Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker June 27th, 2021 08:29 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I hope I was of some help!

Confred June 28th, 2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2470996)
ok found a solution to the image hosting. Will update the display thread tomorrow.
https://scontent.fdet2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...81&oe=60DB40DE

Indent the information after the bullets, specifically the first bullet?

Confred June 28th, 2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2471048)

Ariel
Thundarr the Barbarian
Television
Aquilla

I like this breakdown, I'm not sure we've done it like this before but am down for doing it moving forward

Quote:

Sorceress / Princess
I was thinking Sorceress. She was introduced as such several times.
Quote:

Headstrong / Brilliant / Confident ???
Ironically, her personality role is the opposite of this. Thundarr and Ookla are the Leroy Jenkins while she is the voice of reason, woman empowered

Quote:

BRIDGE / LEVITATION SPELL
When Ariel or a friendly figure within 5 clear spaces of Ariel moves, they may ignore all terrain effects and and do not roll for falling damage.
Awesome idea
Quote:

ENERGY FIELD
Ariel and any adjacent friendly Barbarians or Gladiators roll one additional die when defending against a non-adjacent attack.
fun synergy callout, but realistically she'd help anybody out. I do like that she protects her melee pod from nonmelee
Quote:

ENERGY RINGS
When an opponent's figure in 5 clear sight spaces, attacks Ariel or a friendly Barbarian or Gladiator within 5 clear spaces of Ariel, you may reveal an X order marker on this card and the attacking figure's turn immediately ends.
holy moly. Perhaps gate this with a die roll or OM reveal.

Quote:

Rough idea. Could swap out any of these for a teleportation power or a scrying (look at OMs) power or some sort of animation power.
It's a good draft. Eleven is more of the OM revealer. I feel this version is going to go the distance. I'll watch more episodes for research. Where can it be streamed?

Dysole June 28th, 2021 10:25 AM

Power Grab

I don't see energy rings as a breaking power. It costs an X order marker which is a decent resource but she herself is real fragile and real vulnerable to squads being a single attacker. The ability might be a bit more powerful in the endgame but you really shouldn't leave her until full health at endgame.

~Dysole, noting that keeping the boosts faction specific are probably the best way to tamp down her power

Tornado June 28th, 2021 11:34 AM

My thoughts as well. Also to keep down her cost.

Confred June 28th, 2021 12:15 PM

Re: Power Grab

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2471262)
I don't see energy rings as a breaking power. It costs an X order marker which is a decent resource but she herself is real fragile and real vulnerable to squads being a single attacker. The ability might be a bit more powerful in the endgame but you really shouldn't leave her until full health at endgame.

~Dysole, noting that keeping the boosts faction specific are probably the best way to tamp down her power

I somehow overlooked the OM requirement, That was even one of my fix suggestions. lol so please disregard

JC McMinis June 29th, 2021 10:26 PM

Nimue is in the display thread now

Confred July 3rd, 2021 12:50 AM

[deleted]

Tornado July 3rd, 2021 08:26 AM

Woah, ok.
Best wishes. Thanks for everything. You have really kept this project on track.

Confred July 3rd, 2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2472065)
Woah, ok.
Best wishes. Thanks for everything. You have really kept this project on track.

Sorry about that. Depression is a hell of a drug. Got that ish back in check. Carry on, nothing to see here 😅

JC McMinis July 4th, 2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2472129)
Sorry about that. Depression is a hell of a drug. Got that ish back in check. Carry on, nothing to see here 😅

I understand this. I have struggled with this myself, as has my son and both of my daughters. Glad that you got your head back on as it were.

Shiftrex July 4th, 2021 05:20 PM

BRIDGE / LEVITATION SPELL
When Ariel or a friendly figure within 5 clear spaces of Ariel moves, they may ignore all terrain effects and and do not roll for falling damage.

----> I think that this is a really powerful ability. I might suggest bringing it down to 4 because range of 5 affects a ton of spaces and will be nullifying a lot of stuff like lava. Just something to bring her a bit closer to the action maybe.

ENERGY FIELD
Ariel and any adjacent friendly Barbarians or Gladiators roll one additional die when defending against a non-adjacent attack.

----> I saw some talk about making this Aquilla figures on the last page I think? I almost prefer it focusing on Glads/Barbs, makes more sense for what I'm seeing in ye old cartoon.

ENERGY RINGS
When an opponent's figure in 5 clear sight spaces, attacks Ariel or a friendly Barbarian or Gladiator within 5 clear spaces of Ariel, you may reveal an X order marker on this card and the attacking figure's turn immediately ends.

- Really strong ability, shuts down stingers :D Makes things difficult for bonding melee if you are running the right stuff as well. For an X order marker, I'm down for this ability.