Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Parked Car (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39406)

Hahma January 24th, 2012 08:04 AM

The Book of Parked Car

The Book of Parked Car

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 13
FREE PARKING

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._ParkedCar.png
Card PDF

The destructible object used for this unit is a Speed Wheels vehicle from the Series XIV set.
Its model number and name are 11041 /Scion xB.

Object Bio - Just when you thought it was safe to do battle in the city streets, suddenly a car comes flying out of nowhere and just missed squashing you like a bug. Don't get too excited as you're not out of the woods just yet, because if that car's gas tank gets ruptured, you might get a little bit singed or catch a flying piece of metal in the forehead.

-Type of Destructible Object-
  • Destructible Object: A Destructible Object can be targeted, destroyed, and removed from play the same way a figure is. See HERE for additional C3G Destructible Object rules.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hahma January 24th, 2012 08:05 AM

Re: The Book of Parked Car - Design Phase

NAME = PARKED CAR

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 3

LIFE = 4

DEFENSE = 6

RUPTURED GAS TANK
When this Parked Car is destroyed after failing to roll at least one shield against an attack, before removing this Parked Car from the battlefield, each figure adjacent to this Parked Car receives one wound.

Hahma January 24th, 2012 08:14 AM

Power is just an starting point and is certainly open for tweaking. :D

Good Pig January 24th, 2012 08:58 AM

That first sentence needs some serious help. Looks like a great DO though. :)

IAmBatman January 24th, 2012 10:18 AM

I wonder if there shouldn't be an ability for it to "fail" its explosion on a low roll (so make it three tiered)? Like fail on a 1-2. It seems like there should be the possibility of it not exploding. :-P

Hahma January 24th, 2012 02:13 PM

Yeah, chance of fail would be good. :D

Griffin January 24th, 2012 08:58 PM

And really, I don't think these cars should be exploding very often... but that is dangerously close to :deadhorse:

:lol:

So yeah, a chance to fail is a good idea IMO.

Hahma January 24th, 2012 10:00 PM

"If this Parked Car is destroyed after failing to roll any shields where at least 1 skull is rolled"

The chances of them blowing up is kind of slim anyway. I mean, it can fail to roll any shields but only take 2 wounds and not blow up. It has 4 lives, so it's not like a Deathwalker that has high defense and only 1 life where a defensive whiff is a sure kill. It has a defense of 6, so while whiffs are possible, it's not going to happen a ton of times because you should still average 2 shields per roll.

I for sure think a three tier d20 roll is fine with a 0, 1 and 2 wound range. :D But I still think that it's not like any time it's destroyed it's going to blow up, just anytime it's destroyed after whiffing defensive roll. So most of the time people are going to target a figure near a car anyway rather than targeting the car in hopes of it exploding (though if it has 1 life left, the chance is better of getting destroyed with the next attack, it still has to whiff to have a chance to blow up). I guess thte main time it will be getting the best chance of exploding is if people have figures throw the car to get a 4 die attack vs itself and others, that way the throwing figure if it has range can still attack someone too.

We'll see though and if the non-exploding roll for the d20 needs to go up to 1-4, that's groovy too. :D

IAmBatman January 24th, 2012 10:34 PM

Hmm ... I'd misremembered that aspect ... it seems like the "fails" are built into the explosion trigger, in which case we can probably forgo them in the D20 roll (in the name of elegance and all).

I've got nothing on the wording right now ... anybody else have a shot at making that first line less brutal?

A3n January 24th, 2012 11:23 PM

with a 6 dice defense I think it would be better just to blow up if destroyed after rolling a no shield defense & do away with the d20 roll altogether. :shrug: KISS

IAmBatman January 24th, 2012 11:52 PM

Good point! Just make it two wounds any time it blows? Or just one?

Hahma January 25th, 2012 12:06 AM

2 might be too nasty if the car is thrown into a crowd of Greenn Lanterns. :twisted:

Good idea A3n. :D As I was pointing out earlier, it's not going to be easy for it to get destroyed by whiffing a defensive roll with 6 dice and having 4 lives. How many times during a game is it going to get attacked or thrown? Now if it happens to take some wounds from area of affect attacks and it gets down to 1 life remaining, then someone might attack it to hope for a whiffed defense roll to put an auto-wound on Flash, GL or Spidey or other such hard to wound opponents, but most of the time, you will just attack the opponent's figure where it will be easier to inflict a wound than hoping to get lucky with the car.