Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gen Con (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gen Con 2021 Roll Call (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57674)

Hahnarama July 19th, 2020 02:45 PM

Gen Con 2021 Roll Call

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahnarama (Post 2375973)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinseth (Post 2375809)
Someone should update the thread to read Gencon 2021 roll call then

Not until the fat lady sings. (Then and only then will I update)

GAME ON!

That ***** is finally done singing.

(Place Holder)

The Orange Mailman February 19th, 2021 05:49 PM

Re: Gen Con 2021 Roll Call

What are the odds this is going to happen?

MegaSilver February 19th, 2021 08:12 PM

Unlikely. I don't think GenCon will happen this year either.

Dysole February 19th, 2021 09:58 PM

My Current Estimate

I was 50/50 earlier in the year. I'm much lower now. I don't expect Gencon to happen until we are at 80% vaccination. I put that at somewhere in the 20-30% range to happen by Gencon with a major question of whether or not we'll know that with enough time for things like event submission. My brain is already kinda expecting there not to be one this year.

~Dysole, paying attention to many things

Chris Perkins February 19th, 2021 10:07 PM

For what it's worth, I've taken a few surveys that GenCon sent out asking what participants would/wouldn't do, and one of the questions those surveys asked was 'would you attend if GenCon happened later in the year', so it appears that is at least a theoretical possibility. I have no idea how hard that would be to change the dates, but someone involved at least has asked the question. Obviously if that is possible then it increases the probability.

OEAO February 20th, 2021 12:17 AM

If it gets pushed back to the fall, I get to miss a week of school... I'm not saying my fingers are crossed, but...

Muskie February 20th, 2021 10:57 AM

pushed back would be tough since I am a teacher. I have already booked the house rental for the set dates (which can be dropped at no cost). Hoping it happens, but thinking that unless things and mentalities change quickly, we will be virtual again.

corbell February 20th, 2021 11:37 AM

I haven't even looked into tickets this year. Maybe depending on what it looks like after my fishing trip this summer, I'll look at getting some tickets.. But I typically go to Winter War in January in Champaign Illinois.

Retlaw February 20th, 2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Perkins (Post 2449293)
For what it's worth, I've taken a few surveys that GenCon sent out asking what participants would/wouldn't do, and one of the questions those surveys asked was 'would you attend if GenCon happened later in the year', so it appears that is at least a theoretical possibility. I have no idea how hard that would be to change the dates, but someone involved at least has asked the question. Obviously if that is possible then it increases the probability.

I also got one of those surveys from GenCon. I notice one of the questions was basically about not having gaming tables (obviously pretty hard to keep 6 foot distance when playing games). I'd rather have it delayed until fall than have it in August, but with no gaming tables.

Matthias Maccabeus February 20th, 2021 01:51 PM

The big thing to remember is we usually submit events in Jan for an August event. They have not opened event submission yet. It’s hard to know what things will look like in 6 months. I’m not sure how that works for Gencon. It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to plan and organize everything in April for August. There was an article in the WSJ the other day talking about herd immunity by this Spring. But people are so divided on masks, vaccines, etc. it’s hard to gauge everything. People do mostly seem to all agree on social distancing being pretty important. That’s extremely difficult, if not impossible to do when playing board games. Also the dealer hall would need a huge facelift. At any given time there’s probably a dozen people within 6 feet of you in there. The survey also asked about more events (seminars, etc) and less gaming as @Retlaw mentioned. That’s not a thing that I would personally be interested in. Ken Con 3.0 is on standby at this point...

Tornado February 20th, 2021 03:19 PM

Sounds shakey. I agree with MM about the planning aspect. That alone makes a normal GC in August unlikely.

lefton4ya February 21st, 2021 01:12 AM

Would anyone go to Origins in Columbus, OH from September 30-October 3 as an alternative to Gencon? If we registered Heroscapers as a GAMA Club tickets would be almost half price and it might be the biggest game convention that happens in 2021, so a good alternative. Closer to some people, farther for others but still fairly central Midwest.

I’d also be open to alternate locations and dates if people have a suggestion that we can collectively agree on as THE Heroscape Gencon alternative. It doesn’t even have to be a regular game con, if Ken or someone can book a place that holds 80 people for 2 1/2 days of scape that might do, although some Gencon regulars like the mix of Scape and other games and events.