Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 July 25th, 2011 02:56 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
The sequel had Danny Glover in it. A Predator was hunting in a city (LA, NY, I don't remember), taking out gang members and police. A government agency tried to capture the predator by luring it into a cold storage warehouse. They all died. Don't remember how, but Glover killed the predator. It was a really bad movie.
-------------
Personally, I like Wulf's simple choose to self-destruct mechanic. The "one-life remaining" aspect is very thematic. Had Arnold killed it outright, there would have been no chance to self-destruct. If a predator has more than one life left, I doubt you would choose to blow him up unless it would win the game for you - but that wouldn't be thematic.

Lamaclown July 25th, 2011 03:23 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1447485)
Personally, I like Wulf's simple choose to self-destruct mechanic. The "one-life remaining" aspect is very thematic. Had Arnold killed it outright, there would have been no chance to self-destruct. If a predator has more than one life left, I doubt you would choose to blow him up unless it would win the game for you - but that wouldn't be thematic.

I think mac has it right.

1. I agree, being able to trigger only when one life remains may not make it as usable, but it will make it more thematic, which I would prefer over usable.

2. Wulf's idea keeps it simple and thematic. More could be done to make it super thematic but then it will also lose its playable simplicity and could get over the top.

I don't think the idea with this project is to completely simulate what took place in the movie(s) or book(s) but to capture the essence of the character. In this case, a simple one-life-remaining-kaboom radius accomplishes just that.

Lamaclown August 2nd, 2011 03:40 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I was thinking about the 1-life-kaboom.
In the 1st movie (I saw the others but they were quickly forgettable) Arnie did a good job of wounding the Predator but it either field dressed its wounds or just kept going.

How about an ability along these lines...
Quote:

ABILITY NAME HERE
If the Predator receives enough wounds from an attack to be destroyed roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an X or lower, the Predator is destroyed. If you roll an X+1 or higher, place wounds markers on this card until there is only one life remaining.
It would convey the "toughness" of the predator and it would also make the Self-destruct ability more likely to come into play.

Just a thought...

Taeblewalker August 2nd, 2011 03:42 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I love this idea, LC!

Taeblewalker August 2nd, 2011 03:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Edit: Wrong thread!

Rav August 5th, 2011 12:27 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Hello all, new to the site. Have been dabbling in game mechanics and game creation going all the way back to when I was 10 and using stats off of the backs of baseball cards.

I would love to see a Flash Gordon unique hero. I was thinking something of a melee basic attack and pistol special attack.

Taeblewalker August 5th, 2011 01:19 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
You can get in the queue and take a turn designing, if you like.

To all: Balantai was looking for someone to take over this thread, and no one offered, so I will do the job if no one objects.

Lamaclown August 5th, 2011 01:22 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1454674)
You can get in the queue and take a turn designing, if you like.

To all: Balantai was looking for someone to take over this thread, and no one offered, so I will do the job if no one objects.

I can't think of anyone better to do it.
Thanks for taking it on, TW!

mac122 August 5th, 2011 01:26 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1454675)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1454674)
You can get in the queue and take a turn designing, if you like.

To all: Balantai was looking for someone to take over this thread, and no one offered, so I will do the job if no one objects.

I can't think of anyone better to do it.
Thanks for taking it on, TW!

Sounds good to me. Thanks Taeblewalker!

Edit: @ Rav: welcome to the site! We are working on a design for the Predator right now, but Flash Gordon would be an interesting figure to create, too. Hope you'll stick around.

Edit: @ Taeblewalker: Balantai always brought snacks. Will you be bringing snacks, too? Doritos and Diet Dew would be great. ;)

Lamaclown August 5th, 2011 01:28 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
BTW, I see that wulf hasn't been on for a couple of weeks.

What should we do with the Predator to move him along since his designer has been absent for a while?
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1454677)
Edit: @ Rav: welcome to the site! We are working on a design for the Predator right now, but Flash Gordon would be an interesting figure to create, too. Hope you'll stick around.

Ditto. Welcome, Rav

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1454677)
Edit: @ Taeblewalker: Balantai always brought snacks. Will you be bringing snacks, too? Doritos and Diet Dew would be great. ;)

You really are on the payroll for Diet Dew aren't you.:)

BTW, I am doing P90X right now so Dorito's aren't working for me- maybe carrots; they're practically the same as Doritos- at least that is what I keep telling myself :(

Rav August 5th, 2011 01:52 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Thanks! Yes, I would love to get in the queue and would love to help in any way that I can.

mac122 August 5th, 2011 02:01 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1454680)
BTW, I see that wulf hasn't been on for a couple of weeks.

What should we do with the Predator to move him along since his designer has been absent for a while?
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1454677)
Edit: @ Rav: welcome to the site! We are working on a design for the Predator right now, but Flash Gordon would be an interesting figure to create, too. Hope you'll stick around.

Ditto. Welcome, Rav

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1454677)
Edit: @ Taeblewalker: Balantai always brought snacks. Will you be bringing snacks, too? Doritos and Diet Dew would be great. ;)

You really are on the payroll for Diet Dew aren't you.:)

I should own the company with as much Diet Dew as I drink.

I'll PM Wulf (unless someone else already has). If I don't get a response, we could either finish Predator ourselves, or put it on hold for now and let the next person in line submit a design.

BTW, LC, I like your "ABILITY NAME HERE" idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC
BTW, I am doing P90X right now so Dorito's aren't working for me- maybe carrots; they're practically the same as Doritos- at least that is what I keep telling myself :(

Nacho cheese Doritos are orange and carrots are orange, so they must be the same! (Did that help?)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.