Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Zaeus (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37535)

quozl September 1st, 2011 11:57 AM

The Book of Zaeus

The Book of Zaeus

C3V Wave 1 – "Thormun's Reprieve"

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...2_original.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a AT-43 figure from the promo set. Its model number and name is Guide Darius.

The PDF for this card can be downloaded here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3383
GORILLINATOR ATTACK BONDING
After revealing an order marker on Zaeus, you may take a turn with a squad of Gorillinators you control before taking a turn with Zaeus. The Gorillinators cannot move during this turn.

RAIL GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 4.
When Zaeus attacks an opponent's figure that is not adjacent with his Rail Gun Special Attack, you must choose a figure adjacent to the targeted figure, if possible. If Zaeus inflicts more wounds than needed to destroy the targeted figure, all excess wounds count as unblockable hits on the chosen figure.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

The card originally posted on the front page was a prototype. The front page and this Book have been updated with the correct card.

Q: If Crixus has one life remaining and is targeted by Rail Gun Special attack, and Crixus rolls at least one shield, but Zaeus rolls at least two skulls, does the chosen figure adjacent to Crixus take unblockable hits?

A: No. One Shield Defense provides that if Crixus rolls at least one shield, the maximum number of wounds that Crixus can take is one. If Crixus takes the one wound, killing him, there are no excess wounds to cause unblockable hits on the adjacent figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

- COMMAND COURIER : Command Dispatch
Being a small or medium unique hero who follows Vydar, Zaeus may take a turn when a Command Courier uses its COMMAND DISPATCH special power.

- GORILLITROOPERS : Primadon Strategic Attack Bonding
As a Primadon hero, Zaeus can benefit from the Gorillitroopers' PRIMADON STRATEGIC ATTACK BONDING special power.

Synergy Benefits Offered

- GORILLINATOR ATTACK BONDING : Gorillinator Units

Terrain Benefits Received
N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index

B - A potent if expensive hero in his own right, Zaeus brings the Gorillinators into play.
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA
http://www.heroscapers.com/community.../1/8/zaeus.jpg
(Thanks for the shot, ZBeeblebrox!)

Griffin September 1st, 2011 12:12 PM

Re: The Book of Zaeus

Will the correct card be uploaded, and if so, when? :)

Thanks for taking the initiative on this one quozl.

quozl September 1st, 2011 12:14 PM

The correct image has been uploaded to the gallery (and is in the OP). The PDF will be corrected ASAP.

Griffin September 1st, 2011 12:15 PM

Thanks. ;)

Filthy the Clown September 1st, 2011 12:15 PM

With the size of that rail gun, Stinger denial is not just a hex on Marr.

quozl September 1st, 2011 12:28 PM

The corrected PDF has been uploaded and linked in the OP.

IAmBatman September 1st, 2011 01:07 PM

Nice work here, quozl! :-)

flameslayer93 September 1st, 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown (Post 1472666)
With the size of that rail gun, Stinger denial is not just a hex on Marr.

I'm not sure. The figure itself isn't that big(Medium 5 according to the card), judging from the picture, it only looks like 1 hex denial.

DENIED!!!:lol:

lefton4ya September 1st, 2011 01:14 PM

Nice!

On my figure (had for a couple months already) one of his hands keeps falling off and I need to re-glue it.

P.S. - Zaeus makes me think if my favorite incarnation of "Planet of the Apes"

Filthy the Clown September 1st, 2011 04:12 PM

I think it's great that you can you can draft Nakitas and Gorrilinators with this guy, and completely control your Gorillas without dumping one OM on them.

I am looking at

Zaeus 130
Nakitas 120
Gorillinators x2 180
Raelin or Rats x2 80
510 points 11/18 hexes

Dump initial OM on Raelin or Rats, then place the rest on either Zaeus or Nakitas, depending on what you are facing.

I guess that you have to look at the Gorillinators as VERY expensive pickets, but with up to 4 ranged attacks with Zaeus OMs, and Nakita protection on others, you have a decent tactical strongpoint.

Lamaclown September 1st, 2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown (Post 1472872)
I think it's great that you can you can draft Nakitas and Gorrilinators with this guy, and completely control your Gorillas without dumping one OM on them.

As long as you don't want them to go anywhere, that is. ;)

Quote:

After revealing an order marker on Zaeus, you may take a turn with a squad of Gorillinators you control before taking a turn with Zaeus. The Gorillinators cannot move during this turn.

Filthy the Clown September 1st, 2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1472876)
;)

Yep, and couple that with

Quote:

GORILLINATOR MOVEMENT BONDING
Before taking a turn with Nakita Agents, you may move 3 Gorrilinators you control up to 7 spaces each.
And you have a tactically flexible squad that can be controlled by either Zaeus or the Nakitas. Need to reposition your Gorrilinators? Use the Nakitas. Need to throw some rounds downrange? Use Zaeus. You can technically control your Primadon pickets without one OM on them.