Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Project (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

Yodaking May 17th, 2020 09:45 PM

Re: Godzilla and friends

Can I attack his tail, with a melee attack, when not adjacent to his double base?

quozl May 17th, 2020 09:52 PM

Stealing from the awesome Godzilla designs already posted, here's my take:

NAME = GODZILLA
SPECIES = DINOSAUR
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

LIFE 20

MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4

WAKE OF DESTRUCTION
Godzilla may move through and never takes leaving engagement attacks from figures that are not huge. After moving, roll 2 unblockable attack dice against each figure Godzilla moved through. If Godzilla moved through any destructible objects, destroy them.

KING OF THE MONSTERS
If Godzilla attacks a Huge figure or a destructible object with his normal attack, add 8 additional attack dice.

ATOMIC BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
After taking a turn with Godzilla, place an Atomic Charge marker on this card. You may remove 4 Atomic Charge markers from this card to use this special attack. Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Godzilla. All figures on the chosen spaces and in clear sight of Godzilla are affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice for all affected figures. Each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Figures roll defense separately.

SUPER STRENGTH

quozl May 17th, 2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2384844)
Can I attack his tail, with a melee attack, when not adjacent to his double base?

No, just like you can't attack a dragon's tail. You have to attack the part on the base.

IAmBatman May 17th, 2020 10:00 PM

That's a cool write up. I didn't realize he was thematically a dinosaur. I always thought he was more of a "creature/monster."

tcglkn May 17th, 2020 10:20 PM

He's a dinosaur-like fictional monster. I kinda like using Kaiju as the species.

Yodaking May 17th, 2020 10:28 PM

Also prefer Kaiju over Dino.

Soundwarp SG-1 May 17th, 2020 10:36 PM

In some films he’s specifically a mutated dinosaur.

Ronin May 17th, 2020 10:39 PM

Not sure if his origin story has varied over the years, but in the 90s movies he's absolutely a dinosaur.

Kaiju feels more like a class than a species, if we were gonna call it out directly.

Write-up looks pretty cool, though.

I remember there was some discussion of a King of Monsters that interacted with itself, so Godzilla and Ghidorah could both have it and get mean against each other? That'd be a cool element to bring to the power.

japes May 18th, 2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2384894)
Not sure if his origin story has varied over the years, but in the 90s movies he's absolutely a dinosaur.

Kaiju feels more like a class than a species, if we were gonna call it out directly.

Write-up looks pretty cool, though.

I remember there was some discussion of a King of Monsters that interacted with itself, so Godzilla and Ghidorah could both have it and get mean against each other? That'd be a cool element to bring to the power.

I like the idea of that for a class...Then you could have a Kaiju as a callout for other. For that day that Pacific Rim gets a comic and voted in.

Then give Godzilla a personality that reflects the protective nature so he can sort of be a Good Guy Kaiju in desired

Soundwarp SG-1 May 18th, 2020 04:31 AM

Pacific Rim has had a comic for like 7 years now

Arkham May 18th, 2020 04:37 AM

Dig the write-up. I'd make the Atomic Breath once per round though, or even a marker system that charges up that determines the attack power, and if fully charged, then you get your double skulls. Let it feel special since he usually builds up to it rather than just comes out and uses it every few seconds.

IAmBatman May 18th, 2020 09:15 AM

Oooh, I dig the idea of a breath charge up.