Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

wulfhunter667 August 5th, 2010 02:33 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

And mine as well. :thumbsup:

SirGalahad August 5th, 2010 03:05 PM

He's missing his 'J' at the end of the last power.

mac122 August 5th, 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1165853)
AGENT J
MOVIES

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
AGENT
BRASH

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4

MOVE 6
RANGE 7
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5

POINTS 130

TAUNT 10
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker for a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, Agent J is the only figure that can be attacked this turn.

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking with Agent J, you may choose an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may move all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher spaces. Affected figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move engaged or on a lava space.

NOISY CRICKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on Agent J.

Fixed!

JC McMinis August 5th, 2010 03:18 PM

Looks good mac

:thumbsup:

Balantai August 5th, 2010 03:18 PM

Is that a thumbs up, SirGalahad?

Takanuva August 5th, 2010 03:54 PM

Balantai August 5th, 2010 04:02 PM

I'm going to assume SirGalahad gave his thumb with his wording correction and thus Agent J passes.

You can post your choice whenever you get a chance, Wulf.

wulfhunter667 August 5th, 2010 06:17 PM

Thank you sir, and good job Mac. My choice...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

http://blogonomicon.eponym.com/buffy.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

http://74.50.48.3/uploaded_images/thumb/47193-thumb.jpg

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TV, Movies & Comics: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human

Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 7
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 6
POINTS ?

Possible Powers
I want to represent acouple of different aspects here.
1) Slayer strength - Yes, the above is correct, Attack 3. That represents the crossbow she has in hand. But I want to up it for adjacent attacks, not unlike Carr.
2) Speed and agility - Although some of this is hidden in the proposed stats, I might go a different direction with it. Might reduce defense to 4 and go with WoA's Defensive Agility or maybe a variant of Disappearing Ninja for the defense and movement combo.
3) Slayer senses - Maybe, but since we kinda did that a little with Simon earlier, I am more inclined to lend towards...
4) Vampire Slayer - An ability to gain some extra against vampires, monsters and darn near everyone.

I know, I know. Looks like I'm trying to create a superhero, right? Well, as written and portrayed as about a superhero. At the same time, I am not trying to have her cost 250 points, you know?
Basically what I am going for here is a good, up-front offensive character. Someone you wouldn't mind building an army around.
In case you've been living under a rock, info for Buffy is found here and info on the Slayer is found here.

Last thing, I thought I remembered seeing early on in this thread that if you start a series/show/movie, you may call dibbs on the remainer of the characters. If that's the case, consider this my dibbs on the Buffyverse. ;)

JC McMinis August 5th, 2010 09:43 PM

How about this combining your Slayer Strength and Vampire Slayer into 1 power.

The Slayer
When Buffy attacks a figure that is adjacent, add 2 additional dice to her attack rolls. When Buffy rolss attack dice against a figure that is not human all skulls rolled count for 1 additional hit.

SirGalahad August 5th, 2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1166029)
Is that a thumbs up, SirGalahad?

Yes it was

Lamaclown August 5th, 2010 11:38 PM

Very cool pick, wulfhunter! I used to be a major Buff-aholic. I have almost every episode in my movie collection:oops:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1166454)
How about this combining your Slayer Strength and Vampire Slayer into 1 power.

The Slayer
When Buffy attacks a figure that is adjacent, add 2 additional dice to her attack rolls. When Buffy rolss attack dice against a figure that is not human all skulls rolled count for 1 additional hit.

With 5 attack dice that could be kind of over the top. Most abilities like that have a max out around 3 attack I think. Not a bad idea just a little too powerful, I think, with 5 attack dice (base of 3 plus 2 additional).

How about something along the lines of...

SLAYER
When attacking a figure that is adjacent, Buffy may add 2 dice to her attack roll. If the defending figure is not human, once per attack, Buffy may reroll any attack dice that show blanks.

She typically wouldn't use her full power if she had to fight a human (except for Faith) so this would still remain faithful to her character.

To show agility or speed she could have a Counterstrike ability (although WoA works better; I would say make it against any attack).

For strength maybe an ability that says when targeted by a special attack or ability she should be considered a Large figure. There are special abilities that don't work against large figures (i.e. she is strong enough to fight off Jotun so he can't throw her; she is strong enough to fight off Chompy so he can't Chomp her; etc.). Of course what do you do with the Axegrinders? It isn't the best idea I've had for a special ability but hey, this is a brainstorming post so that is what I'm doing.

More ideas to follow.

(cool, this is post 777 for me)

mac122 August 6th, 2010 12:11 PM

Great idea, Wulf!
I've seen a few epsisodes of the TV show but not the movie or comic books. I don't recall Buffy using many weapons so I don't really have a comment on ranged attacks. From what I've seen, she is awesome at hand-to-hand combat. I think Lamaclown is on the right track with some version of Counterstrike or WoA like both of you have mentioned. The re-roll against non-humans is a nice touch, too. Gives her more potential hits without making her overpowered like additional dice might.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamaclown
For strength maybe an ability that says when targeted by a special attack or ability she should be considered a Large figure. There are special abilities that don't work against large figures (i.e. she is strong enough to fight off Jotun so he can't throw her; she is strong enough to fight off Chompy so he can't Chomp her; etc.). Of course what do you do with the Axegrinders? It isn't the best idea I've had for a special ability but hey, this is a brainstorming post so that is what I'm doing.

This is a neat idea. Maybe the axegrinders will be her weakness. Or you write with a "may consider her to be large." Though I don't think I'd say that to her face;)