Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Rules and FAQs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   AotP Question Dump (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51967)

Dad_Scaper July 23rd, 2015 01:51 PM

AotP Question Dump

Here's a place for you to ask questions about the rules of Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG. I won't be answering them, at least for the moment, because I don't actually *know* the rules. But somebody else will probably take a stab at it.

Ninja Status July 23rd, 2015 05:35 PM

Re: AotP Question Dump

Shouldn't there be a "Other Customizations & AotP Additions" section? I suspect some people will want to repaint the miniatures or customize the terrain in the future. Just a thought.

elvenwizard9 July 23rd, 2015 08:51 PM

I have a quick question:

How many people jumped when they saw the new subforum? I did. :lol:

chas July 24th, 2015 10:56 AM

Maybe you weren't following the Magic The Gathering Strategy Board Game discussion thread, which is now up to 82 pages. The need for this subforum is discussed at length and was implemented based on the discussion there. The thread was formerly in "Other Board Games." Clearly it was in a location that was too obscure for this hot topic.

obfuscatedhippo July 25th, 2015 12:37 PM

Clarification question:

Planeswalkers are not creatures, right?

For example on Incinerate: "Deal 3 damage to target creature .. "

You cannot use Incinerate to damage an opponent's Planeswalker?

vegietarian18 July 25th, 2015 01:26 PM

I would assume you cannot use anything that says Creature can't be used on a Planeswalker just because Incinerate + Dual Casting + Overheat is an automatic instakill on all Planeswalkers if legal. Someone with an MtG background can probqbly confirm that Creature means it cannot target w planeswalker.

Aldin July 25th, 2015 02:08 PM

Planeswalkers are NOT creatures (unless some abilty or effect makes them a creature).

~Aldin, creature featuringly

Leotheanimal87 July 27th, 2015 02:04 PM

Something my brother and I have been wondering, since you can play a spell card and summon before you move a planeswalker, does it matter which you do first?

Ninja Status July 27th, 2015 03:18 PM

According to the rulebook, if your Planeswalker is on the battlefield, you must draw a card first.

Aldin July 27th, 2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 (Post 2035826)
Something my brother and I have been wondering, since you can play a spell card and summon before you move a planeswalker, does it matter which you do first?

After drawing a card and selecting your Planeswalker for a turn and before moving that Planeswalker you can, in any order, summon up to two squads and play up to three spell cards. After moving the Planeswalker (and optionally attacking), you can play up to three spell cards, less any number you played before movement on this turn.

Here's a weird example:

As Liliana, you have not summoned any squads. You draw a spell card and select Liliana for a turn. Before doing anything else, you play Killing Wave, destroying the two annoying Rhox Veterans that were adjacent after Gideon summoned them last turn.

Next, returning the favor, you summon your Restless Zombies adjacent to Gideon.

Wanting to keep them safe from squads, you play Strangling Root on the Restless Zombies and move forward to attack Gideon from adjacent height.

With lousy luck, not only did Liliana miss Gideon, but his nasty counterattack inflicted a whopping 4 wounds!

Fortunately, she is adjacent to one of her Restless Zombies and plays her third and final spell card for the turn, Altar's Reach, destroying a Zombie and recovering four life.

~Aldin, suboptimally for anything but exampleishness

Targanth August 4th, 2015 09:55 AM

A comment on BGG about summoning squads has raised a question in my mind. Squads can be summoned to empty spaces within 5 spaces of the PW that in clear sight. Figures can not be summoned onto glyphs since they are not empty.

A height 4 PW would have clear sight to the top of a stack of terrain 1, 2, or 3 tiles high. A 4 height PW can not climb the side of a 4 high stack of tiles because of his height. Should a 4 high PW be able to summon a squad figure onto the top of a stack of terrain that is higher than their height?

If so, how much higher of a stack?

quozl August 4th, 2015 12:07 PM

As high as they can see.