Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dungeon Run - Coming Soon from Plaid Hat Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35395)

lafleurhero May 9th, 2011 06:18 PM

Re: Dungeon Run - Coming Soon from Plaid Hat Games

gonna have to get me a store demo of this. Uh, strickly for demoing sakes to get more sales. Yeah it is not because I really really want to play it. How about that demo copy?

Still waiting on that demo copy of Battleship Galaxies also.

Actually seriously if you do demo's the same way as FFG or other such companies do I will purchase both of them.

Aldin May 10th, 2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafleurhero (Post 1400443)
gonna have to get me a store demo of this. Uh, strickly for demoing sakes to get more sales. Yeah it is not because I really really want to play it. How about that demo copy?

Actually seriously if you do demo's the same way as FFG or other such companies do I will purchase both of them.

*chuckle*

And if you don't he's gonna report you to the Better Business Bureau :p

~Aldin, blackmailingly

lafleurhero May 10th, 2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 1400601)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lafleurhero (Post 1400443)

*chuckle*

And if you don't he's gonna report you to the Better Business Bureau :p

~Aldin, blackmailingly

No, this is something a lot of companies do for promotional reasons. The Dice Tower gets free games all the time for them to review. Some companies send games to stores for demo purposes for the cost of shipping only or for extremely discounted rates. People are much more likely to buy a game they have tried out first and learned the rules to than one that just has a nice looking box. It's the same reason grocery stores give out free samples of many products each day. Same reason I sell store T-shirts for less than it costs me to have them made. It is advertising and a huge part of retail business.

None of my complaints again WOTC had anything to do with this type of thing. I had just suggested something they could do to make up for the poor service they had given. They had the option, and seem to have decided, to do nothing. Which companies games am I more likely to carry and promote? Ones that work with small stores like FFG or those that don't?

Aldin May 10th, 2011 03:51 PM

Lighten up Francis.

~Aldin, quotingly

Dad_Scaper May 10th, 2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 1400796)
~Aldin, quotingly

You just made the list, buddy.

edit:
Can I expect this game to play well with 2? GB (or whomever) please say 'yes,' so I don't have to worry.

Thanks!

Greyelephant May 10th, 2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1400799)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 1400796)
~Aldin, quotingly

You just made the list, buddy.

edit:
Can I expect this game to play well with 2? GB (or whomever) please say 'yes,' so I don't have to worry.

Thanks!

Yes, that's my main concern as well.

truth May 16th, 2011 10:52 AM

http://www.summonerwars.com/DungeonRun-Rulebook.jpg

Download the Rules Here

The Dungeon Run rules are now available for download. This is your chance to find out what the game is all about.

You can pre-order now from the plaid hat games store: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/store.html

robbdaman May 16th, 2011 11:26 AM

That's a slick looking rulebook, the designer is really good, probably deserves a raise even. :p

Looks like its going to be a fun game, hope its a big hit. I can't wait to get my hands on the figures to paint.

quozl May 16th, 2011 11:36 AM

Looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!

This typo jumped out at me though and I hope it isn't too late to correct:

Optional Rule: Beg for Your Life
The rules allow heroes defeated before the endgame to keeping playing.

That should be keep.

truth May 16th, 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1404435)
Looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!

This typo jumped out at me though and I hope it isn't too late to correct:

Optional Rule: Beg for Your Life
The rules allow heroes defeated before the endgame to keeping playing.

That should be keep.

It isn't to late to fix. Thanks. I swear we look at this stuff before we put it up. :P

lafleurhero May 16th, 2011 12:56 PM

The rule book has me even more excited. It looks like some great game mechanics. I wouldn't be surprised if this game takes the place of Descent for me. I'm sure I will be pre-ordering from you for store inventory as well as maybe a copy for the store itself. I am going to need to order more Summoner wars as well. The things I ordered last time has mostly all sold, plus I know people are going to want the boxed set and the new reinforcement packs next month.

lefton4ya May 16th, 2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 1397796)
Or how about Origins? Since Truth will be there, maybe we can play a late night game in the hotel with him on a prototype version. I never really did any roll playing game other than Mafia/Werefolf (Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa lite) and certainly not a dungeon run game, but i'd be willing to try.

Will it be available for Demo at Origins and/or Gencon? Better yet maybe for sale pre-release or even the the Heroscape or Summoner wars champion can get one. Everyone can wish, can they.