Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Huntress (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29860)

Hahma April 9th, 2010 11:18 PM

The Book of Huntress

The Book of Huntress

C3G DC WAVE 2
BRAVE AND THE BOLD

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ress_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...tress_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model numbers and name are #025-027 / Huntress.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set.
Its model numbers and name are #011 / Huntress.

Character Bio - Helena Rosa Bertinelli, who was born into one of Gotham City's most prominent Mafia families, is a withdrawn girl. At the age of six, she was kidnapped and raped by an agent of another Gotham crime family. Her parents, Guido and Carmela, send her to a boarding school and assign a bodyguard for her protection. After she witnesses the mob-ordered murder of her entire family at the age of 19, she crusades to put an end to the Mafia. She travels, accompanied and trained by her bodyguard Sal, before returning to Gotham to make her debut as the Huntress. (Wikipedia 2010)

As a result of witnessing the murder of her family, Huntress has an anger and ruthlessness about her that often leads to her recklessness in exacting revenge on the Mafia or dealing with any villain. (Hahma)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
BenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
26 October 2012 - Updated Crossbow SA and Ruthless Counter Strike wording (non-functional)

quozl April 9th, 2010 11:29 PM

Re: Huntress - Design Phase

NAME = HUNTRESS
SECRET IDENTITY = HELENA BERTINELLI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack 3 + Special.
When Huntress attacks a figure that is exactly 2 spaces away with this special attack, roll 2 additional attack dice. After attacking with this special attack, Huntress may attack with this special attack one additional time.

RECKLESS ENGAGEMENT
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 die from her defense.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Huntress is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Spoiler Alert!

Griffin April 9th, 2010 11:42 PM

First off, great job on this Hahma. I know you spent a lot of time really trying to nail this character. :lol:

Quote:

RECKLESSNESS
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and she is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her defense.
Just a tweak. :)

Quote:

RUTHLESS COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Huntress is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
I love this power! Excellent theme there fo sho. :D

Hahma April 9th, 2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1059709)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1059699)
RUTHLESS COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Huntress is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Interesting. Why restrict it to when she's not destroyed? I'd like to see her take out someone as she dies.

I had thought about that at first, but then I didn't really know if it was right for her to put 3,4 or 5 automatic wounds (depending on her defense at the time) on Superman or other Heavy Hitters like him while being destroyed. She'd might be used like a time bomb of sort going after big opponents and trying to get them to attack her to see if she "explodes" so to speak and put a bunch of wounds on an opponent.

Edit: However, if Supes or Doomsday or whoever whiff or roll crappy attacks, she can still put a hurting on her. It's really supposed to help her against common melee units, or even mid-level opponents that would have to resort to perhaps a lower attack Special Attack against her while adjacent to bypass the chance of getting unblockable hits on them.

Another consideration, is that an opponent like Hawkgirl that can Swoop to put either attack with 8 once or with 6 two times might have to think twice about using the double attack because if she rolled crappy with her first attack, then she stands a chance of getting wounds if Huntress lives. So this might force Hawkgirl (an others that might get this choice) to go for the one big attack of 8 to have a better chance of killing Huntress with one attack and not taking wounds back.

The idea of Ruthless Counterstrike is to add her sometimes not so "Heroic" ruthlessness and violent nature to the card. She would be more likely to go for a killing blow than Batman would or others that may have some higher moral standards (regarding violence/killing) than Huntress.

Griffin April 9th, 2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

RUTHLESS COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Huntress is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
I thought this one needed a bit of a Deadly Strike/Shields of Valor touch for maximum clarity. :up:

Hahma April 10th, 2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1059719)
First off, great job on this Hahma. I know you spent a lot of time really trying to nail this character. :lol:

Quote:

RECKLESSNESS
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and she is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her defense.
Just a tweak. :)

Quote:

RUTHLESS COUNTERSTRIKE
I love this power! Excellent theme there fo sho. :D

Yeah, she's one I worked pretty hard on nailing for a while. Hey, someone's gotta do it. :D

I made the change to add "normal" on Recklessness. Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1059728)
Quote:

RUTHLESS COUNTERSTRIKE
I thought this one needed a bit of a Deadly Strike/Shields of Valor touch for maximum clarity. :up:

Thanks again Griff for the clarity help. I knew something was needed for that line, but hadn't thought of it yet. I will make the change immediately. You da man. 8)

Edit: You had helped give me the idea for skulls before, I had to just fine tune it and try to get it to work without being too powerful. Bats helped fine tune my vision for Recklessness as I had the idea, but he figured it out so I didn't have to use markers or anything like that.

Griffin April 10th, 2010 12:08 AM

Hahma... you cheeky monkey. When are you going to post a link of this thread in the Life Of C3G?
Spoiler Alert!

Hahma April 10th, 2010 12:13 AM

You going Matt Helm there Griff? :p

Yeah, I forgot about that. But, on a brighter note, I did a pretty good job on my first post presentation if I do say so myself :D

Spoiler Alert!

A3n April 10th, 2010 01:09 AM

Great looking custom Hahma. I got nothing else she looks great & vicious, & now I am not sure whether my next custom will be good enough.

Cheers

IAmBatman April 10th, 2010 01:25 AM

IIIIIII'll never teeeeeellll.

Hey - love everywhere you've gone with this. Literally my only complaint is I think the wording of the special attack is a little clunky right now. It's something I'll have to look at more closely to try to help clean up, though.
Love the mechanics and theme of everything. :thumbsup:

wulfhunter667 April 10th, 2010 01:32 AM

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
When Huntress attacks a non-adjacent figure with Crossbow Special Attack, she may attack one additional time. If Huntress targets an opponent's figure that is less than 2 spaces away, she may attack one time with 5 attack dice.

How's that?

IAmBatman April 10th, 2010 01:58 AM

I think the problem we're running into with Huntress' special attack is there's just a little too much going on there mechanically.
What if we trimmed it down just a bit and went with something like:

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+
When Huntress attacks a figure that is two spaces away, add 2 attack dice to her Crossbow Special Attack. After attacking with Crossbow Special Attack, Huntress may attack with her Crossbow Special Attack one additional time.

Griffin April 10th, 2010 02:08 AM

That works perfectly for me Bats.

Confred April 10th, 2010 02:18 AM

I very much like this custom. I hissed at yet another figure with three abilities, so hard not to do :wink:. But when I read the abilities, I smiled and agreed wholeheartedly.

At the first pass I agree with 140~ points.

Wulf, your change as is functionally changes the Crossbow. Yours attacks adjacent figure. Not being able to do this is part of what I like about the Special Attack. It is neat that once she is engaged she has to normal attack.

Bats, yours also changes the function. While smoother, it adds one additional attack. Originally, she snaps off two quick bursts of 3dice each or when they are close, since she doesn't have 'time' enough to shoot twice, she shoots once at 5.
Range 1: Normal Attack 4+1; Range 2: Special Attack 5; Range 3-5: Special Attack 3x2
A part of me wants her to be able to either snap or aim, but the other half reminds me of other games and their dealings with Crossbows. To differ them from Bows, they deal more damage at closer range and have an overall lesser max range. In those games, the X-bows are also slower and never double attack - but Huntress Does, so it's ok.

I like picture B, but A is growing on me - especially since it is closer to the mini.

IAmBatman April 10th, 2010 03:00 AM

I know my suggestion changes the function - as I suggested in my post, I think the mechanics might need to be changed to streamline them a bit. I get the theme behind the current mechanics, but I think a little bit too much is going on right now, honestly.

Hahma April 10th, 2010 07:01 AM

Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special
When Huntress attacks with Crossbow special attack, she may choose to do one of the following:
  • Attack 2 times with 3 attack dice.
  • Attack 1 time with 5 attack dice if she targets an opponent's figure that is 2 spaces away.

Scapemage April 10th, 2010 07:25 AM

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Huntress attacks an non-adjacent figure with Crossbow Special Attack, she may attack 1 additional time. If Huntress attacks a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Huntress, she may roll 2 additional attack dice.

How's this?

RECKLESSNESS
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her normal defense.

Fixed wording a bit.

I like her concept. Really strikes me. I vote comic art B, but I think we neeed a better figure picture.

Griffin April 10th, 2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1059859)
Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special
When Huntress attacks with Crossbow special attack, she may choose to do one of the following:
  • Attack 1 time with 5 attack dice if she targets an opponent's figure that is 2 spaces away.

Which do you like better?
Quote:

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+

When Huntress attacks a figure that is two spaces away, add 2 attack dice to her Crossbow Special Attack. After attacking with Crossbow Special Attack, Huntress may attack with her Crossbow Special Attack one additional time.

Hahma April 10th, 2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1059866)
CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Huntress attacks an non-adjacent figure with Crossbow Special Attack, she may attack 1 additional time. If Huntress attacks a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Huntress, she may roll 2 additional attack dice.

How's this?

RECKLESSNESS
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her normal defense.

Fixed wording a bit.

I like her concept. Really strikes me. I vote comic art B, but I think we neeed a better figure picture.

For her Crossbow attack, I don't want it to be within 2 spaces, I want it to be exactly 2 spaces. Otherwise it would kind of mess up the point of her Reckless power of sacrifice 1 def for 1 better attack. It also should help display her potential for recklessness if she chooses to get 2 spaces away from an opponent to attack instead of perhaps being in a safer position 5 spaces away. It would also allow for the player controlling her to decide to take a leaving engagement attack to disengage an opponent with Counterstrike, in order to A) bypass Counterstrike with a Special Attack and B) perhaps get her adjacent to a friendly figure so that she'll have better defense if opponent chooses to move to engage and attack her the following turn.

Also, regarding Reckless. I put "normal" attack because she has a special attack and there needed to be that distinction. I don't believe that "normal" would be necessary for defense since she only has a normal defense.

I agree that I kind of like comic art B as well. We will get a better figure picture for sure, but when initially starting a design thread, the clix picture is fine. The figure picture for the card will be taken later and will definitely be better. :D

Thanks for the comments. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1059869)
Quote:

Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special

Quote:

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+

I like Bat's version better, but I was kind of confused by his last comment about whether he thought there was too much going on. I didn't know if he meant with his fix or with the original. So that's why I offered the different version.

I don't mind the change mechanically and actually prefer her getting 2 attacks of 5 at the 2 space distance. I would have done that originally, but I was worried that others might question whether it was too much. I really like it though as I think that for one thing, it will help get her cost up to where I think it should be and also because there will also be a greater reward for her risk of getting up close and personal with the Crossbow. :D

Scapemage April 10th, 2010 09:50 AM

Special attacksaren't affected by Recklessness though.

Hahma April 10th, 2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1059945)
Special attacksaren't affected by Recklessness though.

I know :D . I didn't mean that she would get a +1 to her Crossbow Special Attack if she were engaged. She'd still only get the 5 attack but her def would still go down to 3 while engaged. Aside from the fact that it would be a special attack that would bypass Counterstrike and other special defenses, it would still be an attack of 5.

My intention was to make the 5 attack with the Crossbow something that wouldn't always be easy and force the controlling player to make decisions as to how much risk they want to take. Also, she's a badass fighter and it would lose something to me themewise if she would use her Crossbow while adjacent all the time, where the only reason to use her normal attack would be if she had height advantage.

whitestuff April 10th, 2010 10:50 AM

Some other art suggestions...

A
B
C
D :shock: Might need a little editing...

Hahma April 10th, 2010 11:04 AM

Thanks Whitestuff.

I don't see anything that needs editing with option D. :D

IAmBatman April 10th, 2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1059869)
Quote:

Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special

Quote:

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+

I agree these are definitely the best two options. Like Hahma, I lean a bit towards the second as well, because I don't mind her getting off two attacks of 5 if she can only do it against a target exactly two spaces away. She has no disengage power, so her ability to consistently get off those attacks is going to be limited (which is good).
In the second version, she'd be able to use two special attacks of 3 when adjacent, but I think it will be a good tactical decision between that and her normal attack - especially if her normal attack is being buffed by her Recklessness.
Hmm ... what do you think about the name "Reckless Engagement" for her power, Hahma? Or do you prefer just straight up Recklessness (just brainstorming here, feel free not to take me too seriously if you aren't feeling it).

Master Tang April 10th, 2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1059992)
Thanks Whitestuff.

I don't see anything that needs editing with option D. :D

I vote for that Whitestuff's Option D. I can have it along with my Mystique card.

mrcrimson April 10th, 2010 05:57 PM

I've got an extra huntress figure, so if I can get some free time tonight I'm going to try to repaint her and mod her mask with clay to have the whitestuff D costume. (Really don't care for the costume they made her in)

Griffin April 10th, 2010 06:20 PM

I am really digging how everything on this card is encouraging Huntress to get closer to engagement. :up:

IAmBatman April 10th, 2010 08:07 PM

I like that too. I think once the special attack is straightened out in the first post, she'll be ready for playtesting.
But, that's just my opinion. :-D

Hahma April 10th, 2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1060057)
I agree these are definitely the best two options. Like Hahma, I lean a bit towards the second as well, because I don't mind her getting off two attacks of 5 if she can only do it against a target exactly two spaces away. She has no disengage power, so her ability to consistently get off those attacks is going to be limited (which is good).
In the second version, she'd be able to use two special attacks of 3 when adjacent, but I think it will be a good tactical decision between that and her normal attack - especially if her normal attack is being buffed by her Recklessness.
Hmm ... what do you think about the name "Reckless Engagement" for her power, Hahma? Or do you prefer just straight up Recklessness (just brainstorming here, feel free not to take me too seriously if you aren't feeling it).

Sounds good. I'll update first post. :thumbsup:

Griffin April 11th, 2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

RECKLESS ENGAGEMENT

RUTHLESS COUNTERSTRIKE

I think that I would like for her Defense to go up to 5. That way, when she is engaged and alone, and her defense goes down by 1 due to Reckless Engagement, she will have a defense of 4. I think that a defense of 3 would not be enough to really let her Ruthless Counterstrike shine. I mean she is likely to roll 2 or 3 skulls sure, but she would also be likely to be destroyed. I think I want my Ruthless Vigilantes to have a bit more staying power and oomph, that is all. Defense of 5 please. :D

Hahma April 11th, 2010 06:58 AM

Done. And I also bumped her points to 150.

I had considered that originally, but then thought that she wouldn't be as Reckless with only going down to 4. However, I think if it gives her some more staying power and helps make her a little more scary, then I'm happy to bump her to 5. I guess the Recklessness down to 4 would still help her seem reckless against Heavy Hitters. Whereas Batman isn't as reckless against HH because he'll still have 5 def and ES vs. all attacks.

Griffin April 11th, 2010 07:12 AM

Looking good.

Good Morning. :D

Hahma April 11th, 2010 07:21 AM

Good morning. :D

I ran second squad test for Thor and now have Army tests to do. I was too tired last night to stay up. So hopefully I'll get them done this morning.

I propose Huntress moves on to playtesting phase.

IAmBatman April 11th, 2010 08:26 AM

Heck yea. :-)

A3n April 11th, 2010 08:31 AM

Definitely YEA.

Griffin April 11th, 2010 01:53 PM

Yea.

IAmBatman April 11th, 2010 03:25 PM

That's four! :-) I'm playtesting her soon.

Master Tang April 11th, 2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1060832)
That's four! :-) I'm playtesting her soon.

Here is a card to do it with:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...s/HUNTRESS.jpg

IAmBatman April 11th, 2010 10:27 PM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Huntress
(please only use red print for all of your responses)

C3G CHECK LIST FEEDBACK FORM
For this section, no play testing is required, only comment below if necessary. This is a guideline for things that you should be looking for as you play-test.
- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them. PASS
- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game. PASS
- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding. PASS
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak. PASS
- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any. PASS

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM
(Be sure to list what units you used and what BoV map you used per section below.)
All tests done on Invasion
- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass?
List your Heavy Hitter Test observations.
Huntress vs. Kaemon Awa
Huntress used her Crossbow Special Attack at a distance of two spaces to win this one with one wound on her card.
So far Huntress is feeling like every bit of that 150 points.

Huntress vs. Catwoman
Huntress lost this one after putting 6 wounds on Catwoman. Catwoman was rolling decently for Stray and Huntress' desire to stay 2 spaces away from Catwoman played a bit into Catwoman's hands (it was all whips and crossbows for a while). Huntress tried one reckless engagement at the end, but Catwoman strayed away and whipped Huntress for the final wounds.
It was close - like even footing close - I felt it could have gone either way. However, Catwoman has the slight edge (I do think she's the better figure against other heroes, so that plays into it).
I could see Huntress going down after this test, but not significantly, and if other tests play out, I think she could still be fine at 150.

Huntress vs. Venom
After Venom gets a flawless victory against her (thanks in part to great Spider-Sense rolls) I think Huntress isn't stacking up against other 150 pointers. I'm preferring her at 140 right now.

Huntress vs. Green Arrow
Huntress finally got some Reckless Engagement and Ruthless Counter Strike action here. No more did I stay unegaged to let Green Arrow fire at me with skill shot (OK, he got off one but only did one wound). I engaged Huntress on Green Arrow from height disadvantage, put one wound on him with a normal attack, put one wound on him with Ruthless Counter Strike, put two wounds on him with a normal attack, and then Green Arrow rolled 2 skulls with his normal attack and Huntress rolled 4 skulls. Huntress took both wounds ... but Green Arrow took four wounds (he only had one life left) and died.
Ouch. Huntress wins dramatically with 3 wounds on her card. OK, maybe when she's got some normal attackers around, Huntress feels more like that 150. I'm wavering in the 140-150 zone right now.

Huntress vs. Batman
Flawless victory for Batman here, thanks to 3 Evasive Strikes helping him avoid her Crossbow and fists and his Batarangs finishing her in a way she couldn't Counter Strike.
I just wanted to see this thematic match up and it went how I expected it to. Huntress got owned. I'm still in the 140-150 range, maybe leaning towards 140. She's definitely got a lot of tactical decisions, though, and is a ton of fun to play. Squad and army tests should help fix on that cost a bit more.

- Squad/ Does it pass?
List your Squad Test observations.
Huntress vs. 4th Mass x2
Huntress failed to kill any 4th Mass before dying. Without flying or a longer range or more staying power she just didn't have what it took to stand with four attack per turn ranged squads.
If she plays at slightly above 140 against heroes, her performance against squads sits her right back down at 140 max.

- Army Test One
List your Army Test observations.
Huntress (150), Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Batman (690 total) vs. Darkseid and Magneto (690)
Darkseid slaughtered in this test - Magneto was never even activated. Black Canary led and put one wound on Darkseid from height disadvantage with her first attack of three skulls. She rolled two skulls in her follow up and they were blocked. Green Arrow then fired, rolled a 17 (+2 for Skill Shot) which was one short of really putting a hurt on Darkseid. Instead he merely gave Darkseid one wound.
Then Darkseid attacked and killed Black Canary. Then Green Arrow took a couple of shots at Darkseid while Darkseid put two wounds on him from range. Green Arrow climbed a hill and shot again but only rolled an 18 for Skill Shot and then whiffed his attack. Darkseid moved to the middle of the map and fired his Omega Blast at Batman from six spaces away. Darkseid never even got to the D20 roll - he rolled six skulls on the special attack and put Batman to bed. This cost Batman's team their second turn of the second round and Darkseid took the hill on Green Arrow, but didn't finish him yet. Huntress closed in and fired twice at Darkseid with an attack of 3 (she couldn't get in range for the 5). He took one wound as a result. Then Darkseid killed Green Arrow to end the round.
In round three, Darkseid won initiative and engaged Huntress from height. He put her up to two wounds, but her Ruthless Counter Strike put him up to five wounds. That's three wounds Huntress put on Darkseid. Getting greedy, Huntress disengages, hoping a double attack of 5 instead of a single attack of 4 (thanks to Imposing Presence) would help put Darkseid away. With the help of a Jungle Bush, Darkseid laughed off both attacks, then blasted Huntress into oblivion with his Omega Effect.
None of the Vigilantes performed too well here, but Huntress was the unlikely MVP. Had the others pulled their weight, I think this one could have gone the other way. Huntress killed about 162 points, so maybe there's still some justification for 150 points here.

- Army Test Two
List your Army Test observations.
Huntress (140), Agent Carr, and Beat Cops x 4 (500) vs. Wolverine and Captain America (500)
Huntress (140), Agent Carr, and Beat Cops x 4 (500) vs. Wolverine and Captain America (500)
I'm still trying to settle on 140 or 150 here, so I thought I'd try her at 140 again and see how that goes.
OK I'm fully up to 150 points on Huntress just based on pure potential and she might be worth more. Using a screen of Cops to protect her, she shot down Captain America and then put the last two wounds on him with her Ruthless Counter Strike. Then she shot at a charging Wolverine and put 2 wounds on him. He healed one, then attacked again, taking one wound from Ruthless Counter Strike and putting two wounds on Huntress. Then he attacked again thanks to the new wound and put another wound on Huntress, but took two more wounds himself in the process. Then Huntress, with three wounds, attacked and killed Wolverine from height with her Reckless Engagement power.
So, when the stars align, Huntress is straight up nasty. She single handedly took out Captain America and Wolverine with only a little help from some Beat Cops acting as a meat screen.
I've seen Huntress at her worst and at her best and I think she's worth 150-160 at this point.

Pass at 150-160.

Hahma April 11th, 2010 11:07 PM

Thanks for the card Master Tang and thanks Bats for the playtest. :thumbsup:

IAmBatman April 11th, 2010 11:16 PM

Thanks for the rep. :-D More to come on that playtest tonight - staring the squad match now.

IAmBatman April 12th, 2010 01:09 AM

Re: Huntress - Playtesting Phase

Updated all my playtests! Lots of fun. :-) Ruthless Counter Strike is risky but awesome.

Hahma April 12th, 2010 06:21 AM

Awesome, thanks. :D

Master Tang April 12th, 2010 07:07 AM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT ___HUNTRESS___
(please only use red print for all of your responses)

C3G CHECK LIST FEEDBACK FORM
For this section, no play testing is required, only comment below if necessary. This is a guideline for things that you should be looking for as you play-test.
- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible
objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them. PASS
- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.PASS
- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.PASS
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.PASS
- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any.PASS

(Be sure to list what units you used and what BoV map you used per section below.)
All tests done on Turret Rocks.

HEAVY HITTERS TESTS:
Huntress vs Venom
Winner: Huntress w/ 2 wounds. R2 T 1
Huntress w/ 2 wounds. R2 T2
Venom w/ 0 wounds. R2 T3

I couldn't roll his dodge to save his life, but his SA was extremely effective when adjacent. 3 Attack vs. 3 Defense. At first I was trying to us his basic attack on height but against her that is very risky.

Huntress vs Spider-man
Winner: Spider-man w/ 2 wounds R2 T5
Spider-man w/ 1 wound. R1 T3
Huntress w/ 1 wound. R2 T3

This time I rollled much better with Spidey Sense. This clarifies that getting adjacent to her her and further lowering her defense makes her easy pickings. Wolverine would love her.

Huntress vs Sgt Drake Alexander V2
Winner: Huntress w/ 0 wounds. R1 T6
Huntress w/3 wounds. R1 T5
Huntress w/ 3 wounds. R1 T5

The outcomes of this battle surprised me personally. Sgt. Drake kept getting blasted with solid attacks from Huntress' SA. Whenever he got on highground and rolled 7 attack dice he would roll decent and she would roll great opn defense rolls keeping her alive and counter striking him. The 3 wounds on her card came from a lucky attack roll from Sgt. Drake and then her counter striking him to death.

Huntress vs. Captain America
Winner: Cap' w/ 4 wounds. R2 T1
Huntress w/ 2 wounds. R1 T5
Huntress w/ 3 wounds. R2 T2
Cap' w/ 4 wounds. R2 T4
Huntress w/ 3 wounds. R1 T6

They both rolled pretty decent. Cap' tried to use his shield attack, but he couldn't wound with it. Every time he used his normal attack he took at least one wound , but this was the way he put any wounds on her. If she had no wounds or 1 wound I would disengage with her to get the double attack of 5, that really tore Cap' up.

Huntress vs. Sonlen

Winner: Huntress w/ 0 wounds. R2 T1
Huntress w/ 0 wounds. R1 T6
Huntress w/ 1 wound. R1 T6

Huntress totally dominated Sonlen even when Sonlen managed to use his healing ability. The Dragon swoop only managed to work once. Huntress' double attacks of 5 really tore up Sonlen every chance it got.

Note: For 4th Mass Test I switched to the Initiative +8 Glyph (Randomly Chosen)

SQUAD TEST:

Huntress vs. 4th Massachusetts Line
Winner: 4th Mass w/ 3 left. R2 T4
Huntress w/ 3 wounds. R3 T2

Huntress' double attack and her counterstrike really paid off. I would Shoot for double attack of 5 whenever I had the chance. If the Mass was a bit crowded she would run in and use the double attack of 3 and then counterstrike them back if they attacked. I will run this test vs. 4th Mass at least one more time.

- Melee Based Army/ Does it pass?
List your Melee Army Test observations.
- Ranged Based Army/ Does it pass?
List your Ranged Army Test observations.

Griffin April 12th, 2010 08:12 AM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT HUNTRESS
- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass? YES, but I would only pass her right now at 170. Ruthless Counterstrike is extremely useful, and not that difficult to exercise honestly. Plus, her Special Attack is pretty darn nice, and could own a lot of figures who depend on their defensive powers to maintain their point value, like Superman and Blob.
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass?
YES I think 160 looks good right now.
Map: Sidewinder
Units: Huntress VS x2 Street Thugs
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass? YES 160
Units: Huntress, Black Canary, and Batman VS Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, and x1 Street Thugs
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass? YES 160
Units: Huntress, Black Canary, and Green Arrow VS Batman, Venom, and Iceman
Spoiler Alert!

Final Analysis: I think that Huntress is well priced at 160, and that she also feels (plays) very much like a vigilante. I would certainly draft her if I wanted an aggressive hero that had multiple ways of inflicting damage on quite literally any level of hero.

Confred April 12th, 2010 11:56 AM

Ruthless Counterstrike seems dangerous and awesome. Good battle summaries, The ability functions a lot different than my theoryscaping versions of it - I visioned it as an either or, not both blocking and attacking.
I am agreeing with 170 for now.

IAmBatman April 12th, 2010 02:46 PM

So, Griff, you think Counter Strike adds zero value, but you think Ruthless Counter Strike adds tons? Special Attacks abound in this game and give a great counter to her. Also there are plenty of very mobile ranged figures that can take her out.
Run her against some ranged squaddies and see if you still think she's worth 170.
I wouldn't go over 160 for her.

IAmBatman April 12th, 2010 02:48 PM

Dude, Griff, why the heck did Iceman use his normal attack against Huntress at all? If I were playing him, I'd use only the special attack the whole time. Ruthless Counter Strike is only as effective as you let it be when you've got a special attack.