Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   OHS S56: Double Strike Pod Draft - CONGRATS CHRIS PERKINS (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=63382)

Dysole January 22nd, 2024 03:17 AM

OHS S56: Double Strike Pod Draft - CONGRATS CHRIS PERKINS

Online Heroscape Season 56:
Double Strike Pod Draft

WINNERS REPORT GAME HERE

Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Check the spoiler for a how-to-play video.
Spoiler Alert!

For this event, each player will bring three army pods, each with a maximum of 275 points and 12 figures*. (C3V/SoV eligible, no Marvel.) Use Standard Points. You may not repeat figures in more than one pod.

*Airborne Elite, Rechets of Bogdan, and Bound Heroes count towards the figure limit.

If the placed figures in the army require more than 24 start zone spaces, place the minimum number of additional start zone tiles needed adjacent to the back of the start zone. All additional start zone tiles placed must be adjacent to standard start zone spaces, must be the same level as an adjacent standard start zone space (use grass or ice), and cannot be placed adjacent to a space that is not in the start zone. If there is a dispute in adding tiles, contact an organizer.

The format is Double Strike Pod Draft.
Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off decides whether to be "Player A" or "Player B" in the draft.

The progression of the draft is as follows:
  1. Player B has the option of striking one of the six pods (a pod that is struck cannot be chosen by either player).
  2. Player A chooses one of the remaining (5 or 6) pods to play.
  3. Player B chooses one of the remaining (4 or 5) pods to play.
  4. Player A has the option of striking one of the remaining pods.
  5. Player B chooses one of the remaining pods to play.
  6. Player A chooses one of the remaining pods to play.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.

Event Details and Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, kicking us off

Chris Perkins January 22nd, 2024 11:20 AM

Re: Online Heroscape S56: Double Strike Pod Draft

Pretty sure there's something wrong with the draft progression order in the OP - either 5 or 6 should be Player A chooses one of the remaining pods to play (probably 6?). Fyi

But as-written Player B gets 3 pods to Player A's 1.

Dysole January 22nd, 2024 12:07 PM

Late Night

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Perkins (Post 2612550)
Pretty sure there's something wrong with the draft progression order in the OP - either 5 or 6 should be Player A chooses one of the remaining pods to play (probably 6?). Fyi

But as-written Player B gets 3 pods to Player A's 1.

This has been corrected.

~Dysole, informationally

ryguy266 January 23rd, 2024 10:22 AM

Can pods share figures? I think every other pod draft event I’ve played in hasn’t allowed that, but I don’t see it here.

Dysole January 23rd, 2024 11:58 AM

Good Catch

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy266 (Post 2612640)
Can pods share figures? I think every other pod draft event I’ve played in hasn’t allowed that, but I don’t see it here.

That's still the case. Added to the OP.

~Dysole, informationally

Chris Perkins January 23rd, 2024 03:50 PM

Signed up.

Really like my pods for this one (they will shock no one); we'll see how it goes.

Xiegfried January 25th, 2024 12:32 AM

Signed up and excited to try out pod draft for the first time! I had a lot of fun putting pods together for this, so I'm looking forward to playing what I came up with.

Foudzing January 25th, 2024 05:15 AM

Signed up, same as Chris I'll play my usual stuff hehehe.

quozl January 25th, 2024 05:42 PM

I made 3 unusual pods.

Shiftrex January 27th, 2024 01:33 PM

Can we get hyperlinks on the maps? I always struggle trying to find them in the folders.

Kinseth January 27th, 2024 05:17 PM

This sounds like a fun event, think I will dust off my digital order markers and dice and lace up the boots for this one.

Swarm January 29th, 2024 09:02 AM

Re: OHS S56: Double Strike Pod Draft 02/04/24 SIGNUPS CLOSE

Signed up!