Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis October 14th, 2017 05:23 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

try this one

Confred October 14th, 2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2165175)

That one created more questions than it perhaps answered! Lol

JC McMinis October 14th, 2017 09:06 PM

Lol OK well perhaps the best thing would be to go to Wikipedia and read the plot section about the movie . It actually sums itbupmquite well. Elsa only truly learns to control her powers after she realizes that love is the best way to control them. This is why I had put caring as her personality. This is meant to be a post movie Elsa in full control of her powers who would use them in any way possible to protect her people. In this case now that she is in Valhalla, her allies.

Confred October 15th, 2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2165195)
Lol OK well perhaps the best thing would be to go to Wikipedia and read the plot section about the movie . It actually sums itbupmquite well. Elsa only truly learns to control her powers after she realizes that love is the best way to control them. This is why I had put caring as her personality. This is meant to be a post movie Elsa in full control of her powers who would use them in any way possible to protect her people. In this case now that she is in Valhalla, her allies.

:up::popcorn:

JC McMinis October 15th, 2017 10:43 PM

How about this, Elsa was able to create the ice shield almost instantaneously. Let's simplify the ice fortress power , treat it like a defense aura with greater range but only works in certain circumstances.

Ice Shields
Whenever Elsa or any friendly figure on a snow or ice space within 4 clear sight spaces rolls defense dice against a normal attack by a non adjacent figure, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Confred October 16th, 2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2165293)
How about this, Elsa was able to create the ice shield almost instantaneously. Let's simplify the ice fortress power , treat it like a defense aura with greater range but only works in certain circumstances.

Ice Shields
Whenever Elsa or any friendly figure on a snow or ice space within 4 clear sight spaces rolls defense dice against a normal attack by a non adjacent figure, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

I like this. Ice Fortress is still a good name though.
I like the range of effect greater than her own snow making, because it is subtle synergy with snowmen
Do you think clear sight is needed? Could save card space and brainpower

JC McMinis October 17th, 2017 05:57 PM

Ice Fortress
Whenever Elsa or any friendly figure on a snow or ice space within 6 spaces of Elsa rolls defense dice against a normal attack by a non adjacent figure, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Confred October 21st, 2017 11:47 AM

So here's what I have so farhttps://www.heroscapers.com/communit...9_original.jpg

SNOW QUEEN

All snow spaces within 2 spaces of Elsa are considered Heavy Snow and all land spaces within 2 spaces of Elsa that aren't lava are considered snow spaces. All water spaces within 2 spaces of Elsa are considered ice spaces. When moving, Elsa may count Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice as 1 space each. When attacking, if the defending figure is on snow or ice, Elsa may roll 1 additional attack die.

DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN 11
Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, remove all wound markers from the Army Card of any previously destroyed Snowman and place the Snowman figure on any empty space adjacent to Elsa. Elemental figures with the lce Cold special power count as Snowman figures.

ICE FORTRESS
When Elsa or any friendly figure on a snow or ice space within 6 spaces of Elsa rolls defense dice against a normal attack by a nonadjacent figure, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Zetsubo October 22nd, 2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2165890)
So here's what I have so farhttps://www.heroscapers.com/communit...9_original.jpg

SNOW QUEEN

All snow spaces within 2 spaces of Elsa are considered Heavy Snow and all land spaces within 2 spaces of Elsa that aren't lava are considered snow spaces. All water spaces within 2 spaces of Elsa are considered ice spaces. When moving, Elsa may count Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice as 1 space each. When attacking, if the defending figure is on snow or ice, Elsa may roll 1 additional attack die.

DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN 11
Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, remove all wound markers from the Army Card of any previously destroyed Snowman and place the Snowman figure on any empty space adjacent to Elsa. Elemental figures with the lce Cold special power count as Snowman figures.

ICE FORTRESS
When Elsa or any friendly figure on a snow or ice space within 6 spaces of Elsa rolls defense dice against a normal attack by a nonadjacent figure, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Not finding any problems with this version of Elsa. Couple questions to think about though. Are we still going to change her range and Ice Fortress range to 5 or leave them different? And if she gets 2 auto shields most of the time, do we want to lower her normal defense down to 5?

Confred October 22nd, 2017 04:21 PM

I welcome debate and observations about the range, but 2 + 4 = 6 is a cute number.

I'm also alright with her defense as low as 3. (Points will adjust, but that's ok)

JC McMinis October 22nd, 2017 06:01 PM

I like the idea of her range at 4 but ice fortress at 6. She only gets the longer range for defense. I think we could lower her defense as low as 4, I dont like the idea of lower than that personally.

Confred October 23rd, 2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2166034)
I like the idea of her range at 4 but ice fortress at 6. She only gets the longer range for defense. I think we could lower her defense as low as 4, I dont like the idea of lower than that personally.

I think we're looking at Life 4 Defense 3; or Life 3 Defense 4.