Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Porkins March 19th, 2015 03:39 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Not right now, I'll just continue spectating.

Porkins March 19th, 2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2010295)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2010283)
How about having the first shot with the reserved bullet be 6 dice and then go down to 3 dice after that for the SA? This allows him to still have a ranged attack.

That could work.

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6 or 3.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero and roll 6 attack dice. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed Jack Sparrow may use his reserved Bullet on any figure and roll 3 attack dice.

The wording is of course open to change.

What I meant was more like this:

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed (or becomes friendly??), subtract 3 from the attack value of this special attack.

EDIT: Upon re-reading it, the two are pretty much the same thing with different wording...

Taeblewalker March 19th, 2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2010303)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2010295)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2010283)
How about having the first shot with the reserved bullet be 6 dice and then go down to 3 dice after that for the SA? This allows him to still have a ranged attack.

That could work.

Range 5. Attack 6 or 3.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero and roll 6 attack dice. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed Jack Sparrow may use his reserved Bullet on any figure and roll 3 attack dice.

The wording is of course open to change.

What I meant was more like this:

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed (or becomes friendly??), subtract 3 from the attack value of this special attack.

EDIT: Upon re-reading it, the two are pretty much the same thing with different wording...

The way you've worded it the power still only works on the chosen hero even after the first shot. You would need to add that it can be used on any figure after the first shot is fired. McHotcakes' wording takes care of that.

mac122 March 19th, 2015 04:08 PM

I still think we're missing the boat (pirate ship) on theme giving Jack a ranged special he can use on any turn. I'd much rather see a powerful Reserved Shot SA or special power and give Jack good melee attack stats with a Parley power that gets him out of trouble.

Shiftrex March 19th, 2015 04:12 PM

I'd vote for the powerful Reserved Shot too.

While the latest version is more useful it seems to fit his theme less and I thought with someone like Jack we'd focus on theme as the driving point. We go the entire first movie just waiting to see him use that shot and it winds up killing Barbosa. I honestly don't think he needs a ranged attack other than a one time use.

McHotcakes March 19th, 2015 06:15 PM

Ok, for the sake of theme, and simplicity, let's just make the SA a one and done power

Reserved Bullet(or Shot)
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack must target the chosen hero when using Reserved Bullet Special Attack. Jack can only use Reserved Bullet Special attack once per game.

How's that sound?

Shiftrex March 19th, 2015 07:15 PM

I think that's very fitting and I like it.

mac122 March 19th, 2015 07:53 PM

So, is this about where we are with Jack...er Captain Jack Sparrow?
Quote:

Captain Jack Sparrow
General?

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

RESERVED SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose an opponent's Unique Hero. Captain Jack Sparrow may only use this attack against the chosen hero and may only use this attack once per game.

PARLEY
Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker for a figure within X clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13-19, that figure's turn immediately ends. If you roll a 20, you may take temporary control of that figure's Army Card and all figures on it. Immediately take a turn with that figure's Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of that figure's Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before Parley. All Order Markers that were on that figure's card will stay on the card.

McHotcakes March 19th, 2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2010343)
General?

I believe we settled on Aquilla.

Quote:

Move 6
I would say 5. 6, to me, suggest someone abnormally fast. Jack is just a normal guy.

Quote:

Defense 4
I know Confred suggested 5 to make up for his lack of a defensive ability, I'd be fine with 4 but I think we should leave it open for discussion.

Quote:

PARLEY
Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker for a figure within 5? clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1315-19, that figure's turn immediately ends. If you roll a 20, you may take temporary control of that figure's Army Card and all figures on it. Immediately take a turn with that figure's Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of that figure's Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before Parley. All Order Markers that were on that figure's card will stay on the card.
I bumped up the roll to 15, due to concerns that 13 might be too easy to roll.

The only other thing I think we need to tackle is whether or not Jack's treasure compass should be an ability or its own treasure glyph.

mac122 March 19th, 2015 11:20 PM

I was thinking Aquilla, but I wasn't sure. I'm fine with the adjustment to move and the change in Parley. However, with the change in the roll for Parley, 4 defense may not be enough to keep him around. 5 might be better.

IMO, the compass would work best as a glyph. It will keep Jack's card simpler. I'd like to see a Glyph of Aztec Gold, too. I could see it giving the the holder a Rejected by Death style power.

William099 March 20th, 2015 01:23 AM

What about Undead Resilience rather than Rejected by Death? The pirate's from the movie didn't die and come back, so much as just shrugged off damage that would otherwise have killed them.

JC McMinis March 20th, 2015 06:32 AM

Here is a pirate custom I did I was thinking what I used for treasure map may work for the compass?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps3ti9m0bg.jpg