SotM, he found RotV! Cha-ching.

I cone out of the kitchen to tell my boy the wonderful news about his Heroscape find - when I notice the dice. Red dice. Blue dice. A first edition RotV!! for 20 bucks.

Needless to say, once I informed he and his mom of the awesomeness of their find, we were all stoked. Great day and great memory.

itsbuzzi January 4th, 2019 09:17 AM

Lucky find, I always look at places for stuff like this. Around here not too many thrift stores that would carry something like that (I always check anyway) but many flea markets. I found stuff twice. The first time it was just a cardboard box that appeared to have A RotV set. I don't recall what edition because stupid me gave it to a friend because he didn't have any and I already had one of these sets. The second time I just found a few tiles including road and snow and a couple figures, nothing special in the figures but I gave the guy 2 bucks. Keep looking you never know what you'll find.

Taeblewalker January 4th, 2019 09:46 PM

Years ago I found nine SotM sets for 8 dollars each in a Toys 'R' Us in Queens.