Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes September 19th, 2016 06:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2110567)
Version 3 wordings

PSYCHIC DRAIN
After each time El uses a her Dark Vision or Psychokinesisspecial power, she must roll 1 unblockable attack die against herself.

Some minor changes. I believe all official wording refers to the player rolling the dice and not the figure.

I've also been thinking about Adventurer Banding. Since El always gets dragged to places against her will, wouldn't it make more sense for to be moved during an adventurer's turn instead of moving an adventurer on her turn?

Quote:

ADVENTURER BANDING
After taking a turn with an adventurer you control, if adventurer is within clear line of sight of El, then you may immediately move El with her normal move.
Wording, and idea, up for change.

Quote:

PSYCHOKINESIS
If El, or any friendly figure adjacent to El, is attacked with a normal attack, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may roll 5 defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If it’s asmall, medium, or large figure, it may not move normally until the next round.*
*Can the figure still be carried or thrown?

Confred September 19th, 2016 10:54 PM

carried, thrown, teleported, etc are all non-normal movement and thus can still work.

" roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place 1 wound marker on El's Army Card." is official wording

With her Banding power, my concept is that she's the guide. She uses her powers to divine the direction and the banding reluctantly forms around that. This is also why Psychic Drain originally affected this.

CJofCourse September 20th, 2016 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2110772)
carried, thrown, teleported, etc are all non-normal movement and thus can still work.

" roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place 1 wound marker on El's Army Card." is official wording

With her Banding power, my concept is that she's the guide. She uses her powers to divine the direction and the banding reluctantly forms around that. This is also why Psychic Drain originally affected this.

Ah, this makes thematic sense to me now. Now I would be more for the original idea.

Dysole September 20th, 2016 01:44 AM

Eh

Well she wasn't really the person who decided where to go. The three boys directed her where they wanted to go and she helped them find it (well she kind of didn't want to and slightly sabotaged it). She was incredibly passive and McHotCakes' suggestion is probably truer to the character.

~Dysole, trying to hit theme as much as we can

Confred September 21st, 2016 03:07 PM

Re: Eh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2110793)
Well she wasn't really the person who decided where to go. The three boys directed her where they wanted to go and she helped them find it (well she kind of didn't want to and slightly sabotaged it). She was incredibly passive and McHotCakes' suggestion is probably truer to the character.

~Dysole, trying to hit theme as much as we can

I appreciate your want for accuracy, but I disagree. She very much decided where to go because she was the only one that knew where stuff was. It was only when the one boy broke off to scout on his own did they then take a new direction. The boys never really did anything without her, because she was the divining rod.
She was passive though, and that's why banding affects adjacent figures before her turn. She gives the direction, they go, she follows. If she doesn't she loses her two adjacency powers.
Having her 'sidekick' makes her more active, i think.
I like the order markers on her, because she is so frail.

Confred September 26th, 2016 12:02 AM

Current version:

DARK VISION
After revealing an order marker on El's Army Card and before taking any turns, if El is unengaged, you may look at 1 random order marker on any Army Card. If she is on a blue water space, look at all markers on the card and ignore Psychic Drain.

ADVENTURER BANDING
Before taking a turn with El, you may first take a turn with any adjacent Adventurer or Young Hero you control.

PSYCHOKINESIS (V)
If El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked with a normal attack, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may roll 5 defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If it's small, medium, or large it cannot move normally for the duration of the round.
-~~~~
PSYCHOKINESIS (S)
If El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked with a normal attack, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may roll 5 defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If you roll at least 1 shield and the attacking figure is small, medium, or large, it cannot move normally for the duration of the round.
-~~~~~
PSYCHIC DRAIN
After each turn, if El used Dark Vision or Psychokinesis, roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place 1 wound marker on El's Army Card.
(card placement)

POINTS 40

Note: I tried to remove Banding to make the card smaller but it's needed I think.
Edit: After thinking about the Elf Wizard pod, I'm 40% more willing to remove Banding.

Spoiler Alert!

CJofCourse September 26th, 2016 01:30 AM

Hmmm.... Perhaps Psychokinesis should use a marker to denote whether or not the opposing figure can move?

Confred September 26th, 2016 08:41 AM

@CJtheMighty that observation inspired a version I like better:

PSYCHOKINESIS (M)
If El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked with a normal attack, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may roll 5 defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If you roll at least 1 shield and the attacking figure is small, medium, or large, it cannot move normally for as long as El is adjacent to it.

JC McMinis September 27th, 2016 02:24 PM

Card as it stands now. I have not done the hitz one yet as I am atill hoping to find something better. Personally I have no problems with the placement on the card with four powers. Text size does not obther me. I have to play with reading glasses as it is so I can read the cards :p

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psfqa6cunz.jpg

Confred September 28th, 2016 08:33 AM

Is "EXPERIMENT" the correct font size?

I like the card and character overall. Thoughts?

JC McMinis September 28th, 2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2112510)
Is "EXPERIMENT" the correct font size?

I use MSE to make the cards. The fonts adjust size automatically. I have no control over that.

William099 September 28th, 2016 11:18 AM

Adventurer banding or bonding?