Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker July 19th, 2013 02:45 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Conflicted, yes. Champion, no. At least not in movie #1. I would make him a Potential.

McHotcakes July 19th, 2013 03:27 PM

This thread is Alive!

Anyways, in terms of class could we make him a fighter? I think it fits with his character and matches with the Mariedians.

Taeblewalker July 19th, 2013 03:30 PM

Fighter is okay, but something like Potential seems to fit more. I would say that in the third movie, his class would be The One.

Balantai July 19th, 2013 03:55 PM

Re: Might've Missed It

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1846502)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1846492)
I like all of your suggestions, but I prefer Conflicted to Champion. This version of Neo is prior to being the all powerful Neo of the later films. His personality should reflect that time period, also.

Champion would be his class, while Conflicted would be his personality. Did you have something in mind instead of Champion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 1846498)
Was there a discussion about it being okay that he bonded with knights?

~Dysole, not really sure if that's the best

I'm fine with a change as long as the class fits Neo.

:oops: Sorry. Meant Conflicted instead of Bold.

For class:
Savior
Programmer
Hacker
Anomaly
Engineer

mac122 July 19th, 2013 04:14 PM

I'd say no to Savior for the same reasons that Champion doesn't fit

Fighter
Hacker
Programmer

TW - could you explain Potential? It sounds interesting for a class, but I'd like to hear how you came up with that.

Taeblewalker July 19th, 2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1846543)

Fighter
Hacker
Programmer

TW - could you explain Potential? It sounds interesting for a class, but I'd like to hear how you came up with that.

First, I do like Hacker, and I think that out of the computer terms it's the only one that seems appropriate.

As for Potential, a "potential" is one that could be "the one," or "a Slayer," etc. In fact, I may have gotten it from Buffy.

As far as where it applies to The Matrix, remember the first scene with the Oracle? The bald kid who said "there is no spoon?" Well, those kids were all "Potentials," I believe. They have the potential to be The One or at least a super hero, so to speak. I think that Neo hadn't really "made up his own damn mind" by the first movie.

JC McMinis July 19th, 2013 10:21 PM

I like hacker as well

mac122 July 20th, 2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1846611)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1846543)

Fighter
Hacker
Programmer

First, I do like Hacker, and I think that out of the computer terms it's the only one that seems appropriate.

As for Potential, a "potential" is one that could be "the one," or "a Slayer," etc. In fact, I may have gotten it from Buffy.

As far as where it applies to The Matrix, remember the first scene with the Oracle? The bald kid who said "there is no spoon?" Well, those kids were all "Potentials," I believe. They have the potential to be The One or at least a super hero, so to speak. I think that Neo hadn't really "made up his own damn mind" by the first movie.

OK. Thanks for jogging my memory. I figured it was in the movie, but I couldn't place it.

Hacker or Potential is fine with me.

SirGalahad July 20th, 2013 07:14 AM

Hacker works for me as well.

Taeblewalker July 20th, 2013 09:59 AM

Is there anything besides class that needs to be decided?

McHotcakes July 20th, 2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1846703)

His point cost.

Taeblewalker July 20th, 2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1846752)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1846703)

His point cost.

Then it's a matter of playtesting. I'm almost done working on The Blob myself, so I'll post that in the next few days so we can start talking about it.