Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gen Con (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gen Con 2018 Map Makers - Volunteers Needed (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54913)

Matthias Maccabeus May 31st, 2018 04:52 PM

Gen Con 2018 Map Makers - Volunteers Needed

As always I need help building the maps because I'm getting old and I can't tell the difference between all the different colors anymore....
We are at Lucas Oil this year so it complicates things slightly. @Retlaw will let us know the unload location. We unload at 3PM on Wednesday Aug 1st and are usually done in approximately 2 hours. Please let me know via this thread or through PM if you can help. I need about 12 to make it all go smoothly. Thanks!!

1. Matthias
2. Raider30
3. Justchris
4. Matthias' Boss
5. Jeff
6. Retlaw
7. Orcelfarmyone
8. Dragon Ruler
9. Hendal
10. Stubobj
11. Wookie

@MajorQ23 , @infectedsloth ?

Hendal June 3rd, 2018 03:27 PM

Re: Gen Con 2018 Map Makers - Volunteers Needed

Henal is a yes, as always, thanks so much, really looking forward to another great year

stubobj June 5th, 2018 03:55 PM

Cant commit 100% but I should be there for map making. I'll keep you posted that day. We are leaving NE around 3am.

Hendal June 6th, 2018 07:00 PM

Have we been moved to the football stadium? how much farther is that? it is on the other side of the convention center from my hotel.

Matthias Maccabeus June 7th, 2018 12:02 PM

I need 2 more. Also remember you get to hang out with me for an extra couple hours. What's not to like? I'll even bring a few autographed pictures.

Hendal June 7th, 2018 01:09 PM

well the real bummer is I love setting up boards, but the wrist band has always gotten me into the dealer hall on Wend. so I can walk around and geek out on everything, just frigging awesome walking through on set up day, I am guessing that is over - darn it.

Matthias Maccabeus June 7th, 2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendal (Post 2196376)
well the real bummer is I love setting up boards, but the wrist band has always gotten me into the dealer hall on Wend. so I can walk around and geek out on everything, just frigging awesome walking through on set up day, I am guessing that is over - darn it.

Why would that be over? The door guys just look for the bracelets. After you’re done with maps head over to the big hall. I bet they’ll still let you in.

Hendal June 9th, 2018 04:11 PM

he he, you know I will try

Matthias Maccabeus July 24th, 2018 07:00 PM

8 days guys. @Retlaw , where do you want us to unload? Is there somewhere closer to Lucas Oil?
@Hendal and @WOOKIE ,
PM your cell numbers just in case.

Retlaw July 25th, 2018 09:03 PM

i'll have to check, but for now the Maryland Street drop off may still be the easiest. It's covered in case it's raining, easy to find, and close to the parking garage for me (there is a lot on the south side of Lucas Oil, but it may not be open on Wednesday (they usually only have it open for events).

Downside, a bit of a walk. But I'll try to have at least two hand cards/dollies, so hopefully no one ends up carrying a tub the whole way.

Retlaw July 31st, 2018 05:57 PM

Everything is in tubs/boxes and ready to be loaded up tomorrow for the short trip downtown (it is nice only being 15 miles from downtown Indy).

Well it's been raining for two days and more in the forecast for tomorrow (Wednesday), so that makes it drier to unload on Maryland Street (same place as prior years) since it is under cover.

See you all at 3:00!

WOOKIE August 1st, 2018 12:30 PM

Because of A bus delay, I doubt I’ll make it by 3. Right now unknown arrival time.

Hay Matthias! Could you use “Chain Grab” to get me there??