Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker July 16th, 2010 08:12 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1145970)
Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Size: Medium 5

REACH
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Simon Belmont and its base is no more than 3 levels above his height or 3 levels below his base, you may add 1 to Simon's Range when attacking that figure.

UNDEAD HUNTER
When Simon attacks a figure that is Undead, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If an undead figure uses an ability on Simon that requires a D20 roll, you may subtract 1 from that roll.

SENSE UNDEAD
When rolling initive, you may add 1 to your roll for each of your opponent's order markers that are on an undead army card. Simon may take a leaving engagement attack against all undead figure.

SENSE UNDEAD
When rolling initive, you may add 1 to your roll for each of your opponent's order markers that are on an undead army card. Simon may take a leaving engagement attack agaisnt adjacent Undead figures with Stealth Flying when they start to fly.

I would make him about 110 points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1145973)
not bad,but I still think he should have a SA that effects un-Undead figures though.

How about reach? That, plus his stats, makes him pretty solid against the living.

JC McMinis July 16th, 2010 09:40 AM

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

REACH
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Simon Belmont and its base is no more than 3 levels above his height or 3 levels below his base, you may add 1 to Simon's Range when attacking that figure.

UNDEAD HUNTER
When Simon attacks a figure that is Undead, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If an undead figure uses an ability on Simon that requires a D20 roll, you may subtract 1 from that roll.

SENSE UNDEAD
When rolling initive, you may add 1 to your roll for each of your opponent's order markers that are on an undead army card. Simon may take a leaving engagement attack agaisnt adjacent Undead figures with Stealth Flying when they start to fly.

Ok I like this, Thanks for the wording correction, Tablewlaker

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1145973)
not bad,but I still think he should have a SA that effects un-Undead figures though.

How about reach? That, plus his stats, makes him pretty solid against the living.[/quote]

Exactly

Balantai July 16th, 2010 11:25 AM

Sense Undead is two seperate powers lumped together into one Special Power. When official characters have multiple powers lumped into one ability, they always happen in the same phase. For instance, John Doe may move though all figures. He is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Because both occur during the movement phase, the power is okay with multiple effects. This is not the case for Sense Undead. I really don't want to see Simon have four powers, so how about we drop a portion of the ability.

EDIT: The same is true for Undead Hunter. The triggers occur during different phases.

EDIT2: For Undead Hunter, instead of adding and automatic skull, (I hate adding automatic skulls since it removes the ability to whiff on a roll) how about we reduce the number of defense dice the defending undead figure can roll.

Hidicul July 16th, 2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1146360)
Sense Undead is two seperate powers lumped together into one Special Power. When official characters have multiple powers lumped into one ability, they always happen in the same phase. For instance, John Doe may move though all figures. He is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Because both occur during the movement phase, the power is okay with multiple effects. This is not the case for Sense Undead. I really don't want to see Simon have four powers, so how about we drop a portion of the ability.

EDIT: The same is true for Undead Hunter. The triggers occur during different phases.

EDIT2: For Undead Hunter, instead of adding and automatic skull, (I hate adding automatic skulls since it removes the ability to whiff on a roll) how about we reduce the number of defense dice the defending undead figure can roll.

Balantia has a point, there is way to many phases that the two powers activate to be able to really track when they trigger easily. I'll agree that with his stats and Reach he should be effective against the un-Undead:D I just like the sound of that, un-Undead.

dfonse July 16th, 2010 01:04 PM

Yeah, undead lose 2 def. and thus he can wiff

Balantai July 16th, 2010 02:14 PM

Suggestions:

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

WHIP

VAMPIRE HUNTER
When Simon attacks, Undead figures must roll 2 less defense dice while defending. If the defending Undead figure has the Drain Life Special Power, it must roll 3 less defense dice.

SENSE UNDEAD
After your opponent reveals an Order Marker on an Undead figure's card, you may immediately move Simon Belmont up to 3 spaces. If Simon is engaged prior to moving, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Balantai July 16th, 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1145763)
Hi guys, this project sounds interesting but at the rate you guys are moving I definitely will not be able to participate in the discussions but I should be able to handle cards for you. On that note, putting them on Valhalla templates is not an issue but I only use the standard version not the SotM vine version (one day I'll get that set :cry:).

If I can I would like to make a few suggestions as to the process. What you currently have outlined is great but I feel it needs a little bit more order to it.
  • First off I would say that all discussion that is not part of the current phase should be eliminated. (Yes I know this post contradicts that but it's my first chance to put something down & you guys have moved so damn fast :p)
  • So for the Brainstorming stage.
    • Only 1 post per person. If you think of something afterwards &/or want to make changes to what you have suggested, then go back & edit your post. (this is something we have employed in the C3G & it works really well.)
    • If you disagree with idea's somebody else has put forward do so in your own 1 post. Don't start a discussion about it, just state clearly why you disagree & offer something in it's place.
    • Remember at this stage the wording doesn't have to be accurate or official or even written like a power, just put your thoughts down as they come to you as it is only brainstorming. It'll be up to the designer to take what he likes & try to put them into something close to official wording.
    • The time limit for the Brainstorming posts is a good idea, but you need to list it as part of that stage (not in the draft stage :p). I would've argued that 24 hours wasn't enough but the way you guys are flying through it's probably spot-on but may need constant monitoring if people start to realise that can't keep up with the pace.
  • Draft Stage.
    • Something else we have started to do in the C3G which I think is beneficial, is including some design notes. This is so other people can understand what you were trying to achieve & what & who influenced your ideas. Even if you are just copying & pasting the bits from peoples brainstorming posts that influenced you.
    • Update the original post as soon as a decision is made & make a post to state that you have updated the post. Including a link back to the original post will be extremely helpful. Including the link in your signature isn't enough because eventually you will change that link.:D
    • If you disagree with something then start an open dialogue & state your clear reasons. Again offering solutions is better than just poking holes & don't make it personal. Remember everyone has the right to a different opinion. Defending your position is good if done in this same manner.
  • Voting Stage.
    • Set a time frame you don't want to have it open for ever.
  • Carding Stage.
    • PM me (A3n) the completed design including the Faction & mini photo.
  • HAVE FUN!!!
& best of luck guys.

Cheers

Thank you so much for this, A3n. It is greatly appreciated.

I will be implementing everything from A3n's proposed Brianstorming Phase. The Draft Stage will need some variance though since we will only be running this in a single thread. I have no issue with the designer reposting an updated version when he posts.

Also, most likely the thread will slow down once the excitement wears off a bit. You'll always be more than welcome to participate, A3n!

Hidicul July 16th, 2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1146601)
Suggestions:

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

WHIP

VAMPIRE HUNTER
When Simon attacks, Undead figures must roll 2 less defense dice while defending. If the defending Undead figure has the Drain Life Special Power, it must roll 3 less defense dice.

SENSE UNDEAD
After your opponent reveals an Order Marker on an Undead figure's card, you may immediately move Simon Belmont up to 3 spaces. If Simon is engaged prior to moving, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

I really like your modification to SENSE UNDEAD and VAMPIRE HUNTER.

Balantai July 16th, 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1146622)

I'm trying to get a feel for what JC is trying to accomplish without abandoning his ideas. I hope he likes it, too.

I also renamed Reach to Whip and Undead Hunter to Vampire Hunter. I think those power names are more iconic to Simon.

Balantai July 16th, 2010 02:31 PM

The first page has been updated with new Brainstorming rules.

mac122 July 16th, 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1146622)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1146601)
Suggestions:

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

WHIP

VAMPIRE HUNTER

SENSE UNDEAD

Do we need to add to a minimum of 1 defense die to Vampire Hunter?

I assume we'll be implementing the new discussion rules with the next design?
Edit: Balantai is toooo fast: Also, will we be following the 1 post rule during the draft stage or will that be the more open format?

Balantai July 16th, 2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1146630)
[I assume we'll be implementing the new discussion rules with the next design?

Since we're already past that phase, I'm going to have to say yes. ;) Unless you can get me an inexpensive time machine.