Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman July 13th, 2019 09:58 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles - Public Playtesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2296433)
I fought the lawn and the lawn won.

Sounds like most of my weekends, really ....

IAmBatman July 13th, 2019 10:43 PM

Feeling good enough about things as is that I'm not going to run a fourth test here. I'm recommending moving forward with the rules as is and 3 Life and 4 Defense on the Sports Cars.

IAmBatman July 13th, 2019 10:43 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: SPORTS CAR/DRAFTABLE VDO RULES

***Testing Sports Car with 4 Life and 5 Defense****

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Martian Manhunter (300), Black Canary (190), Oracle (110), Robin (Dick) (100), Green Arrow (150), Sports Car (x2) (200), Red Arrow (150) (1200) vs Fantastic Four (1,000), Wasp (I) (50), Iceman (150) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Units: Captain America (240), Ms. Marvel (350), Sharon Carter (90), Wasp (50), Sports Car (x2) (200), Beast (170) (1100) vs Black Canary (190), Oracle (110), Green Arrow (150), Red Arrow (150), Batman (I) (200), Robin (Dick Grayson) (100), Lady Blackhawk (110), Commissioner Gordon (90) (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

***Testing Sports Car with 3 Life and 4 Defense****

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Lady Blackhawk (110), Iron Man (Hasbro) (240), Invisible Woman (215), Mister Fantastic (235), Sports Car (x2) (200) (1,000)
vs Original X-Men (1,000)

Spoiler Alert!

Tornado July 13th, 2019 11:02 PM

That looked fun.
Glad you tested that build.

IAmBatman July 13th, 2019 11:04 PM

Yeah, it was! First test where enemy combatants got into the car.

If anyone's stuck on army building, here's the one I had lined up but discarded: Invisible Woman (215), Wasp (I) (50), Atom (Ray Palmer) (50), Mister Fantastic (235), Iceman (150), Sports Car (x2) (200) (900)

Tornado July 16th, 2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2295593)
Walmart. Made by someone called Greenlight. Vintage Gas Station. Chevron Gasolines. 1:64
I have only seen it at one.store though but I believe it is available online.
It is die-cast metal and pretty sweet.
Garage doors open and close. Weird thing is there is no roof on the garage but that is easy to modify. Oh and the side wall of the garage is removable.

I think I got this at Mejeir. You may be able to find it at Target as well.

Lazy Orang July 16th, 2019 08:07 PM

I lost track ages ago here - could I have an overview of where the rules are right now?

IAmBatman July 16th, 2019 09:05 PM

From the OP:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2207176)
Current Rules Under Test:
-Link here

The Sports Car is being tested at 3 Life, 4 Defense, 100 points with these rules.

Arch-vile August 6th, 2019 04:20 PM

I have a lot of questions so I make sure I will be testing correctly; apologies in advance. :) I see the Sports Car is being changed to 3 life, 4 defense, 100 points. (That should be in the OP.)

First, anything special you want tested here?

Are Sports Cars full cover & uncommon?

Figures in a full cover vehicle can still use special powers that don't require clear sight (and attack if they don't need clear sight, like many Telepaths), correct?

There are no specific exit/entry sites for Sports Cars, correct?

You start the game with no one in your Sports Car(s), correct?

Say I have Batman & Robin in a vehicle. Batman is in the driver's seat, and he exits the vehicle. Is Robin now in the driver's seat?

Figures cannot stand on top of the Sports Car, correct? I'm assuming that section is in the rules for the mole machine vehicle.

Say Batman is in a Sports Car. Can Batman attack the Sports Car he is in? (This would probably never happen.)

IAmBatman August 6th, 2019 04:26 PM

Good call. I'll update the SP in a jiff here.

Nothing in particular jumps to mind, though figures like Invisible Woman and Wasp that can't bit hit from range are useful. I guess just try to 1. Break it and 2. See if it's fun.

Sports cars are partial cover (they have windows) and uncommon. So figures can use clear sight powers through a Sports Car, they just can't engage through it.

If it were full cover (which it's not) your reading on which powers/attacks could be used is correct.

Correct, no specific entrances. That's more for planning for large structures/huge vehicles in the future.

Correct, you start with no one in it. It does start in your start zone, though.

It requires a specific movement to go from the passenger seat to the driver's seat. Just like in real life. :-D Unlike in real life, you can easily do it in a "moving" vehicle, between activations.

We haven't technically ruled on standing on the Sports Car or not, but I'm going to lean towards "no, it's too small." It ultimately depends on the exact figure used. I'm not sure how it was with @tcglkn 's original approach.

Sports cars are never engaged but you can be adjacent to them and you can target them and attack them. Any figure inside the vehicle is considered adjacent to the vehicle. So Batman could attack it, yes.

IAmBatman August 6th, 2019 04:26 PM

Thanks for taking this on!

Yodaking August 6th, 2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2302329)
It requires a specific movement to go from the passenger seat to the driver's seat. Just like in real life. :-D Unlike in real life, you can easily do it in a "moving" vehicle, between activations.

Wait, what? You've never switched seats with the driver while going 55mph down the road before? I saw Smokey and the Bandit as a kid and they made it look so easy.