Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Dracula (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49345)

Karat September 17th, 2013 02:38 PM

The Book of Dracula

The Book of Dracula

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 41
THE TOMB OF DRACULA

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Dracula.

VARIANT CARDS

Character Bio - Centuries ago, Prince Vlad Dracula of Wallachia - better known as "Vlad the Impaler" - ruled Transylvania with brutality enough to earn the title. If this was not enough, he soon was gifted with the immense powers of vampirism - stronger, faster, and smarter than the average human, with immense physical and mental powers, not to mention nigh-immortality and an endless thirst for human blood. Dracula's abilities were vast enough to win him position as the lord of all vampires, a throne from which he has ruled for nearly 600 years. He has made countless attempts to wrest control of the world - stopped by the forces of good year after year, battle after battle. Unfortunately, such losses are little more than inconvenience to a being without death - and the war has no end in sight.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Dracula may activate an Undead Hero or Squad with his Lord of the Dead special power. Current Undead.
  • Figures with the Magical Defense may add 2 to the roll for Dracula's Rise from the Grave special power. Current figures with the Magical Defense special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Karat September 17th, 2013 02:38 PM

Re: The Book of Dracula(Design Phase)

NAME = DRACULA
SECRET IDENTITY = VLAD TEPES DRACULA

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = LORD
PERSONALITY = SANGUINARY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 490

LORD OF THE DEAD
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Dracula, you may take a turn with one Undead Hero or Undead Squad you control.

VAMPIRISM
If an opponent's figure receives enough wounds from Dracula's normal attack to be destroyed, remove a Wound Marker from this card. If the figure was a Unique Hero, instead of destroying it normally, place all wounds from the attack on that figure's card and remove up to 2 Wound Markers and all Order Markers from that card. If that figure has enough wounds to be destroyed, destroy it. Otherwise, take control of that figure and its Army Card. That figure's Species is now Undead instead of what is listed on the card. Vampirism never affects Undead, Androids, Constructs, or destructible objects.

RISE FROM THE GRAVE
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card you control and before taking a turn with that card, if Dracula has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. Add 2 to your roll if that card has the Magical Defense special power. If you roll 19 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card and immediately place Dracula on any empty space on the battlefield.

STEALTH FLYING
When Dracula starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Karat September 17th, 2013 02:47 PM

Some possible comic images.

Personally, I think the first one is the best.

Flame Gryphon September 17th, 2013 02:49 PM

:up: Looks great to me. Although I would almost wonder if there should be a part of Vampirism that allows Dracula to gain more life instead of turning Unique Heroes. If I'm fighting someone with a Weapon X army including Bob, I'm not sure how much getting a full-life Bob on my side would be worth compared to healing 2 or 3 wounds on Dracula. Just a thought, and I definitely think it works as is. :)

As far as comic art, the first one should work. Even though I really like the last one.

Karat September 17th, 2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon (Post 1867912)
:up: Looks great to me. Although I would almost wonder if there should be a part of Vampirism that allows Dracula to gain more life instead of turning Unique Heroes. If I'm fighting someone with a Weapon X army including Bob, I'm not sure how much getting a full-life Bob on my side would be worth compared to healing 2 or 3 wounds on Dracula. Just a thought, and I definitely think it works as is. :)

As far as comic art, the first one should work. Even though I really like the last one.

It could be very useful if say, you already have Deadpool ;)

{Edit} As far as the comic images go, I like all of them to an extent, but the first one catches my eye for it's subtle reference to Vampirism and Lord of the Dead, whereas the last one is my second choice due to its subtle reference to Lord of the Dead.

Zettian Juggernaut September 17th, 2013 03:40 PM

Here's some rewording for Vamrirism:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1867909)
VAMPIRISM
Dracula's destroys an opponent's figure with his normal attack, remove a wound marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero, remove up to 3 wound markers and all Order Markers from its card and take control of it. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the species of Undead instead of what is listed on its card. Androids, Undead, or Destructible Objects are not affected by Vampirism.

And not to be too nicky, but healing and coming back to life is going to be pretty darn strong. Thanos' is on a 19 or higher and has to be placed adjacent to a figure you control. Maybe make it he comes back at half life?

Karat September 17th, 2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut (Post 1867929)
Quote:

VAMPIRISM
Dracula's destroys an opponent's figure with his normal attack, remove a wound marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero, remove up to 3 wound markers and all Order Markers from its card and take control of it. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the species of Undead instead of what is listed on its card. Androids, Undead, or Destructible Objects are not affected by Vampirism.

And not to be too nicky, but healing and coming back to life is going to be pretty darn strong. Thanos' is on a 19 or higher and has to be placed adjacent to a figure you control. Maybe make it he comes back at half life?

That doesn't work for me, cause you still destroy the figure thus Vampirism wouldn't work with Lord of the Dead, which is why I had the receives enough wounds to be destroyed verbiage in there.

As to him coming back, that could work, but I'm ok with him being really expensive.

Lord Pyre September 17th, 2013 05:01 PM

I was hoping you'd pick him! Loving it so far, but I have a few suggested changes below. Otherwise it's awesome. :up:

Quote:

NAME = DRACULA
SECRET IDENTITY = VLAD DRACULA

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LORD
PERSONALITY = THIRSTY
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ?

LORD OF THE DANCE

After revealing an order marker on this card, and before taking a turn with Dracula, you may either take a turn with one Undead Hero or Squad, or Entertainer Hero you control.

VAMPIRES SUCK!
If an opponent's figure receives enough wounds to be destroyed from Dracula's normal attack, remove a wound marker from this card. If the figure was a Unique Hero, remove up to 3 wound markers and all Order Markers from its Army Card and take control of it. For the duration of the game, that figure loses its Species and has the species of Undead instead. Vampirism never affects Undead, Androids, or Destructible Objects.

RISE FROM THE CASKET
After revealing an Order Marker on a card you control, if Dracula has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. Add 2 to your roll if the revealed Order Marker is on the card of a figure with the Magical Defense special power. Subtract 2 from the roll if there is currently daylight outside. If you roll 18 or higher, remove all wound markers from this card and immediately place Dracula on any empty space on the battlefield.

TURN INTO BAT
Before taking a turn with Dracula, you may replace his figure with a bat figure, or replace the bat figure with his figure. While the bat figure is on the battlefield, change his stats to 2 attack and 2 defense, and negate every other ability on this card.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLYING

Zettian Juggernaut September 17th, 2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1867933)
Quote:

Quote:

VAMPIRISM

That doesn't work for me, cause you still destroy the figure thus Vampirism wouldn't work with Lord of the Dead, which is why I had the receives enough wounds to be destroyed verbiage in there.

That part can be change back, though most of the time he's probably only going to bring them back 1 or 2 life, 'cause it's not easy to just put the right amount on wounds, though it's not a big deal, just thought I mention it.

So here's the wording you want (though a couple of other changes in there)?
Quote:

VAMPIRISM
If an opponent's figure receives enough wounds to be destroyed by Dracula's normal attack, remove a wound marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero, remove up to 3 wound markers and all Order Markers from its card and take control of it. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the species of Undead instead of what is listed on its card. Androids, Undead, or Destructible Objects are not affected by Vampirism.

Quote:

As to him coming back, that could work, but I'm ok with him being really expensive.

Yeah, that's something that can be changed if needed during playtesting.

Karat September 17th, 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut (Post 1867995)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

VAMPIRISM

That part can be change back, though most of the time he's probably only going to bring them back 1 or 2 life, 'cause it's not easy to just put the right amount on wounds, though it's not a big deal, just thought I mention it.

So here's the wording you want (though a couple of other changes in there)?
Quote:

VAMPIRISM
If an opponent's figure receives enough wounds to be destroyed by Dracula's normal attack, remove a wound marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero, remove up to 3 wound markers and all Order Markers from its card and take control of it. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the species of Undead instead of what is listed on its card. Androids, Undead, or Destructible Objects are not affected by Vampirism.

Good point. Hmmm...I'll have to think on this.

A3n September 17th, 2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

VAMPIRISM
If an opponent's figure receives enough wounds to be destroyed from Dracula's normal attack, remove a wound marker from this card. If the figure was a Unique Hero, remove up to 3 wound markers and all Order Markers from its Army Card and take control of it. For the duration of the game, that figure loses its Species and has the species of Undead instead. Vampirism never affects Undead, Androids, or Destructible Objects.

So a figure with 5 life has 3 wounds & you hit him for 2. Instead of receiving those 2 wounds you remove all 3 wounds leaving him now unwounded & therefore have a full health undead. Is that your intent?

Karat September 17th, 2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1868036)
Quote:

VAMPIRISM

So a figure with 5 life has 3 wounds & you hit him for 2. Instead of receiving those 2 wounds you remove all 3 wounds leaving him now unwounded & therefore have a full health undead. Is that your intent?

I was trying to make it kinda like Doomsday where they have as many wound markers on their card as their life value and then you remove 3 so in your example it would be at 2 wounds with 3 life remaining, but that is seeming really difficult to accomplish.