Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole January 17th, 2021 06:04 PM

Couple Thoughts

I like a lot of that simpler wording with two minor additions. We should add an "if possible" to Wynonna's wording just in case a future figure prevents OMs from being placed. I think she should also have to have a numbered OM on her as well so that she can't just be added to an army to mess with someone and then they just throw the X on her over and over.

For the duration of the game does potentially have a memory issue which is best to avoid which is why the figure that uses it (WWL) has a marker. It's why I suggest any figures she kills go onto this card so you don't have to remember which figures she killed. So have it be something like.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice. If a figure is destroyed by this special power, place it on this card.For the duration of the game, figures on this card destroyed with Peacemaker Gun cannot be placed on battlefield.

~Dysole, otherwise happy

Confred January 18th, 2021 07:08 PM

Re: Couple Thoughts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2441932)
I like a lot of that simpler wording with two minor additions. We should add an "if possible" to Wynonna's wording just in case a future figure prevents OMs from being placed. I think she should also have to have a numbered OM on her as well so that she can't just be added to an army to mess with someone and then they just throw the X on her over and over.

For the duration of the game does potentially have a memory issue which is best to avoid which is why the figure that uses it (WWL) has a marker. It's why I suggest any figures she kills go onto this card so you don't have to remember which figures she killed. So have it be something like.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice. If a figure is destroyed by this special power, place it on this card.For the duration of the game, figures on this card destroyed with Peacemaker Gun cannot be placed on battlefield.

~Dysole, otherwise happy

I ran into that memory issue also, so I agree also.

I was thinking about the X as representing the booze bottle in her hand lol

Tornado January 18th, 2021 07:09 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

That is cool.

Dysole January 18th, 2021 10:56 PM

Shrug

I guess although I don't quite follow. It's mostly that she is a heavy drinker. It's not usually a plot point just a character trait.

~Dysole, glad Tornado is a fan of this direction

Tornado January 19th, 2021 07:59 AM

I prefer my Dysoles happy. :)

JC McMinis January 19th, 2021 10:04 PM

Ok I like where everything is at currently here is the card as it stands. I intentionally did not put in a point cost.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d0...22tq9r1pzg.jpg

William099 January 23rd, 2021 08:06 PM

Figures cannot be placed on battlefield. Shouldn’t that say the battlefield?

Dysole January 23rd, 2021 08:25 PM

Yalp

Yes it should say "the battlefield". I'm happy with this rendition. 55-65 for points?

~Dysole, feeling like the point value is kinda okay. She does mess with a couple builds but for the most part she's a pretty niche/counterdraft unit

William099 January 23rd, 2021 10:00 PM

I like what I’m seeing on Winona!

Confred January 24th, 2021 12:38 AM

I don't recall "Utgar figures" but I do think there's precedent for "figures who follow Utgar" - please reference otherwise
CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent has a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkril, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkril, if possible.

Perhaps explore unused design space of placing next to card instead of on card to dance around Spirit powers?
PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice. Place all figures destroyed with Peacemaker Gun next to this card. For the duration of the game, they cannot be placed on the battlefield.

FAQ
What if Peacemaker Gun is negated? Can the figure then be placed? Yes. The power that prevents placement would be negated.

Without Gun autokilling, Points shall drop
POINTS 60 --> 45

Dysole January 24th, 2021 02:10 AM

Thoughts

Is there any functional difference between "beside the card" and "not on the battlefield"? There are really 3 places a figure can be. Not on the battlefield, on the battlefield, or on a figure's card. Figures who follow Utgar does sound right so yeah good update.

~Dysole, who notes that Spirit powers wouldn't be affected by Peacemaker Gun as all of them currently are not on Undead or Demon figures

Confred January 24th, 2021 08:59 PM

Re: Thoughts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2443683)
Is there any functional difference between "beside the card" and "not on the battlefield"? There are really 3 places a figure can be. Not on the battlefield, on the battlefield, or on a figure's card. Figures who follow Utgar does sound right so yeah good update.

~Dysole, who notes that Spirit powers wouldn't be affected by Peacemaker Gun as all of them currently are not on Undead or Demon figures

If they were simply not on the battlefield, one could forget how they got off the battlefield.
If they were physically next to the card, there would be less doubt.

Customs could definitely open Spirit like abilities for Demons and Undead, possession being one.

Confred February 5th, 2021 11:41 PM

I say we discern wording then playtest.

I'm tied until Sunday, but I encourage others to grease their elbows and give this hero her just entry into the Halls of Fiction

Confred February 7th, 2021 03:55 AM

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure who follows Utgar or Valkril, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkril, if possible.

Can save word space by saying control. Only control figures who are on the battlefield...

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, players must place a numbered order marker on the Army Card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkril, if possible.

In this version, wording is cut way down and the effect represents the pandemonium her misfortune brings to town

Dysole February 7th, 2021 01:37 PM

My Vote

Option 1. With two powers, word space isn't really an issue. Also Valkrill has two "L" s.

~Dysole, currently in the process of moving

Confred February 8th, 2021 09:40 AM

Good catch with the spelling of Valkrill.

Now that power 1 is effectively confirmed, let's work on power 2 then go to playtesting

Confred February 13th, 2021 02:02 AM

Hopefully I get to playtest tomorrow, ice canceled work

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit..._earp_8792.png

Confred February 21st, 2021 04:57 PM

Perhaps we not deal with figure placement after death. Remove the figure from game instead.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...arp_181462.png

Steam Link for playtesting:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=2403752813

So it's fun when she rolls two-skulls.
Her drawback isn't much of a drawback, and that's okay.
Most games she won't be worth her Points, but the one where she takes out an imposing Undead will be the talk of the show.

Once we figure out wording, I'd be willing to vote and move this on.

Confred February 22nd, 2021 01:02 AM

Timer starts, expires Friday, March 12.

Upcoming design leads are: @SirGalahad @Tornado @Sir Yeshua

Dysole February 22nd, 2021 03:12 AM

Thoughts

I'd rather like a 10 point bump with her at 5 life because she's at least as durable as you'd expect someone like Murphy or Shotgun to be. The reason why I had the language I did was to avoid a memory mechanic and because to my knowledge "removed from the game" isn't actually a defined term and so this was the easy way to kill zombies or thralls or skeletons of Annellintia and not have to worry about them regenerating. Otherwise I basically expected that to be about her power level and I'm fine with voting her along once we hammer out the wording.

~Dysole, trucking along

Confred February 22nd, 2021 09:01 PM

Re: Thoughts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2449780)
I'd rather like a 10 point bump with her at 5 life because she's at least as durable as you'd expect someone like Murphy or Shotgun to be. The reason why I had the language I did was to avoid a memory mechanic and because to my knowledge "removed from the game" isn't actually a defined term and so this was the easy way to kill zombies or thralls or skeletons of Annellintia and not have to worry about them regenerating. Otherwise I basically expected that to be about her power level and I'm fine with voting her along once we hammer out the wording.

~Dysole, trucking along

What are rules for Temporary Power Glyphs? Those get removed from the game

Dysole February 22nd, 2021 09:49 PM

Glyphillin

So it says removed from the game. Unfortunately it's in a rulebook and not on a card so that feels not QUITE the same but it does make me more amenable to that change.

~Dysole, who wants like a day to sit on it

Confred February 23rd, 2021 03:53 PM

Life 5 should work, I felt she could have been a bit hardier during my playtest. She could possibly stay at 45 Points also, but 50 or 60 is fine too

JC McMinis February 23rd, 2021 08:43 PM

So this is where we stand currently. i think 50 points is a fair cost.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e3...22tq9r1pzg.jpg

Dysole February 23rd, 2021 09:14 PM

Safari So Good

I think it should be "numbered Order Marker on a card of a figure who follow Utgar or Valkrill, if possible." I still like card placement rather than trying to remember which figures got destroyed and which ones got removed from the game. Otherwise I'm happy with it.

~Dysole, who will see what she comes up with the next time it rolls around to her

Confred March 11th, 2021 10:03 PM

Version 6.2
CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent has a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice and if destroyed is placed on this card. Figures on this card lose all powers while on this card.

Figure looks like it's from Heroes Forge

Also, this design expires tomorrow. About to playtest instead of file taxes lol.

Current next up order is
@SirGalahad @Tornado @Sir Yeshua @Ericth74 @Zetsubo @Knox @JC McMinis
Taeblewalker @machinekng @McHotcakes @Confred @CJtheMighty @Barry allen @Dysole

Confred March 11th, 2021 11:28 PM

At 5 Life, She plays like a 60 Pt figure. I like her at odd Pts however because she's difficult to work with and I appreciate the pun. 65 could be fine. So could 55 since she's so niche.

In the series she's rough and tumble. Not particularly skilled at fighting but definitely more than 1. The increased Life showcases this well because she can handle a scrap

Drawback isn't much of a drawback, but it's fine.

Dysole March 12th, 2021 12:53 AM

Sounds Good To Me

I'd change "each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of their figure" to "each opponent must place a numbered order marker on a card of theirs" but otherwise I'm happy with everything else.

~Dysole, not 100% sure that the second power prevents things like Zombies Rise Again or the Thrall's power since the power is triggered from figures that aren't on her card (could just change it to "may not be removed from this card by any Army Card or Glyph" if we're uncertain. )

Confred March 12th, 2021 09:53 AM

Good call with the second power quibble

Confred March 12th, 2021 11:12 AM

I should also mention the card gets crowded fast and that may need to get addressed

Confred March 13th, 2021 01:42 AM

V6.21
CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on a card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice and if destroyed is placed on this card. Powers cannot remove figures from this card.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...arp_468008.png

Dysole March 13th, 2021 11:06 AM

Close

Copy cyberclaw wording since the Sturla glyph is a thing. I'd also say "theirs" instead of "their figure" sounds more grammatically correct.

~Dysole, with finishing touches

Confred March 14th, 2021 01:03 AM

Re: Close

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2453471)
I'd also say "theirs" instead of "their figure" sounds more grammatically correct.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, please write out the power

Confred March 14th, 2021 01:21 AM

For reference (Commentary to come)
Quote:

Copy cyberclaw wording since the Sturla glyph is a thing.

CYBERCLAW
Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in the battle (yours, your teammates and your opponents'). If you roll a 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.

PEACEMAKER GUN
Powers cannot remove figures from this card.

Dysole March 14th, 2021 03:30 AM

Clarity

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of a figure of theirs who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

That sounds most grammatically correct to me although I modded it from my original suggestion.

"Powers" is vague. Since Gladiatrons specifically calls out Special Powers on Army Cards or Glyphs that tells me that is the Heroscape language to use.

~Dysole, noting that Heroscape language could absolutely have been written better in many places

Confred March 14th, 2021 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2453592)
CYBERCLAW
Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Figures on this card cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Quote:

"Powers" is vague.
PEACEMAKER GUN
Special powers cannot remove figures from this card.
Quote:

Since Gladiatrons specifically calls out Special Powers on Army Cards or Glyphs that tells me that is the Heroscape language to use.
It mentions Army Cards and Glyphs, if we start listing do we need to mention terrain also?

Confred March 14th, 2021 05:12 AM

Sidenote, since we replaced "has" with "control" I think we may remove "on the battlefield" because I think figures outside the video are outside "control"

Confred March 14th, 2021 05:25 AM

Re: Clarity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2453607)
CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of a figure of theirs who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

"of theirs" feels way wrong without source.

How about:

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of a figure they control who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

Dysole March 14th, 2021 12:16 PM

Awesome

I love that version. I'll be back later to comment on the Cyberclaw stuff.

~Dysole, about to play a game in soon

Confred March 15th, 2021 08:19 AM

How do we feel about Army Card crowding?

Dysole March 15th, 2021 10:23 AM

Three's a Crowd

So like even in her best matchup she should go down to a horde of zombies in like 3 turns which is something like 3-6 zombies on her front. I just don't see it as an issue any worse than Skeletons of Annellentia from VC.

~Dysole, mathematically

Confred March 15th, 2021 09:32 PM

Diggity. I'll mock something up soonish to display where we are

JC McMinis March 16th, 2021 09:29 PM

So this is where we are
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f0...22tq9r1pzg.jpg

Confred March 19th, 2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Copy cyberclaw wording since the Sturla glyph is a thing. I'd also say "theirs" instead of "their figure" sounds more grammatically correct.

~Dysole, with finishing touches

I'm agreeing with this sentiment. Even if we create a seemingly better version, since an official version has been published it will by default be the actual best version.

PEACEMAKER GUN V6.22
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice and if destroyed is placed on this card. Destroyed figures on this card cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph.

SirGalahad March 20th, 2021 10:30 PM

Agree on P-Gun wording.

Confred March 21st, 2021 09:49 AM

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...1_original.png

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of a figure they control who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice and if destroyed is placed on this card. Destroyed figures on this card cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph.

Confred March 21st, 2021 09:00 PM

I think Wynonna Earp is ready for final discussion.

Barring no final suggestions I give this my thumbs up vote. :up:

Two other thumbs passes the design into the Halls of Fiction

Next up order is:
@SirGalahad
@Tornado
@Sir Yeshua

Dysole March 22nd, 2021 01:20 AM

Thumb Thumbs

:up:

~Dysole, with a decent idea of what she'd do the next time it comes around to her but who knows