Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Speed Custom Unit Contest D4: Information Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30862)

chief June 17th, 2010 02:53 PM

Speed Custom Unit Contest D4: Information Thread

Speed Custom Unit Contest D4
The goal of this contest is two things. Bring out some of the communities custom unit talents and have fun.

RULES
1 Have fun
2 In order to be an eligible participant you must follow all guidelines provided in each contest and turn in your entry by the due date.
3 Once you PM your entry this is your final submission. Unless you attach a note asking me for help. This entry will be submitted into the polls
IF IT QUALIFIES.
4 No more than one entry per person. If someone creates more than one entry you must pick one to be submitted.
5 You may not submit a previous entry OR unit made within 1 month of the contest posting.
6 All entry’s must be reasonably compatible with the Heroscape battle system created by Hasbro and now run by WOTC.

SUBMISSIONS
All submissions must follow all guidelines and not be in violation of the rules of this site. To officially be entered in the contest you must do a few things.
1 Make an entry that follows the guidelines for the contest for that month and the rules of the contest.
2 Pm it to me OR if specified to another member. This pm must be titled Custom Unit Contest + (Insert screen name here)

3 Attach a message saying you have read and understand the submission guidelines.
Figures:
This month you are to create an entry using this big fellow. He must Follow Aquilla.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/dw...lue_Dragon.jpg

For a lack of time (read final post of mine in the D3 poll) I am adding a card to reference for powers and possibilities for compensation. This is the wyrmling of this dragon. So its powers like the other wyrmlings, will be similar to the dragons they correspond with in the generals ranks.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...mling_card.jpg

Prize
A Heat is the time span of 6 consecutive months. A leg is 3 consecutive months. Each contest will be 1 month long. At the end of each leg the 3 winners will go under a play test process by the judges. The winner will then be placed into the finals for that heat. At the end of each heat the finalists will be put up against each other. The winner of each heat will be placed into the Tried and True Classic Customs Index or "hall of fame" as well as a Speed Custom Unit Contest Winners Display Thread.

Voting
After the initial creation time all entries that meet the requirements will be divided into even or as even as possible groups. These groups will each be placed into separate polls. These polls will accordingly be titled poll a poll b etc. After the winner is decided in each poll they will be placed into a finalists poll. Whoever wins this will be that months winner. In between the two polls each finalist will have a 3 day time span to make changes to their entry.

Final entry due June 25th
Voting until June 30th

*NOTE* There is no editing time in this contest because of the late start, I apologize, but hopefully the reference card, and simplicity in a dragon will make creation easy.

Chardar June 22nd, 2010 03:37 PM

Re: Speed Custom Unit Contest D4: Information Thread

I got mine sent off. Are all of the contests going to be mandating a singe mini? I think that one of the reasons that the first contest had such a large turnout is that the custom makers were allowed to use any figure they wanted, which allowed more creative freedom, which allowed for more entries.

Kaiyu June 22nd, 2010 11:53 PM

Isn't everyone's card going to be pretty much the same? High attack, low defense, lighting special breath attack that can bounce twice instead of once and flying...

Soundwarp SG-1 June 23rd, 2010 02:48 AM

Not to be rude or anything, but this contest seems rather pointless.

I mean, you've limited it to a specific figure for a specific general and effectively limited the power choice too. So, with all the identical entries, the votes will come down to what? Who has the best font? Who perfectly centered the name? How very riveting

Plus, there's a halfway decent chance we'll see an official Dragon that will be basically identical to the entries and might even use the same figure. I just don't see the point in making a 'preemptive' custom, especially since we'd be extrapolating from an already released mini version. :confused:

Chardar June 23rd, 2010 10:52 AM

I did my best to make mine unique and I believe that I succeeded. Perhaps you shouldn't underestimate our creativity. I believe that the point of this contest was to see just how unique we could make our entries without losing the theme of the blue wrymling.

Chardar June 26th, 2010 02:11 PM

When will the poll be up?

chief July 4th, 2010 12:18 AM

Alright, for july we will not have a scuc contest, my computer access is to limited. As for this months, i will start the poll in august, we have lots of great entries! As for the testing me and the other judges are currently testing and close to a decision for the first leg of this heat. More detials of how the rest of this leg will play out will be given soon.

chief July 30th, 2010 06:10 PM

Okay guys, I understand frustration is a muck. I do have a long apology note coming this way. I have literally just returned to civilization. I will have all the polls ready to run by august 1st. As for the next contest look for it August 1st as well.

chief August 1st, 2010 08:56 PM

Here is the poll. its open for 3 days
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31599