Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai February 27th, 2013 08:34 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I sorta see what you're trying to do. How about:

Hunter's Precision Special Attack
Range 5 + Special. Attack 1 + Special.
Katniss may only use her Hunter's Precision Special Attack if she is unengaged. All skulls rolled count as 1 additional hit. If Katniss did not move this turn, you may add 3 to the range or 2 to the attack of Hunter's Precision Special Attack.

I'm not sure this is necessary, though.

JC McMinis February 27th, 2013 08:49 PM

If we do what balantai posted above it doesnt change what is already in the last draft. Range of skulls is still 2-6 but now its all in a special attack. like balantai said not really necessary.

Confred February 27th, 2013 08:53 PM

Edit1: nm
LEGACY TEXT
Spoiler Alert!

Edit2:
RANGE 8
ATTACK 2
AIMED DEADLY SHOT
If Katniss didn't move before attacking, count all skulls rolled against nonadjacent figures twice.

>Let us movie watchers remember her hitting that apple across the room before the games began

Edit3: Hide musings
What is the cost of searching for one that hides well?
Should the search expend the attack? Should one be able to run to a bush, look at it, see that she's not there, and still have time to change to a different target in attack? Or should searching expend an attack: Translated to power triggering on attack, not on move: ?

Is there a streamlined variant to play with?:
ADVANCED EXAMPLE HIDE
If a figure moves this turn, it cannot attack Katniss.
:This gives advantage to ranged figures :Not if she is using Forest Cover
Verdict: Too passive. The previous 20-sided variants create tension because neither player knows if Katniss has been 'found' until the die stops moving.

mac122 February 27th, 2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772319)
Current: Cost?

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Range 5. Attack 3.
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a non-adjacent figure, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Katniss Everdeen may only use her Hunter's Precision Special Attack if she did not move this turn.

Forest Cover
If Katniss is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, she has no visible hit zones.

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the opponent's figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn and you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. For the remainder of the turn, Katniss Everdeen does not have any visible hit zones. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

I like this version. Some of Confred's ideas are interesting, but I think they add complexity without a similar amount of benefit.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1772537)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772319)
Current: Cost?

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Range 5. Attack 3.
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a non-adjacent figure, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Katniss Everdeen may only use her Hunter's Precision Special Attack if she did not move this turn.

Forest Cover
If Katniss is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, she has no visible hit zones.

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the opponent's figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn and you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. For the remainder of the turn, Katniss Everdeen does not have any visible hit zones. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

I like this version. Some of Confred's ideas are interesting, but I think they add complexity without a similar amount of benefit.

Is the bolded part you added necessary, Mac? It already states that she no longer has any visible hit zones.

Also, how would this work with squads? Would she move after each squad became adjacent, or after all of them moved? Would she roll 3 times if 3 squad members moved adjacent to her?

mac122 February 28th, 2013 01:51 AM

Powers usually spell everything out. It felt like something was missing to not say what happens with the attack.

I don't think "No visible hit zones" prevents an adjacent attack. Would it be better to say that Katniss cannot be attacked for the remainder of the turn?

The way the power is written, you would roll for Hide each time an opponent's figure move into adjacency, which I'm OK with.

JC McMinis February 28th, 2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1772659)
The way the power is written, you would roll for Hide each time an opponent's figure move into adjacency, which I'm OK with.

I'm ok with this as well.

Balantai February 28th, 2013 02:47 PM

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Range 5. Attack 3.

Forest Cover

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged and that figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.
-------------------------------------------------
Updated the wording on Hide 11 based on comments.

Cost?

mac122 February 28th, 2013 03:01 PM

Like the adjustment. :up:
For cost, I still think she's in the 100-120 point range. Besides Syvarris, another natural comparison would be to Kaemon Awa. For his 120 points you get 1 less Life, move and range but gain attack and defense. Katniss' special is a super strong single attack while KA gives you a slightly closer range double attack. Katniss runs and hides while KA strikes back. Katniss is very strong against another hero while KA is still pretty strong against heroes and can hit squads better.

I think still in the 100 to 120 range, but now closer to 100.

Balantai February 28th, 2013 03:04 PM

I'm okay with 100 or 110 points.

JC McMinis February 28th, 2013 03:24 PM

I'm thinking 110 is about right.

Balantai February 28th, 2013 04:38 PM

It sounds like JC is on board with this version at 110 points. Any further objections?