Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Sales and Trades (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Another collection for sale (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53369)

SpriteMichaeler September 15th, 2016 02:59 PM

Another collection for sale

As much as I love this game, it hasn't caught on with my group or in St. Louis as much as I had hoped. In the year or so I've had my collection, I've only played 5 games. I am not much of a collector, so it's time to part ways. I'm keeping a bit back for myself to use with AotP (which has seen surprisingly more playtime than Heroscape). However, now's the time to get much of the collection out of my closet and on to someone else's table. I'd prefer to sell it as a lot rather than piecemeal. It's year end, and I just don't have the time to dedicate to it.

At retail prices, I'd expect to sell everything for over $1500. This isn't retail, though, so I'm looking for offers between what I could easily do with T&T and retail. I'm looking to send everything to a good home and make a decent return on what I've spent.

Highlights
- At least 4 complete RotV sets. 3 first edition, 1 second edition. (i have various other terrain, including a full set of swamp water)
- At least 2 complete RttFF sets. Fairly certain there's actually 3 sets of trees, though.
- At least 1 set of FotA. Fairly certain there's closer to 1.5 sets
- More than 175 squads and heroes, mostly complete with cards. I also have many ArtsCow playing cards for those missing and many of the others. Full figure inventory on Google Drive. No AA or Flagbearers. Never saw the value.
- Comes with a large Rubbermaid tote and several plano 3700 tackle boxes for the figures. Everything was stored well and protected. I have tried to be as detailed as possible, but please ask if you have any questions.

Pictures will be coming tonight, I just want to get this out there so people can start thinking about it. Shipping could get expensive, but hopefully we can find a way to offset that and the PayPal fees. I'm in St. Louis, but willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet up if that works.

If the lot buyer is cool with it, I'd like to hang on to about a dozen of the figures to use during the NHSD tournament on 10/8 in Peoria. I'd ship them after the event at no additional cost to the buyer. If not, I'd understand that, too. Thanks for looking.

sprite

Proclaimed September 15th, 2016 05:26 PM

Re: Another collection for sale

Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful attempt to get your group playing. At least they're into AotP to satisfy your craving for Heroscape. You should consider just letting go of the figures and keeping the terrain to build your battlefields. The lack of a full 3D element in AotP was very unappealing for me. Even if you don't count height for movement, I imagine it would still be fun to play on a map with hills and trees and castles and bridges and .... WTF!?!?!?!? Why the hell don't they like Heroscape. Gaaahhhh!!!! Burn them all!!!!

Sorry to see you go, but best of luck on the sales

SpriteMichaeler September 20th, 2016 09:58 PM

A bit late, but I've finally been able to take some pictures of my collection. See the imgur link here: http://imgur.com/a/btqEg

This thing is heavy. It doesn't even all fit in the tub. There's plenty spilling over. We'll have to figure out shipping.

I've also priced it all officially out. At retain (T&T/eBay), the collection is valued at $1232.76. My asking price, if purchased separately, would be $1031. That's at a 15% discount off eBay or what I could get from T&T. If you want the entire collection, I'd take at least another 10% off. Definitely open to offers.

Due to popular request, everything has been priced out individually. I still prefer not to sell in small batches, but if anyone wants a large chunk, I'd be glad to do that. Please see the spreadsheet linked and let me know if you have any questions.

TREX September 21st, 2016 10:57 AM

So the selling price column is the column to refer to on the doc?

SpriteMichaeler September 21st, 2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2111066)
So the selling price column is the column to refer to on the doc?

Correct. Selling price is the per unit price. Asking price is the Selling price times the quantity.

TREX September 22nd, 2016 01:58 PM

Sent a PM of sorts.

Grimnak September 24th, 2016 08:37 AM

@SpriteMichaeler I as well.

SpriteMichaeler September 26th, 2016 09:50 AM

Hi everyone, sorry if I missed your PM. I was at wedding events all weekend. Someone has expressed interest in all of the loose figurines. We are very close to finalizing the deal (just figuring out the invoice). That would leave only the "sets," "extras," and "Glyphs" available for sale. I am still actively trying to move these and will take offers on them as well!

TREX September 26th, 2016 01:12 PM

So that's a not for sale anymore on the PM then? Then disregard my requested list.

SpriteMichaeler September 26th, 2016 03:35 PM

The deal for the lot fell through at the last minute. Everyone that has sent me a PM in the past few days has been responded to and the items they requested reserved. Many squads and sets are still available.

If there is still interest, please see the full inventory and condition listing within this google drive Pricing, along with what is currently reserved and available can be found in this document. I will attempt to merge the two as I have time.

Grimnak September 26th, 2016 04:02 PM

I truly don't want this to come off as flaming (which it certainly is not), or maybe I'm just pretty upset, but I've noticed that it is always the same 2-3 people buying up every single collection that makes its way to the site. People like myself (who can't live on HSers but genuinely want these items for play, not resale) get shafted every time to the point where this site, which seems to promote its relatively lower prices quite often, only sees those items turned over for more profit elsewhere.

TL;DR Just a trend I've noticed quite often in the previous sales. The same exact people buy everything of any remote value as soon as its listed.

TREX September 26th, 2016 06:30 PM

@Grimnak , I'm a long time Heroscaper. I tend to buy stuff for a good deal in quite a few of these threads. None of the stuff I buy is for resale. I have been plugging in pieces of my collection for play, and tournament use. (Not for just me but for others attending tournaments I host or co-host) I occasionally buy stuff for tournament prizes. (That I give away for free to fellow scapers.) My only advice is to keep your eye out for deals, as they will keep coming up. I've missed as many deals as I've grabbed.