Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman September 20th, 2018 08:16 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

Any recommendations on who to test the Sports Car with? Not OM hubs for sure. With the no special powers rule I guess it would be mostly not very mobile melee figures who want to get into the battle fast?

Yodaking September 20th, 2018 08:20 PM

Since using it as armor is a concern, I'd certainly draft it with low defense low life melee figures vs. ranged attackers. Drive up using the car as armor vs. the ranged attacks, then jump out and punch away.

Yodaking September 20th, 2018 08:24 PM

Can we get the current rules being tested linked to the FP.

Ronin September 20th, 2018 08:32 PM

Good idea! Added.

Also threw in some bullet points on some of the tweaks that have been discussed.

Yodaking September 20th, 2018 09:25 PM

Thanks!

Bats, (and any other heroes that were around back then) when the rules were first created was the idea of trying to run over people while driving a car ever discussed?

Ronin September 20th, 2018 09:27 PM

The Sports Car has that as a special power, rather than having that baked into the rules.

I think that makes sense - it's the big thing for a regular car, but the Mole Machine, for instance, can focus on something else without the overhead of trying to mow people down.

Yodaking September 20th, 2018 09:39 PM

That makes sense. I just really want to run some one over with a Zamboni machine being driven by Deadpool so I guess I'll have to get working on a card.

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/7553544a...946c5939_1.jpg

Steamroller might make for a better DO though.

http://i.imgur.com/HJDDKMN.jpg

IAmBatman September 21st, 2018 10:40 AM

Yep we did it in the special rules, ultimately (there was some discussion but we didn’t want to go too complex).

I’m struggling to come up with good builds that make these worth 150 points when you have to be temporarily nullified to use them. I’d love some army build suggestions here as I’m drawing a blank.

Ronin September 21st, 2018 10:45 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Initial Testing)

This is what I came up with when I was brainstorming builds for the initial:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2216137)
Finally putting armies together for the initial (I know, running behind). This is what I have so far:

Sports Car, Conan, Mantis, Zombie (670)
Sports Car x2, Walker x4, Selene, Jubilee, Lurker x2, Roamer, Skrull Infiltrator (1000)
Sports Car, Lady Blackhawk, Rover, Sage, Selene, Jubilee (1030)
Sports Car, Mantis, Zombie, Larfleeze, Alien Drone, Atom (1000)
Sports Car x2, Alien Drone x4, Robot, Skrull Infiltrator (1000)
Sports Car, Star-Lord, Nebula, Mantis, Stature (1000)

Kinda playing around with the possibilities. The way the vehicle rules work, a lot of OM hubs don't let you take a turn with a figure occupying a vehicle, but I did find a couple things of note:

-Mantis can move OMs to the card of a figure occupying a vehicle (Sage can't)
-If Rover's Companion is in a vehicle, you can reveal an OM on his Companion's card and choose whether to take a turn with Rover or his Companion

Beyond that, some strategies:

-Exploiting the DOs for Selene's auto-wounding power
-Leveraging multiple movements or activations to quickly load up cars (Lurkers + Walkers, Robot + Alien Drones)
-Drafting figures that might not mind taking a wound when a vehicle is destroyed (Conan, Alien Drones)
-Leveraging the mobility from vehicles for bonding pairs (Star-Lord + Nebula)

I'll start running the games either tonight or tomorrow morning. Open to other suggestions.

I didn't really mess around with squads operating vehicles, so that could be something to play with.

Ronin September 21st, 2018 10:47 AM

I don't feel like you need anything too juiced to make the Sports Car a decent value, though. Just throw a ground-pounder or two that appreciates the mobility in there and it can do pretty decently for you, between the mobility and the auto-wounds.

Scapemage September 21st, 2018 04:19 PM

I wonder if it would be any good to run some sort of Civilian army where you have a bunch of low cost squaddies driving around beefy cars. There's enough Civilian support in game to at least play with the idea.

IAmBatman September 21st, 2018 04:20 PM

Hmm, I might try that. I'm thinking I'm going to try pretty low point tests for this.