Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

japes December 10th, 2019 09:01 PM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - VOTE for On Deck

yea

johnny139 December 10th, 2019 09:42 PM

My Yea stands from earlier.

quozl December 10th, 2019 11:45 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread

Small thing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207184)
• A DO is not considered under a player's control, unless it is a VDO occupied by a figure in your army.

This is pretty restrictive. Are we sure we don't want to make any other types of DOs that might be under a player's control?

Yodaking December 11th, 2019 01:17 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2338006)
Small thing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207184)
• A DO is not considered under a player's control, unless it is a VDO occupied by a figure in your army.

This is pretty restrictive. Are we sure we don't want to make any other types of DOs that might be under a player's control?

Good catch. I envision other kinds of draftable DO's. Even if that never happens, I imagine if you draft the Batmobile, it is still in your army even when it isn't occupied. That's why it has the remote, so you can keep driving it around while not occupied.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 08:35 AM

In your army =/= under your control. All that's saying is that the only way DOs are under your control is if they're a VDO one of your figures is occupying.

I believe the Batmobile Remote actually specifies control information as well. Part of the purpose of special powers is to break/modify the rules in rule books, which is how the Batmobile Remote approaches it.

If someone wants to create draftable DOs other than VDOs it would be on them to establish whether those DOs could be under your control and what it would take for them to be under your control. I imagine for most of them it'd be enough to simply have them in your army and be able to place them. I can't think of a lot of animated DOs that would need actual controlling and not just be VDOs. But, it's not my responsibility to imagine them, because that's not the purpose of this rule set.

Draftable DO rules can certainly be made that break or update rules here. I don't feel any responsibility for planning for hypothetical futures like that in this rule set, however.

Down to LP and Arkham or time. :-)

quozl December 11th, 2019 09:22 AM

I was thinking of other draftable DOs that are not vehicles that can be occupied and controlled, like a gun turret.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 09:25 AM

I'm sure a more generic draftable DO rule set or the card of the gun turret itself could cover that. That sounds like terrain to me, though, so I'd be curious how drafting and placing it would work.

Again, though, I don't think it's the responsibility of this rule set to figure all that out.

quozl December 11th, 2019 12:03 PM

Right but it's also the responsibility of this ruleset not to restrict unnecessarily.

Is that line necessary?

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 12:23 PM

Yes, because the way draftable DOs have been tested thus far, they're only under a player's control if they're occupied VDOs. There has been no other way in which a DO in your army has been allowed to be under a player's control, so simply having the line "A DO included in a player's army is considered like any other figure in that player's army, with a few key exceptions:" and not establishing that not automatically being in control of a DO in your army is an exception would create a hole in the rules and a lack of clarity for how VDOs function.

MrNobody December 11th, 2019 12:29 PM

Hold up, I was told several times by multiple different people that this ruleset does cover other kinds of draftable DOs. Are you saying it doesn’t? Because that would invalidate the Green Battery design that’s already been started. These are the rules for all Draftable DOs as far as I know.

I personally like the line. A DO is a machine that doesn’t have sentience or make decisions, so anyone on any team can be “in control” of it. If you want a DO that deviates from that (say an AI turret or KITT from Knight Rider), that sounds like special power territory to me.

MrNobody December 11th, 2019 12:36 PM

Okay, rereading, I get what Quozl is saying better. Why not just change the line to this?
Quote:

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 12:38 PM

I'm fine with that. Edited in to the SP.