Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Meet Other Scapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Washington/Oregon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=682)

Dellraun May 12th, 2006 01:27 PM

Washington/Oregon

Just looking for peeps to play with, preferably around the Puyallup/Tacoma area. Drop a message if interested.

bunjee May 28th, 2006 05:44 PM

Hey there, I'm in the Seattle area and know a few others that may be up for a game on occasion. Can you travel or would we need to come to you?

Mr. Underhill May 29th, 2006 01:48 AM

*sigh* :cry:

So dissapointed to find that this thread refers to WA (Washington) and not WA (Western Australia).

I should've known better though - Western WA would put me in the indian ocean or at the very least Rottnest Island.

Ciao!

Mr. Underhill

DVCBigGun June 5th, 2006 05:26 PM

Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR

Every so often we get some games going here in Vancouver, but it is hard to get everyone together as much as I would like. Wouldn't mind meeting some others to game with (preferable 21+ as I like to get tanked when i play HS).

bunjee June 20th, 2006 09:50 PM

I merged two threads and changed the title.

It seems like there are a few members in the western Oregon and Washington area. Besides the ones that posted here, there are also bushi96, YagyuNinja, MacG, MegadeV, and Norin that I saw in the memberlist.

I'm still trying to get some friends of mine to get on this site to more easily coordinate a game day. If you would be interested in a gathering, even if it might involve driving a few hours, post in this thread.

yagyuninja June 26th, 2006 05:19 PM

I would be interested in a gathering.

I live in Eugene now, so it is quite a ways to seattle. I've done the trip many times in the past though, and I currently have a brother-in-law up there so it would be fun to do a combination visit.

Also, I was thinking of coming up there anyway around the end of august to go PAX (the Penny-Arcade Expo). Maybe we could set something up around then.

Faustus July 25th, 2006 07:34 PM

Seattle?

Looking for anybody in the Seattle area who plays Heroscape...

bunjee July 26th, 2006 12:30 AM

There are a few people on the board, I moved your thread to the Washington/Oregon thread.

How long have you been playing? What area of Seattle? Do you get to play much now?

DoesntCompute July 26th, 2006 02:12 AM

How's about Eastern WA? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

CornPuff July 26th, 2006 02:57 AM

My girlfriend is moving to Bellvue! She's a regular player, and will be moving sometime a little before Gencon. It'd be real nice of you scapers to throw a little party sometime, even though I might not be there :-D. This is a developing situation, but all you seattle folk should know you'll soon have one more player in the area.

bunjee July 26th, 2006 03:01 AM

Where in Eastern WA? That is a lot of territory :)

And Cornpuff, should I send my sympathies your way that the girlfriend is moving here? Is she also going to Gencon? Does she have an account on scapers? Bellevue isn't too far away...

At this rate, we might even get a gathering going.

CornPuff July 26th, 2006 03:37 AM

Yeah, its going to be kinda rough, but I expect I'll be able to move out to seattle in a month or so, so I'm not too worried.

She doesn't have an account on scapers, but I'll bug her to get one. She was planning to be at Gencon, but now she probably won't be able to go, because of this sudden job switcheroo. But, she really likes this new job, its with a company called UIEvolution which is owned by the legendary Square Enix (think Final Fantasy), so its a good kind of change.

Ursas July 26th, 2006 08:46 PM

Nub

So is there a group of Seattlites that get together to play this game?

bunjee July 26th, 2006 08:52 PM

Re: Nub

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ursas
So is there a group of Seattlites that get together to play this game?

Not as yet, there has suddenly been activity on this thread that indicates there might be some more people around to play.

I've found some people by hanging out in Toys 'r us, it is nice to see some on this board.

I live not to far from Northgate mall in seattle. My boyfriend and I like to play Heroscape, though he is away right now. I work way too much so games can be hard to get it, I'm usually able to do something on a weekend.

How 'bout the rest of you chat up?

Codeman July 26th, 2006 08:59 PM

I'll be in Seattle for a week following Gen-Con. I'll be staying downtown don't know how much time I'll have, (meetings during the day) but if it works out I wouldn't mind playing a little HS too, it it works out.

See ya at Gen-Con or PM me if interested

bunjee July 26th, 2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codeman
I'll be in Seattle for a week following Gen-Con. I'll be staying downtown don't know how much time I'll have, (meetings during the day) but if it works out I wouldn't mind playing a little HS too, it it works out.

See ya at Gen-Con or PM me if interested

Hey Codeman, I'm not sure If I responded to your pm, but I figured we'd chat at Gencon.

Faustus July 26th, 2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunjee

How long have you been playing? What area of Seattle? Do you get to play much now?

I've been playing maybe 6 months. I play about once a week, but wouldn't mind playing more and maybe having some larger games.

I'm the only person in my play group who buys product (as I'm the one who introduced everyone to it), so once in a while I host "release" events where we all throw in a bit of cash with some sort of prize at the end. I'll bust out whatever expansion I just bought and have some sort of special rules that appy for that day (like that expansion is cheaper to draft or something...)

I live in the Central District...south of Capital Hill, East of Downtown, etc.

Faustus July 26th, 2006 10:27 PM

Is there a Gencon in/near Seattle? Or is it just in CA?

MacG July 27th, 2006 12:56 AM

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm as far as you can get from Seattle on the South axis. Fourteen more miles, and I'd be in California. I keep thinking about challenging Reaper to a game, but I think he'd tear my neck out after all the disagreeing with him I do.

bunjee July 27th, 2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faustus

Gencon happens in two places in America, a smaller event in California, and a large event in Indianapolis. The Seattle/Gencon discussion is because Codeman is traveling to Seattle after Gencon is over.

When I'm more coherent, I'll post more, seems like we may be able to get a group together in mid-august.

Codeman July 27th, 2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faustus

I was refering to the Gen-Con that is now held in Indianapolis, IN ( used to be in Wisconsin ) - Less than 2 weeks away!

philthephreak July 29th, 2006 03:14 AM

Yo peeps, bunjee just told me about this thread so I thought I'd join in. I'm down for a game in August after Gencon if we can make it happen! I won't be at Gencon, as I just had a new baby boy! Too bad he's too little to play yet. :P

Anyway, I typically play with the UW students I work with, but I also have a few friends in the area (up past Northgate) that play. I've got at least one of every set, so that should add to the gaming fun. Let me know when you guys are playing and I'll invite them too.

It'll be fun to see what you snag at GenCon! If they give out any freebies this year I'd be more than happy to pay for a figure if someone can score me one!

CornPuff July 29th, 2006 03:28 AM

Alright, My girlfriend just signed the contract, so things are a bit more final.

She and I will leave Indianapolis on the 12th, and find our way to seattle on by the 16h of August. I'll be able to stay in Seattle through the weekend, and she'll be there on a more permanent basis.

I'd be open to a game on friday, saturday or sunday of the week after Gencon.

philthephreak July 29th, 2006 03:28 AM

I forgot to mention, I met one person at the Northgate TRU one time... Erica.

Anyone know her? She was awesome. I helped her demo the game on a Saturday when they did the Nerak giveaway and she was gracious enough to give me a couple of extra Neraks!

BTW, hey Faustus, I bet we're like 5 minutes from each other. I live in Montlake just south of 520.

Hopefully all of us will get to meet up after Gencon! I'm free in August.

bunjee July 29th, 2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philthephreak

Anyone know her? She was awesome. I helped her demo the game on a Saturday when they did the Nerak giveaway and she was gracious enough to give me a couple of extra Neraks!

BTW, hey Faustus, I bet we're like 5 minutes from each other. I live in Montlake just south of 520.

Bwahahaaaa! Then $10 bucks says that you saw Elstree and me that Saturday. We weren't doing anything about demoing the game, but we did get at least one person to drop around $100 on it after Elstree talked to him for awhile.

Erica is great people. She and her husband are the people that Elstree and I play with on occasion. We have another person that we play with, but he has a more difficult schedule to coordinate with. I need to drop him an email again.

I'm going to be out of town for the two first weekends of August and I'm booked up this weekend. We should start setting something up for the weekend after Gencon.

I started a thread with a poll for a potential game day, lets see if we can do this!
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1457

brotharon August 4th, 2006 05:17 PM

Hey, I live up in Lake Stevens...and I gotz a buddy over in Everett...anyway, we just started playing, but maybe it would be cool to get a big azz group together for some HS....Keep this thread alive...!

bunjee August 4th, 2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotharon
Hey, I live up in Lake Stevens...and I gotz a buddy over in Everett...anyway, we just started playing, but maybe it would be cool to get a big azz group together for some HS....Keep this thread alive...!

Come join the party!

fuzzysadist August 10th, 2006 03:34 PM

I've just started playing Heroscape in the last few weeks, but we're playing fairly regularly up in Everett, Wa. Anyone else in the area?

Fuzzy

Kane August 11th, 2006 03:17 AM

Quote:

Heheh...I actually worked with her for about a month and a half. That was my first job upon coming (back) to Seattle. I'm in the central area (Capitol Hill) but have NO problem coming up to Northgate for a game. I bet you Fire and Sword Hobbies would let us set up an ongoing group.

fuzzysadist August 12th, 2006 06:02 AM

Just a note... I went to a place in Seattle today called "Comics Dungeon"... they sell heroclix singles for a buck a piece (the common ones at least)... the box I sorted out was about 2 cubic feet of miniatures. Great if you want some agent miniatures, or to try your hand at customizing super heros. I grabbed about 10... including a hellboy, a ghost rider, wolverine etc.

bunjee August 14th, 2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane
Quote:

Heheh...I actually worked with her for about a month and a half. That was my first job upon coming (back) to Seattle. I'm in the central area (Capitol Hill) but have NO problem coming up to Northgate for a game. I bet you Fire and Sword Hobbies would let us set up an ongoing group.

Hey Kane, are you one of the group that gets together with Erica for some HS on occasion? Have you seen the Seattle game day thread yet? I'm getting set to have way too many people at my house to play heroscape this weekend!

Kane August 14th, 2006 02:12 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't even know Erica had a HS group! I haven't seen her since I quit TRU. I'll see if I can make it out to the event this weekend, though! I'll get myself registered once I talk it over with my SO.

Zincdust August 17th, 2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoesntCompute
How's about Eastern WA? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Me me me!! I live in the Tri-Cities! :D

KaimasterJoe August 19th, 2006 01:44 PM

Seattle Area

Anybody live in Seattle Area and looking for a game?

philthephreak August 19th, 2006 11:58 PM

Man, you seriously just missed a big game day today at bunjees place. I didn't make it but supposedly there were a lot of people there!

Ursas August 20th, 2006 02:38 PM

Yep. It was great. Lots of People ( about 12 I think ). Very nice mellow group.We all played about 2-3 games each. Too bad you missed. Maybe next time.

James

brotharon August 21st, 2006 11:55 AM

Yay, next time!

brotharon August 25th, 2006 11:26 AM

^^^^^ Your avatar makes me feel yucky....:(

When is the next get together, we are only gonna have so much sun left this year for outdoor gaming...

bunjee August 25th, 2006 11:42 AM

Hmm, good question. I can't host this weekend, but maybe next, not sure how many of you will be out of town on the 3 day weekend.

There is a chance I won't be available on the Labor day weekend either, depends on work.

If anyone else is up for hosting, I may be able to join for a bit. I have to try and do the Friday thing sometime. Not today though. :cry:

brotharon August 25th, 2006 12:20 PM

It is cool, I am just looking forward to the next one. I have 4 master sets and the tundra set...as well as all of the wave 5 sets now...and I want to play them...

JanderSunstar August 26th, 2006 05:07 PM

I will post here too

Ellian and I want to play this evening, or tomorrow evening (tonight would be better because i have a doc appoint @ 7:45, but its at swedish so not terribly far away) if anyone is up for it. We live south of Franklin HS.

Quote:

Unfortunately, I didn't even know Erica had a HS group! I haven't seen her since I quit TRU. I'll see if I can make it out to the event this weekend, though! I'll get myself registered once I talk it over with my SO
Umm... Who are you? You worked at TRU with me? please help my memory!

KaimasterJoe August 28th, 2006 01:40 PM

I live in kitsap so its the other side of the sound but interested. I would prefer meeting in some public place as to I dont know any of you personally yet and would not be right to go to people houses.

bunjee August 28th, 2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaimasterJoe
I live in kitsap so its the other side of the sound but interested. I would prefer meeting in some public place as to I dont know any of you personally yet and would not be right to go to people houses.

I understand you not being comfortable with going to a stranger's home. We haven't yet done Heroscape in a "public" place, keep an eye on this thread and perhaps there will be something.

kenjib August 28th, 2006 09:47 PM

Wooo! Hey everyone. I'm up in Camano Island - about an hour and 15 north of Seattle. About an hour from Everett. I'd be willing to drive down occassionally to play. I do D&D in Everett roughly every other week anyway.

JanderSunstar August 30th, 2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

I would prefer meeting in some public place as to I dont know any of you personally yet and would not be right to go to people houses
I was thinking about that too, but I couldnt think of any good places to have one...
There arent too many gaming stores, but maybe at Fire and Sword, or Gary's games and Hobbies....
I dont know if Berzerk would let us use their space, otherwise we would have to look at renting, or a church/school somplace.. hint hint

bunjee August 31st, 2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanderSunstar
Quote:

I would prefer meeting in some public place as to I dont know any of you personally yet and would not be right to go to people houses
I was thinking about that too, but I couldnt think of any good places to have one...
There arent too many gaming stores, but maybe at Fire and Sword, or Gary's games and Hobbies....
I dont know if Berzerk would let us use their space, otherwise we would have to look at renting, or a church/school somplace.. hint hint

hint taken, not really an option, sorry.

I'll keep my thoughts working on a good public place.

greyalien007 August 31st, 2006 02:19 AM

Scapers in Everret/Seattle/Tacoma

Yo, new to the board, been playing awhile tho. I live in Monroe work in Redmond. Always up for a game if I can swing the schedule (damn children in the way! ; ) ).

Anyway, I can host, I can travel, I've got all the stuff. I'd probably be a good addition to heroscape festivities. If ya got something going give me an invite.

I have a couple high school friends that play whenever, a friend through a friend and 2 old work friends that all play somewhat regularly in my area. I also have 3 or 4 friends that play in Tacoma. I can raise an army of about 10 scapers. All conflicting schedules of coarse...anyway, happy scaping ; )

Also, as a side note, I've got an extra hawthorne and would like another nerak, anyone want to trade gencon promos for gencon promos?

Faustus August 31st, 2006 07:15 PM

I think Fire and Sword and Gary's Games and Hobbies are both possiblities.

There's also Cardhaus in Lynnwood. And Monster Gaming in Burien that both might work as well...

Does anybody know if these places have general gaming night or will we have to call around and see what their policies are?