Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Seattle Game Days (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31725)

obfuscatedhippo August 9th, 2010 11:59 AM

Seattle Game Days

Welcome Seattle 'Scapers!

This thread is for casual game days in Seattle, Washington and the surrounding area.

obfuscatedhippo August 15th, 2010 07:36 PM

Re: Seattle Game Days

The Seattle Scapers club meets every third Saturday in Lake Forest Park at THIRD PLACE COMMONS. This is an open event, and we welcome new players.

Occassionally I will organize Scape game days at my place in Seattle. Typically these are held on the 1st Saturday of each month. I have more than enough figures and terrain, so these games are great for new players or on days when you just want to show up and play.

PM me for more information and an invite.

Thanks!
*Kai

felnar August 16th, 2010 06:48 PM

I'll be there.
Without Terrain.

ReyRoberto August 17th, 2010 11:43 PM

I'll bring a map and a few armies.

Nomad August 18th, 2010 05:11 PM

My 12-year-old son and I will be there.

We'll bring a couple of maps and a bunch of armies.

Nomad August 21st, 2010 11:41 PM

Thank you all for a great afternoon/evening. We had a wonderful time. It was good to see some of you again and to meet others for the first time.

We look forward to playing again in the near future. Ob-hippo, thanks for organizing and bringing the Seattle 'scaper community together.

obfuscatedhippo August 26th, 2010 09:12 PM

Hey Nomad,
Yes it was a great time! Glad you made it - and it was awesome that you brought two pre-assembled maps in your car! I need to figure out how to do that!

Thanks again to everyone that made it, shared terrain and let people try out the new figures!!!

The River of Blood was interesting .. but ended up being too long for a Game Day :( (though Utgar was 2-0!)

Peace,
*Kai

odbo255 September 3rd, 2010 10:46 AM

<Canceled due to lack of response...>

obfuscatedhippo September 7th, 2010 02:08 PM

Thanks to Felnar, Rob, Cory, and Joel for making it out to a holiday weekend Game Day at the domain of the Obfuscated Hippo!

We tried out some of the new figures (including Wyrmlings, the Iron Golem and some Shadow-Dancers). Cory and Joel were new players and got bold with an Elemental Re-birth army versus Marro Hive Re-birth. The Hive ended up winning, as Marro Stingers were able to pick off Fire Elementals before they could reach the Hive, but it was a good test for the Elementals.

I tried out an all-hero army of: Sonlen, Saylind, Rhogar and an Iron Golem -- which ended up being fairly effective when my 'Summoning' rolls worked. I got super-lucky with Sonlen late in the game to eek out a victory on a Tundra board versus the Dzu-Teh, a Greater Ice Elemental, a water Elemental and the Aubrien Archers (who failed to frenzy in the cold).

There were some other great games, and we have more 'Scape coming in 2 weeks at Third Place!

Peace,
*Kai

obfuscatedhippo September 7th, 2010 02:10 PM

NEXT GAME DAY = Saturday, September 18th at Third Place Commons.

This is our cooperative event .. with people bringing their own figures, and some volunteers for supplying maps. I should be there with at least 1 or 2 maps.

Plan to bring a 450-500 point army to continue the Battle of All Time!

Peace,
*Kai

obfuscatedhippo September 15th, 2010 09:47 PM

*bump* Reminder, this coming Saturday (Sept 18th, 2010) is the game day at Lake Forest Park.

Peace, *Kai

joe5joe7 September 15th, 2010 11:41 PM

Woah! You went and switched threads on me!

I should be there Saturday, unless something happens which I doubt. I can bring terrain if you need me too, but it would be easier to not.