Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G2.0 Dossier Database (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   King Kong (Event Hero) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=62069)

Arkham March 3rd, 2023 08:27 PM

King Kong (Event Hero)

Quote:

NAME = KING KONG

UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
SPECIES = PRIMATE
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = FIERCE

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 18

LIFE = 14
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 1000

JUGGERNAUT OF THE JUNGLE
Before King Kong's move phase, you may choose him or an adjacent figure. Place the chosen figure on any empty spaces between 4-8 spaces of its current placement, or instead 2-4 spaces if it is Huge. After placing the chosen figure, you may roll a damage die against it and you may roll a damage die against up to 1 figure adjacent to it.

THE MIGHTY KONG
Kong has +1 Attack for each revealed Order Marker on this card. After an activation with Kong, if he has 7+ wounds, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card to activate Kong a second time.

FEROCIOUS STRIKE
When Kong attacks normally, if he has:
• 2+ skulls, the defender has -2 Defense;
• 4+ skulls, the defender takes 1 wound; and
• 6+ skulls, inflicted wounds cannot be ignored.

FACTION =
PUBLISHER = BOOM! STUDIOS
KEYWORDS = Animal
SYMBOLS = SUPER STRENGTH

REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE: The mighty and ferocious, juggernaut of the jungle, KING Kong.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Playmates Toys figure: Kong: Skull Island Kong 6.5"
  • King Kong is a double-spaced figure.
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Arkham
  • Card art: Arkham
  • Creators: Edgar Wallace and Merian C. Cooper
Updates
  • 2024-04-24 Updated Species to Primate

Arkham March 3rd, 2023 08:27 PM

Re: King Kong (Event Hero)

Straight conversion. Not changing anything.

MrNobody March 3rd, 2023 09:02 PM

I guess we could decide here if we want to do some sort of animal tag? But I’d also be happy to not worry about that on big bad Event Kong.

japes March 3rd, 2023 09:36 PM

Yes!...I wanted him in the starter but I was outvoted.

IAmBatman March 3rd, 2023 09:37 PM

I might do it like so for Mighty Kong:

THE MIGHTY KONG
Kong has +1 Attack for each revealed Order Marker on this card. After an activation with Kong, if he has 7+ wounds, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to heal 2 wounds and take 1 additional activation.

Wording looks good to me otherwise. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2562114)
I guess we could decide here if we want to do some sort of animal tag? But I’d also be happy to not worry about that on big bad Event Kong.

I'm fine either way on that for Event Heroes. Something I hope to see for Uniques and Uncommons at least, though.

japes March 3rd, 2023 09:38 PM

I know soundwarp had an interesting take on a Beast Boy drafting animals so you can have generic animals for other uses so for sure wouldn't want him to change into King Kong. But that can also be limited to common/uncommon animals so not an issue either way.

Arch-vile March 3rd, 2023 10:05 PM

Looks solid. This is the one tweak I'd make.

Quote:

• 2+ skulls, the defender gets -2 Defense;

IAmBatman March 3rd, 2023 10:15 PM

I'd go with "has" over "gets" but agree otherwise. :up:

Tornado March 4th, 2023 02:53 PM

Would be curious to see how he fairs against the Trinity.

Karat March 5th, 2023 02:05 PM

Some Edits.
Quote:

JUGGERNAUT OF THE JUNGLE
Before King Kong's move phase, you may choose him or an adjacent figure. Place the chosen figure on any empty spaces between 4-8 spaces of its current placement, or instead 2-4 spaces if it is Huge. After placing the chosen figure, you may roll a damage die against either/or both it and 1 figure adjacent to it.

THE MIGHTY KONG
Add +1 to Kong's Attack for each revealed Order Marker on this card. After an activation with Kong, if he has 7+ wounds, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to heal 2 wounds and tmake one additional activation.
For pasteability:
Quote:

JUGGERNAUT OF THE JUNGLE
Before King Kong's move phase, you may choose him or an adjacent figure. Place the chosen figure on any empty spaces between 4-8 spaces of its current placement, or instead 2-4 spaces if it is Huge. After placing the chosen figure, you may roll a damage die against both it and 1 figure adjacent to it.

THE MIGHTY KONG
Add +1 to Kong's Attack for each revealed Order Marker on this card. After an activation with Kong, if he has 7+ wounds, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to heal 2 wounds and make one additional activation.

Arkham March 5th, 2023 02:47 PM

Does getting rid of either/or make it so you have to choose between rolling a damage die for both or for none?

IAmBatman March 5th, 2023 02:55 PM

What if we did:

you may roll a damage die against it and up to 1 adjacent figure.