Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   10th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40498)

Gurei-Ornery June 15th, 2012 11:44 AM

Re: Long Island Heroscape League- IslandScape Tournament Jul

Dad_Scaper's My Time to Shine format is really fun. The meat of it is "No Spider Poison/Jexik graded units higher than a B. Everything B or lower". It forces units to the table that are rarely used competitively.

The_X_Marker June 15th, 2012 04:46 PM

I do like the second idea, but it wouldn't be fair if not everyone could make that many armies.

Count me in. I'll be leaving for Maryland on the 22nd, so this is the perfect sending off :lol:

Rich10 June 17th, 2012 10:35 AM

I like all of the ideas, but I worry that some might not be able to put 4 armies together.

I would prefer either:
  • 500 points "B" or lower ranked, or
  • 400 points (reverse the whip)
Actually, I just want to get out and play.

Grishnakh June 24th, 2012 05:44 PM

It's back!

IslandScape 2012!

Our 6th year!

July 21st, Ravenblood Games, Hicksville NY

Save the Date!

Set up, register armies, etc. between 12:00 and 1:00, officially start at 1:00, play 4 games between 1:00 and 5:00 with the final championship game starting at 5:00. Should be finished up by 6:00. Of course if we keep to a strict time table these time could be moved up.

No admission cost - but please consider a small prize for our prize table. This does not have to be Heroscape related. (It can even be a low cost game purchased that day at the store.)

Maps will be based on this years GenCon maps.

5 round swiss style tournament.

Players bring one, pre-made 450 point Heroscape army (no Marvel). We are allowing C3V and SoV customs this year.

Army size is limited to 24 hexes.

The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

We'll use Reverse the Whip for rounds 4 and 5 (players will be switching armies with their opponent).

Brought to you by all of the members of the Long Island Heroscape League.

Tournament Director: WarBanner
League President: Grishnakh

kolakoski June 24th, 2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1631578)
We'll use Crack the Whip for rounds 4 and 5 (players will be switching armies with their opponent).

WarBanner and Grishnakh

Well met!

You meant Reverse the Whip, of course. Crack the Whip is a gambit in a Heroscape Strategy Article called "Strategic Maneuvers Tips and Tricks:
Crack the Whip," featuring a James Murphy Bomb (with Theracus).

Taeblewalker June 24th, 2012 11:32 PM

Looking forward to this!

Grishnakh June 25th, 2012 08:05 AM

Well met indeed sir!

You are, of course, correct.

I'll blame Warbanner for that one..... :)

Of course, judging from my icon, crack the whip seems right. You know, "Where there's a whip there's a way!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolakoski (Post 1631648)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1631578)
We'll use Crack the Whip for rounds 4 and 5 (players will be switching armies with their opponent).

WarBanner and Grishnakh

Well met!

You meant Reverse the Whip, of course. Crack the Whip is a gambit in a Heroscape Strategy Article called "Strategic Maneuvers Tips and Tricks:
Crack the Whip," featuring a James Murphy Bomb (with Theracus).

WarBanner June 25th, 2012 04:24 PM

Yeah, I'm to blame for putting in crack the whip. I'm fine with including C3V figures, though I won't be using them.

Grishnakh June 25th, 2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarBanner (Post 1632181)
Yeah, I'm to blame for putting in crack the whip. I'm fine with including C3V figures, though I won't be using them.

They are a ton of fun!

The_X_Marker June 25th, 2012 05:36 PM

We did do Reverse the Whip last year. I enjoyed it, even though my poor wolves got crushed.

Just hoping that the army that I have been working on for almost a year, for a standard kill-em-all, will work well with this format as well.

Sherman Davies June 25th, 2012 11:16 PM

Count me in! If needed, I can bring a map as well. It'll be good to see everyone since I've missed the last two game days.

The_X_Marker June 26th, 2012 12:18 AM

Put Melissa down as a maybe!

She's still deciding but we're playing 5 games a week, so she's leaning more towards yes right now.