Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Foggy Nelson (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60131)

IAmBatman April 13th, 2022 03:01 PM

Re: The Book of Foggy Nelson - Public Playtesting

Fwiw, I think it could work as is, just with a big point bump.

IAmBatman April 13th, 2022 03:04 PM

Re: The Book of Foggy Nelson - Playtesting

OK, here's an end around, though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by redstang (Post 2492734)
http://moa.omnimulti.com/images/8/89...27Textless.jpg

NAME = FOGGY NELSON
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CITIZEN
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 30

NELSON AND MURDOCK
When placing Order Markers you may place an additional "X" Order Marker on this card. Before rolling attack dice with a Matt Murdock figure you control, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to add 1 to his Attack number for the turn, or 2 to his Attack number this turn if he is adjacent to a Client you control.

CRIMINAL DISCOVERY
Before rolling for initiative, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may choose an opponent's Army Card. That opponent may allow you to view all unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen card. If they do not, for the remainder of the round, all figures for the chosen card have the Class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on the card.

Just changing it so that you can reveal the "X" on Foggy for the attack boost probably takes care of both of my issues. Now Foggy's going to have an unrevealed OM on him for Criminal Discovery as well. The power will still only get used sometimes, but it's a hook that someone like Karen Page or other designs in the faction can use, so I think that's OK.

MrNobody April 13th, 2022 03:13 PM

I guess I question the addition of the extra X OM at that point? It feels like it's there just to be there, when it's already a very unique effect for a 30 point character to be providing.

IAmBatman April 13th, 2022 03:18 PM

I guess it's to let you use it twice in a round if you want or to use it once in a round in conjunction with Matt using his power once.

Skinderella April 13th, 2022 03:57 PM

It's probably been mentioned and/solved already but just checking. A Field Commander power can currently move Foggy's X to another card to be used on another card. Would it be worth adding a clause on this card to prevent that?

IAmBatman April 13th, 2022 04:05 PM

Which is another reason along with what MrNobody said that it might be worth exploring alternatives to the OM reveal.

tcglkn April 13th, 2022 04:11 PM

I don't really see why that would be an issue.

IAmBatman April 13th, 2022 04:15 PM

Actually, if anything, it's an argument for restricting Matt's Public Defender to once per round, because that's something you could pull off with Ozy or Loki and an OM mover already, and Prof X has his Psychic Defense X restricted to once per round for a similar reason. It's just a good guardrail competitively.

redstang April 16th, 2022 10:32 PM

I like the idea of restricting the additional X. But placement and reveal on Foggy and bonus to Matt's attack just feels off thematically. I would prefer to limit its reveal to Foggy's Card but allowing it to be placed on Foggy's Card or a Client's Card. Then going back to providing initiative bonus for OMs on the Client Card or allowing reveal on a Client Card but specifically for bonus to Murdock's movement. Or scrap the additional X altogether and go back to Client selection and Initiative Bonus for OMs and maybe adding something into that.

MrNobody April 17th, 2022 11:33 AM

Honestly I know people had concerns about handing out such a "high level" effect like an extra OM on such a "low level" character like Foggy, so if that aspect of the design isn't singing I don't think we need to fight to keep it.

Does something like this strike your fancy? It still allows you to get 2 "X" OMs on your Matt, but asks you to fight for it a bit more. I also think it's useful with almost any permutation of Matts we have so far. Civie Matt ovbviously likes the X OM, and Daredevil I obviously likes the Criminal tag. But even with Daredevil II, you can just toss the X on Foggy's card to get the initiative boost and potentially deprive the enemy of their X.
Quote:

NELSON AND MURDOCK
If there is at least one Order Marker on this Army Card and one Order Marker on the Army Card of a Matt Murdock you control, you may add 4 to your initiative roll.

CRIMINAL DISCOVERY
If you win initiative, you may look at an unrevealed Order Marker at random from any opponent's Army Card. If it is an "X" Order Marker, you may either:
-place that Order Marker on a Matt Murdock Army Card you control. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.
-consider all figures for the chosen card to have the Class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on the card.

redstang April 17th, 2022 12:04 PM

I do like that. I would note that as currently written, if you find the X you would either negate Jessica Jones Pound the Pavement by moving the X off of the opponents card, or potentially doubling Jessica's effect on Daredevil 1 by leaving it and turning someone Criminal.

MrNobody April 17th, 2022 12:14 PM

Yeah, I figured if you're:
-bringing Citizen Foggy, Vigilante Matt, and Fighter Jessica,
-winning initiative,
-guessing the correct OM,
-attacking with Jessica,
-and then attacking with Matt,
you deserve a decent boost, since that's so much stuff.