Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ant-Man (Hank Pym) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34902)

Griffin February 24th, 2011 01:48 PM

The Book of Ant-Man (Hank Pym)

The Book of Ant-Man (Hank Pym)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 6
AVENGERS ARRIVE

http://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/relea...Hank_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/relea...-Hank_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Supernova set.
Its model numbers and name are #049-051 / Ant-Man.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Supernova set.
Its model number and name are #205 / Dr. Hank Pym.
Character Bio - After discovering a size-altering chemical substance, biophysicist and nanotechnology expert Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym decided to become a superhero. Armed with a helmet that could control ants, Pym would shrink down to the size of an insect to become the mystery-solving Ant-Man. He soon shared his discovery with his girlfriend, Janet Van Dyne, who became his crime-fighting partner as the Wasp. The duo found recurring enemies in the mad scientist Egghead, the mutant Whirlwind and Pym's own robotic creation, Ultron and would become founding members of the Avengers along with the Incredible Hulk, Thor and Iron Man.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Ant-Man may activate up to two Insect Heroes with his Radio Insect Control special power. Current Insects.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Tiny figures are particularly hard to squash; not only are they powerful defensively, but they are immune to most powers that specify size. Be sure to check what figures a special power effects.
  • Tiny Stealth allows Ant-Man to avoid engagements with most figures, but he is vulnerable to - and can counter - other Tiny figures. Current Tiny figures include: Ant-Man, Atom, Fire Ant Swarm, Killer Bee, and Wasp.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest: Griffin
  • Second Playtest: Hidicul
  • Third Playtest: marv_art
  • Art by Good Pig. Updated by tcglkn

Card Updates:
11 June 2020 - Restricted Radio Insect Control to Common Insect Heroes
17 June 2020 - Removed Order Marker restriction from Radio Insect Control
3 January 2021 - Mighty Leap wording update

Griffin February 24th, 2011 02:46 PM

Re: The Book of Ant-Man - Designing

NAME = ANT-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HANK PYM

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = INNOVATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 2

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 30

INSECT CONTROL 2
Before taking a turn with Ant-Man, you may first take a turn with up to two different Common Insect Heroes you control.

TINY STEALTH
Ant-Man is never in clear sight of non-adjacent enemy figures and he only takes leaving engagement attacks from tiny figures.

MIGHTY LEAP 5
Instead of his normal move, Ant-Man may move up to 5 spaces with Mighty Leap. When moving with Mighty Leap, Ant-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 5 levels in a single leap. Ant-Man cannot attack on any turn he chooses to Mighty Leap.

Spidey'tilIDie February 24th, 2011 03:40 PM

I am really liking this write-up, Griff! I only wonder if since he can only be attacked when adjacent, if 6 Defense is a little high. However, I am sure playtesting will bear this out.

IAmBatman February 24th, 2011 04:30 PM

He can also only attack when he's adjacent and he's pretty slow unless he's leaping and subtracting dice. But, yeah, we'll see ...

Spidey'tilIDie February 24th, 2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1349504)
He can also only attack when he's adjacent and he's pretty slow unless he's leaping and subtracting dice. But, yeah, we'll see ...

Yeah, not looking for a change. Just suggesting an area to keep an eye on when the IP is done.

IAmBatman February 24th, 2011 04:41 PM

*cough*finishtestingJewel*cough* :-D

Hahma February 24th, 2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = INNOVATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 60

RADIO INSECT CONTROL
After revealing an order marker on this card and before taking a turn with Ant-Man, you may first take a turn with one Insect Hero you control.

MIGHTY LEAP 6
Instead of his normal move, Ant-Man may Mighty Leap. Mighty Leap has a move of 6. When counting spaces for Ant-Man's Mighty Leap movement, ignore elevations. Ant-Man may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Ant-Man may not leap more than 50 levels up or down in a single leap. Ant-Man cannot attack on any turn that he chooses to Mighty Leap.

MICROSCOPIC STEALTH
Ant-Man cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figure and does not take any leaving engagement attacks from any figure that is not Tiny.
First off, nice design Griff :thumbsup:

I found this on Marvel Comic Database, so I'm guessing that could make him a Mutate.

Quote:

-Continuous exposure to Pym Particles over an extended period of time enabled Pym to generate his reducing and expanding fields spontaneously, without exposure to a new quantity of Pym Particles. Hence, Pym could increase or decrease his size simply by will power. -
I like the Scientist and Innovative.

Life of 3 and Defense 6 are good

Tiny 2 is good so he can walk up a level and attack and defend vs. 1 level higher.

Really like Radio Insect Control

Really like Microscopic Stealth

I'm trying to figure out the Mighty Leap 6 though. That doesn't really jive with me. I mean for one thing, that is farther of a leap than any Swingline or other Leap (aside from Hulk, Abomination, Doomsday and She-Hulk I believe) and not only that, but 50 levels high is as high as Hulk leaps but higher than She-Hulk, Toad, Beast etc, can leap higher than Spidey, Venom, Batman etc. can Swing.

There's just no way that he should have a Leap power like that IMO as I've never seen anywhere near that. I've seen him leap from ground level to give a double fisted punch underneath someone's chin and knock them for a loop, but not like Adam Ant and leap over buildings. :D

The only thing I can see is that this is a means of representing him flying on an insect, because a move of 6 and up to 50 levels up might as well be flying. So I can almost see him have a flying power on his card and be representing him flying on a winged insect, since this version is basically him bonding with insects anyway.

To replace the Mighty Leap 6, I can see some kind of power where if he begins his turn not adjacent to an opponent's figure, he may add 1 to his attack. This would kind of represent him getting the element of surprise that I've seen him use.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just trying to add my perspective from what I've seen of Ant-Man, but that doesn't mean other perspectives aren't right either, though I really don't see him Leaping 6 spaces and 50 levels high. :)

Griffin February 24th, 2011 08:22 PM

Thanks Hahma.
  1. Ant-Man leaps, and he did it often enough where it is even represented on the figure.
  2. I lost my file this morning, so I had to rewrite a lot of this stuff. And in that rewrite, I forgot to lose the level 50 aspect. It was meant to be 12. So distance of 6 and height of 12. Is that better, or should we tweak that even more?

IAmBatman February 24th, 2011 10:45 PM

I think distance of 2 or 3 might work better from what Hahma's saying. Distance of 6 is really significant in this game.

Hahma February 25th, 2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1349855)
Thanks Hahma.
  1. Ant-Man leaps, and he did it often enough where it is even represented on the figure.
  2. I lost my file this morning, so I had to rewrite a lot of this stuff. And in that rewrite, I forgot to lose the level 50 aspect. It was meant to be 12. So distance of 6 and height of 12. Is that better, or should we tweak that even more?

Yes he leaps, but the most that I have ever seen him leap vertically is high enough to punch a man under the chin and horizontally only a few feet. I haven't seen anything in Wiki or Marvel Comic Database or The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe that would suggest that he has any kind of leaping power/ability. They consistently say that he retains his "normal-sized" strength when he is in shrunken state, thus being able to leap to punch a man in the chin or slightly higher or leap a few feet as he would in full size form, just like anyone of us might.

That's as much as I'm going to say about it, as I don't want to argue about it. It's just my opinion for what it's worth and I will support whatever direction the group wants to go. :D

IAmBatman February 25th, 2011 10:04 AM

I had those same initial reservations when I first saw this one, Hahma, so I'm on board with you here.

Griffin February 25th, 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1350423)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1349855)
Thanks Hahma.

Yes he leaps, but the most that I have ever seen him leap vertically is high enough to punch a man under the chin and horizontally only a few feet. I haven't seen anything in Wiki or Marvel Comic Database or The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe that would suggest that he has any kind of leaping power/ability. They consistently say that he retains his "normal-sized" strength when he is in shrunken state, thus being able to leap to punch a man in the chin or slightly higher or leap a few feet as he would in full size form, just like anyone of us might.

That's as much as I'm going to say about it, as I don't want to argue about it. It's just my opinion for what it's worth and I will support whatever direction the group wants to go. :D

I was strongly under the impression that the guy could leap... I will research it more and ask Spidey as well.

Your last comment is confusing and alarming to me. I never thought for a second that we were "arguing" or heading that way. Have I given that impression? I will support the group as well, as I always have, but I don't want you to shut down either. Right now, your the only guy talking to me about the design. You care about the character and I think that is important. Don't be so sensitive dude, because I want to keep this dialog going.