Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dayton, OH. Heat of the Battle! Date and location pending... (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55148)

outforblood September 4th, 2018 08:10 PM

Dayton, OH. Heat of the Battle! Date and location pending...

Sat August 14th!(11am)

Location pending!

550 points Heat of the Battle!

16 hex limit!

To make things fun and not annoying you can only have 1 of these in your army if you choose...

Raelin v1, Deatheavers, Q9. Nobody likes to deal with 4 cards of rats! Lol

1. roll a d20, the higher number chooses who places first.
2. first person to place picks a card and places every figure on that card on the map.
2a. Squad figures must be placed NON adjacent to the rest of the squad.
2b. No figure may be placed adjacent to an enemy figures or on glyphs.
3. players alternate placing until one player has place all of his figures.
4. the remaining player places the rest of his figures on the map.
5. Place order markers and roll iniative as normal for the first round

No entry fee

Bring or buy a prize for the table!
Support your FLGS!

BYOF (bring your own food)
We can eat while we play.

Scoring will be either whole card scoring or 4 rounds - Round Robin (players will play in pools) with a championship 5th game. (Depending on turnout)

Going -

outforblood
Muskie
Mr. Mackie
Brennen the Kid
Brewster
Superfly
Chris (Brennen's friend)
Lefton4ya (maybe)

Dad_Scaper September 4th, 2018 09:09 PM

Re: Dayton, Ohio NHSD Tournament Oct. 19th!

Love it! I bet you'll have good numbers. Woohoo!

outforblood September 4th, 2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2218830)
Love it! I bet you'll have good numbers. Woohoo!

Even if it's just a small turn out it will be worth the fun just playing HS in a bar! Lol

lefton4ya September 5th, 2018 09:48 PM

Cool. @WOOKIE and I have ran many tournaments before so can help you a lot. The main thing stopping me was finding a place. Just make sure that bar has enough space for 20+ of us if possible - 2 maps / 4 people on one 8-foot table. I can maybe get the Louisville players to come up - they did the last couple years, and maybe some of the Columbus players to, although I think C2P area might have a NHSD a different week as well as Louisville.

Suggestions for format anyone? I like either Take-two or Draft style but am open for ideas. Maybe a mix which is 1/2 army pod draft. I.E. People bring two or three 250 point armies and each game you have back and forth drafting, but that may scare some new players. Other option is just bring two armies.

outforblood September 6th, 2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 2219169)
Cool. @WOOKIE and I have ran many tournaments before so can help you a lot. The main thing stopping me was finding a place. Just make sure that bar has enough space for 20+ of us if possible - 2 maps / 4 people on one 8-foot table. I can maybe get the Louisville players to come up - they did the last couple years, and maybe some of the Columbus players to, although I think C2P area might have a NHSD a different week as well as Louisville.

Suggestions for format anyone? I like either Take-two or Draft style but am open for ideas. Maybe a mix which is 1/2 army pod draft. I.E. People bring two or three 250 point armies and each game you have back and forth drafting, but that may scare some new players. Other option is just bring two armies.

Awesome! I will need all the help I can get. I have zero experience running a tournament and I suck at crunching numbers. lol

Father of Julian and myself will be providing the maps etc.

The venue has nice tables and plenty of space. D20 Bar is nothing but boardgames and beer. It's pretty awesome there. As for the format... no idea yet... something easy like 450 pts, no marvel no customs... classic HS. Or maybe we can do a 700 pt heroes only... or both. lol

Dad_Scaper September 6th, 2018 10:18 AM

Lefton4ya knows how to run a tournament. I should know, I've run one with him.

Also, check my signature block for the link for "how to run a tournament." It's meant to be a guide for people getting ready for their first one.

Good luck!

outforblood September 6th, 2018 10:53 AM

Right on I'll be sure to check it out. At first we were just going to do an open game for NHSD... but a tournament sounds more fun... if we can get people to show up and help out that is.

Dad_Scaper September 6th, 2018 11:01 AM

Oh, there's no difference between a game day and a tournament, really. If you have more people then do a tournament, is my suggestion. People seem to like that.

Decide which thing is likely to draw more people. Do that. That's my suggestion.

NecroBlade September 6th, 2018 11:02 AM

I'll certainly find out if anyone in Louisville is interested in making the trip up, but I'm not sure how Friday works out for most people (I'm good - 4-day work weeks ROCK!). We were also planning on ours being on the 20th, so that might not work out, either. On the other hand, with nothing set in stone here yet, maybe they'll be up for the 27th or 13th and we can both attend each other's NHSD's. :ponder:

outforblood September 6th, 2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2219253)
I'll certainly find out if anyone in Louisville is interested in making the trip up, but I'm not sure how Friday works out for most people (I'm good - 4-day work weeks ROCK!). We were also planning on ours being on the 20th, so that might not work out, either. On the other hand, with nothing set in stone here yet, maybe they'll be up for the 27th or 13th and we can both attend each other's NHSD's. :ponder:

I tried to get that Saturday but the venue is already booked that day. Hope you can make it!

lefton4ya September 6th, 2018 12:55 PM

Didn’t realize date was Friday. Note that Saturday is a lot better if you want to get people to travel (Columbus, Cincinnati/NKY, Louisville) but we could do Friday if it started at 6pm and went till 10:30 pm and you had time the previous few hours to set up 8-10 maps. Not to take your thunder as I appreciate help, but if we can find a place that is open Saturday it might be better, but smaller events are good too.

outforblood September 6th, 2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 2219316)
Didn’t realize date was Friday. Note that Saturday is a lot better if you want to get people to travel (Columbus, Cincinnati/NKY, Louisville) but we could do Friday if it started at 6pm and went till 10:30 pm and you had time the previous few hours to set up 8-10 maps. Not to take your thunder as I appreciate help, but if we can find a place that is open Saturday it might be better, but smaller events are good too.

New date and location set for Sat Oct 27th! Hope you can make it.