Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

IAmBatman May 19th, 2020 11:54 PM

Re: Godzilla and friends

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2386155)
I need 1 more point.

Point 1: Big stompy dinosaurs are cool.

There you go. :-P

quozl May 19th, 2020 11:55 PM

That is a very good point!

quozl May 20th, 2020 12:16 AM

OK, it's posted.

tcglkn May 20th, 2020 12:58 AM

As a legend you need one more point? I’ll donate it if needed. Start the thread.

quozl May 20th, 2020 08:44 AM

Bats gave me a point. What's the figure info for this?
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...1zdk1QdkxWQVl3

quozl May 20th, 2020 08:51 AM

I believe it's this one on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Godzil...978858&sr=8-41

tcglkn May 20th, 2020 10:04 AM

The figure used for this unit is a Bandai figure from the Godzilla Movie Monster Series set.
Its name is Godzilla (1954). It can be purchased here.

quozl May 20th, 2020 10:31 AM

Thanks!

quozl February 25th, 2021 08:11 PM

Everyone OK if I move this thread to the public?

tcglkn February 25th, 2021 08:12 PM

No issue

MrNobody February 25th, 2021 08:22 PM

Sounds good

Ronin February 25th, 2021 09:07 PM

Go for it!

Ronin April 4th, 2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/Wm7lpyU.png
The figure used for this unit is a Walmart figure from the Godzilla set.
Its model name is Destoroyah.

NAME = DESTOROYAH
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = MENACING

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ~17

LIFE = HIGH

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 10
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = QUITE A FEW I IMAGINE

OXYGEN DESTROYER RAY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 4.
This special attack can only be used once per round and can only be used to target a huge figure. The defending figure cannot roll defense dice.

AGGREGATE FORMS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 6.
Choose up to four figures that are within 4 spaces of Destoroyah. Destoroyah does not need line of sight to the chosen figures and can choose non-adjacent figures even if he is engaged. Attack each chosen figure, one at a time.

REAGGREGATION
At the end of each round, remove 3 Wound Markers from this card even if Destoroyah is destroyed. If, after removing those Wound Markers, Destoroyah has at least 1 Life remaining, you may place him on any empty spaces on the battlefield.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Slight redux on my old Destoroyah write-up. Numbers were a little weird on the old version I think - mainly tried to beef him up and make him scarier on offense, but tamp down the healing here.

IAmBatman April 4th, 2021 10:49 AM

Destoroyah sounds like Godzilla's rap name. :2cents:

First power seems like a straight up Godzilla counterdraft (which it's looking more and more like we need :lol: ).

Second power is nice crowd control.

Lowish life and the last power really make you want to run him with a bunch of cheap/hard to hit types, which is interesting (and may or may not be appealing).

Ronin April 4th, 2021 11:28 AM

Yeah, the first power definitely messes with Godzilla - thematically, Destoroyah is Godzilla's last/toughest opponent in the 80s/90s series of Godzilla movies, and his breath weapon is specifically based on the weapon that kills the OG Godzilla at the end of the original movie.

And yeah, the threat of encouraging turtling has me reconsidering the last power a bit - don't think you necessarily need to rep his powers that way, and I think it makes it hard for him to be a solo Event Hero draft. Not entirely sure what to replace it with yet though. May peruse some of our horror designs for inspiration.

Also thinking of updating Aggregate Forms like so:

Quote:

Range Special. Attack 6.
Choose up to four figures that are within 4 spaces of Destoroyah. Destoroyah does not need line of sight to the chosen figures and can choose non-adjacent figures even if he is engaged. Attack each chosen figure, one at a time. After using this special attack, you may place Destoroyah on any empty spaces within 4 spaces of his current placement. He will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Different take, but gives him a little mobility and reps the "recombination" aspect of his powers in a different way.

IAmBatman April 4th, 2021 11:52 AM

Maybe something more of a Daredevil II variety where the first time you “kill” him each round he heals a couple and keeps fighting?

Ronin April 4th, 2021 03:52 PM

Yeah, I think that would track.

Alternatively, I could see him getting some kind of sadism power, going in a completely different direction. He's one of the few Godzilla enemies that's particularly cruel (a lot of them are just mindless monsters or pawns of aliens or whatever). So he stands out from the crowd for that reason. He specifically ignores Godzilla at a couple points during their fight to go beat up Godzilla's son instead.

Maybe combining those ideas...

Quote:

SADISTIC DRIVE
Once per round, when Destoroyah would be destroyed by receiving wounds, you may ignore those wounds and choose an adjacent figure to receive a wound instead. You must choose the figure adjacent to Destoroyah that has the lowest Life number listed on its card.

quozl April 4th, 2021 04:49 PM

Make it a must and you've got me.

Ronin April 4th, 2021 06:53 PM

Yeah, I'm cool with it being a 'must'. :up:

Oh, one other little note - I went with Menacing on the personality as a nod to the Alien Drones. In the scenes where he's split into his smaller forms, there are some homages to Alien(s), so I liked winking at that. Might upgrade him to Terrifying (the Alien Queen's personality). Don't think the queen was around when I was first brainstorming for this guy.

All together:

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/Wm7lpyU.png
The figure used for this unit is a Playmates figure from the Godzilla set.
Its model name is Destoroyah.

NAME = DESTOROYAH
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ~17

LIFE = HIGH

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 10
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = QUITE A FEW I IMAGINE

Range 8. Attack 1, 2, or 3.
Start the attack with 6 attack dice. You may attack with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until all 6 attack dice have been rolled. Attacked figures cannot roll defense dice. You can only attack the same figure twice in one turn if that figure is huge, and can only use this special attack once per round.

Range Special. Attack 6.
Choose up to four figures that are within 4 spaces of Destoroyah. Destoroyah does not need line of sight to the chosen figures and can choose non-adjacent figures even if he is engaged. Attack each chosen figure, one at a time. After using this special attack, you may place Destoroyah on any empty spaces within 4 spaces of his current placement. He will not take leaving engagement attacks.

SADISTIC DRIVE
Once per round, when Destoroyah would be destroyed by receiving wounds, you must ignore those wounds and, if possible, choose an adjacent figure to receive a wound instead. You must choose the figure adjacent to Destoroyah that has the lowest Life number listed on its card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

IAmBatman April 4th, 2021 09:32 PM

IF (big if) you put him at 20 Life like Godzilla, I've got him at 1335 on the calculator.

Ronin April 4th, 2021 09:33 PM

I don't particularly trust the calculator with the numbers involved here, but a bit above Godzilla would be a good goal.

Arch-vile April 4th, 2021 09:39 PM

Pretty cool design. Sadistic Drive is awesome.

I'd let Oxygen Destroyer Ray affect anyone or power it up somehow. Against most huge guys including Godzilla, unless your only option is a ranged attack, it's going to be mathematically better to use that attack of 10.

IAmBatman April 4th, 2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2457891)
I don't particularly trust the calculator with the numbers involved here, but a bit above Godzilla would be a good goal.

Sure. I think when you get into the pretty high and pretty low levels you have a lot more swing on the calculator, so definitely not a firm prediction or anything, but more of an indication of general range. He could easily be 1100-1500 based on what you have there. But I'd be surprised if he didn't feel >1000.

(Again, based on if you do 20 Life).

IAmBatman April 4th, 2021 09:43 PM

Range 8. Attack 2 + Special.
This special attack can only be used once per round and the defending figure cannot roll defense dice. When attacking a Huge figure with this special attack, add 3(?)4(?) to the attack.

Arch-vile April 4th, 2021 09:44 PM

That's nice. :up:

Ronin April 4th, 2021 09:56 PM

Yeah, I could dig that. Another thought I had was doing something like:

Quote:

Range 8. Attack 1, 2, or 3.
Start the attack with 6 attack dice. You may attack with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until all 6 attack dice have been rolled. Attacked figures cannot roll defense dice. You can only attack the same figure twice in one turn if that figure is huge, and can only use this special attack once per round.
The 'huge' restriction is mainly trying to enforce not being able to murderlize any rando, but something like this might be a technically-more-thematic way of getting there? He does use the beam on random scenery, so it seems fair for him to be able to eff up a bunch of DOs with it or just swing a beam through a bunch of cannon fodder. But this way the 'focused' version is reserved for huge guys that merit attention.

IAmBatman April 4th, 2021 09:58 PM

Yeah, that's nasty. :up:

Soundwarp SG-1 April 4th, 2021 10:49 PM

Who knew Gundams and Transformers hated having their oxygen destroyed so much :lol:

Ronin April 4th, 2021 11:02 PM

They absolutely hate that. It's the Gundam version of getting slapped with a glove.

Updated the version of Oxygen Destroyer in the last post.

Arch-vile April 8th, 2021 10:44 PM

Thought of a cool idea if we ever do a 1000 point Kong for Godzilla VS Kong matchups. This would let Kong uproot trees and smash Godzilla with them for 10-15 dice.

Quote:

Improvised Club Special Attack
Range 1. Attack Special.
When moving, Kong may remove any one adjacent Destructible Object and place it on this card. Kong may only have one Destructible Object on this card at one time. You may remove the Destructible Object from this card to roll attack dice equal to the Destructible Object's height.

MrNobody April 8th, 2021 10:50 PM

I’d add in the unoccupied clause we’ve been doing recently, but cool power! Gundam Basebal Bat would be cool as hell.

Ronin April 8th, 2021 11:23 PM

Pretty nuts on a map with trees! Cool concept though.

Tornado April 9th, 2021 06:11 AM

Battletech had that same mechanic. You could uproot a tree and use it as a club. Good stuff.

IAmBatman April 9th, 2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2458480)
Thought of a cool idea if we ever do a 1000 point Kong for Godzilla VS Kong matchups. This would let Kong uproot trees and smash Godzilla with them for 10-15 dice.

Quote:

Improvised Club Special Attack
Range 1. Attack Special.
When moving, Kong may remove any one adjacent Destructible Object and place it on this card. Kong may only have one Destructible Object on this card at one time. You may remove the Destructible Object from this card to roll attack dice equal to the Destructible Object's height.

Would be cool if he started with a DO as well.

Any thoughts on repping the energy Axe?

I would love a Kong who could compete with Godzilla.

Tornado April 9th, 2021 10:03 AM

Draftable axe?

Also could do an Evergreen Tree II that allowed it to be used as a club.

quozl April 9th, 2021 10:31 AM

BeardBeyond April 10th, 2021 07:27 AM

So, I asked in the questions thread about the figure for Destoroyah. Thank you so much for your responses. :) Do the rest of the team working on the other kaiju have the figures in mind for theirs respectively as well? I'd probably like to get all of them and their prices are on the rise recently, so I'd like to pre-empt them being out of print completely. (I know they're probably being kept in the 6"-7" Godzilla line of toys). I saw discussions for the 11 " Godzilla as well and was wondering what figure is being tossed around for that one.

Ronin April 10th, 2021 08:52 PM

I think for the most part you should be safe with the other figures from that same Playmates line (or other comparably-sized figures). Not sure about the XL Godzilla, though.

I think the big characters we don't have anything figured out yet for are Rodan and Mothra.

quozl April 10th, 2021 09:22 PM

I just played my first game of Godzilla: Tokyo Clash. Fun game!

Ronin April 10th, 2021 09:43 PM

Looks neat! Megalon is clearly the Ringo Starr of that game's kaiju line-up though. :p

BeardBeyond April 11th, 2021 02:44 AM

It's just tough to hammer out roughly correct sizing for each as their canonical sizes have varied so widely over the years. I already got the Destoroyah you linked prior.
King Ghidorah tends to be one of the biggest, so I'm comfy setting him as the tallest for the standard kaiju at 7" and 8" in his mecha form (even if you guys don't make Mecha King Ghidorah, I'm comfortable using him as a reskin alternate model as he's so iconic.) I've gone ahead and gotten both 6" and 7" for MechaGodzilla as he tends to tie and/or exceed Godzilla's height (I figure I'll keep whichever is closer to the height you guys decide upon and gift the other). I've really got no clue with Mothra (both forms) or Rodan as it's a bit harder to pin point a standard size comparison for them.

IAmBatman April 11th, 2021 10:13 AM

As much as possible the goal is to be in decent relative scale to the Godzilla we have AND to try to stick to something that can fit on double bases as it precludes our needing special movement rules if we can do that.

Ronin April 11th, 2021 11:20 AM

We don't have a plan for Rodan and Mothra yet either, which makes it tough to advise. :lol:

I've also been trying to work out figures lately, though. I'll keep you in the loop if we get anything nailed down.

For Rodan at least, I know he does have 6" tall toys that look like they'd fit on a double base, comparable to most of the other kaiju. I know Rodan's not always that big compared to Godzilla, but it works well enough for me, personally.

Mothra will probably be a little trickier - unlikely to be an easy double-baser.

IAmBatman April 11th, 2021 11:48 AM

Here's what I have saved for Mothra, but, yeah, basing seems like it'd be daunting ....

quozl April 11th, 2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2458756)
Here's what I have saved for Mothra, but, yeah, basing seems like it'd be daunting ....

Flight stand needed.

Ronin April 11th, 2021 12:55 PM

Hmm, yeah, might need to prop her up.

Ideally I'd like to not use the American Mothra design if possible - it loses the iconic face design in favor of making her look more buglike. Maybe that's just what we've got to work with, though.

Ronin April 11th, 2021 01:04 PM

Quick stab at a Mothra design, since we're talking about her but we haven't got a write-up going:

Quote:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...-mothra001.jpg
The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model name is ???.

NAME = MOTHRA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ??

LIFE = 13

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = MANY

QUEEN OF THE MONSTERS
When attacking or defending against a huge figure, add 1 to Mothra's Attack and Defense numbers for each wounded Kaiju on the battlefield.

ENORMOUS CLAW CARRY
After moving and before attacking with Mothra, you may choose a large or huge figure she passed over and place that figure adjacent to her. That figure will not take leaving engagement attacks.

HURRICANE WINDS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 6.
All figures Mothra passed over this turn are affected by this special attack. After a figure rolls defense dice against this special attack, you may place it on an empty space within 2 spaces of its current placement. It will not take leaving engagement attacks. This special attack can only be used once per round.

STEALTH FLYING
When Mothra starts to fly, if she is engaged, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

BeardBeyond April 11th, 2021 01:19 PM

I may end up getting both Mothra's (the one you linked and the classic that is almost the same size) but I think I'll start with the classic. I'm still really appreciative of you showing me the one you're using, as it gives me an idea of the scale you're going with in either case. I could see both benefiting from the use of a thin metal rod (hidden under the base and within the figure) bent at an angle to secure them to the base (in such a way that no flight stand is necessary) using their own weight as a counterbalance. Are you going with the 8.5" Larva figure or something smaller? I'd imagine either way there's no intention of basing Larva Mothra.

Rodan's size has varied more greatly than many of the other kaiju (aside from Godzilla of course), so I don't mind going with a 6"; I'll likely just go with the most Dynamic figure in the 5"-6" range as most of them are just sort of T posing, but if I have to I'll just take a T pose Rodan and mod him to be in a Dynamic pose like I did the Transformers. XD

On a side note, I'd hope Anguirus and Biollante are considered (as both are rather unique standouts against the standard bipedal kaiju) and are also considered for special basing. While Anguirus can stand upright he's most comfortable on all fours and Biollante would likely be best on a custom 4-7 hexer (akin to my Master Mold Custom). I know a large portion of the push from the community for the larger Godzilla was to kickstart the custom rules for movement concerning figures with more than a double spaced base, so if nothing else perhaps any nonconventional (non-bipedal) kaiju could achieve the same goal.

Thank you all so much for your insight! ^w^