Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Prowl (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56069)

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:04 PM

The Book of Prowl

The Book of Prowl

C3G IDW SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 72
START YOUR ENGINES!

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rowl_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Prowl_mini.png
Mini PDF

Alternate Art Cards

The figure used for this unit is a Hasbro figure from the CYBERVERSE set.
Its model name is Prowl.

Character Bio - I don't want to lead. I don't need public approval. My goal, is to put all my resources into winning this war. That's the way it should be for a number cruncher like me. But with Kup, everyone wants to hear what he has to say. So now when he speaks...

...you won't even see my lips move.

(All Hail Megatron V4, Page 57)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Prowl is a double-based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Cybertronian, Prowl has these Cybertronian Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Prowl has these Super Strength Synergies.
  • As a Strategist with the Super Strength special power, Soundwave's Relay Orders special power allows him to move Order Markers from his card to another card you control.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Prowl may add or subtract from your initiative roll for each Order Marker on Leader, Scout, or Soldier Unique Hero cards you control.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Bumblebee's Slug Bug Scout Special Power allows him to move both revealed or unrevealed Order Markers from his card to the card of another Cybertronian card you control. Since Prowl's Guided Missile Strike 15 power requires a revealed Order Marker to be on his card to use, this can be a particularly good pairing of Autobot allies.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:05 PM

Re: The Book of Prowler

NAME = PROWL

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STRATEGIST
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 14

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 270

MILITARY COORDINATOR
If there are no more than two Order Markers on any one card in your army, you may add or subtract 1 from your initiative roll for each Order Marker on the card of a Unique Hero you control that is a Commando, Leader, Scout, or Soldier, up to a maximum of 3.

ACID PELLET RIFLE
Immediately after a non-adjacent figure rolls defense dice against Prowl's normal attack, you may subtract a shield from the results.

GUIDED MISSILE STRIKE 15
At the end of the round, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may choose any space within 4 spaces of a figure you control and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, any figure occupying the chosen space and within clear sight of a figure you control receives one wound. After using this special power, you may use it one additional time.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Lazy Orang August 13th, 2019 05:05 PM

I think you mean Prowl, chap. Prowler's done. :razz:

MrNobody August 13th, 2019 05:14 PM

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:19 PM

I'll measure his height and post it up later. I can go through my Humble Bundle and see if I can find a good comic art image for him. Already own the figure, so figure pics will get taken care of soon as well. Just not sure on the background for the figure. Maybe put him in front of a police station since he's a cop car in his alt form? Or put try to find some high tech futuristic looking city scene to pretend like it could be Cybertron?

For those of you who were not following along in the workshop thread, Prime is a Leader, Bumble Bee is a Scout, and several of his Autobot allies like Kup would be a Soldier. Plus the GI Joe team will have Soldiers too and Cap is a Soldier, so it hits some of the key cross over team-ups well in addition to the Autobot pairings. Initiative bonus starts out strong at up to +8 if he doesn't get any of the OM's, but then starts to drop as his pre-battle plans go off the rails and he has to get more directly invovled. Bee can hook him up with a revealed OM for his missiles early game. Concept for the Acid Pellet Gun is the acid burns/eats through one shield of defense no matter it source. So a rolled shield or auto-shield doesn't matter, he can negate either kind. Makes him a decent option for Prime's attack boosts as a result.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:20 PM

Hey, now I haven't posted this link up yet it's still under construction here!

Lazy Orang August 13th, 2019 05:24 PM

Re: The Book of Prowl

Should his move be higher? Chap can turn into a car. The Sports Car's Move 8.
I don't think alt-modes necessarily need to be in the powers all the time, but they should definitely be reflected in the stats where applicable.

MrNobody August 13th, 2019 05:25 PM

I’ll be interested to see him in an Avengers army with Cap, Bucky and Ms. Marvel.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:29 PM

I'm open to an increased move as a way to just bake in the cop car alt mode. He will often be chilling in reserve early game, so once he does need to enter the fray it only makes sense that he'll use the cop car mode to race forward into the action a bit quicker.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2304527)
I’ll be interested to see him in an Avengers army with Cap, Bucky and Ms. Marvel.

Yup, Bucky gets the X in that scenario. Should be a fun army build to try out for sure.

quozl August 13th, 2019 05:34 PM

I'd like something more car-related here like maybe something called PURSUIT MODE where he can go after someone and not take LEAs.

Lazy Orang August 13th, 2019 05:35 PM

90% of all Autobots are going to be cars. Not all of them need a car power, IMO.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 05:40 PM

Ms. Marvel/Cap/Bucky/Prowl@250 would get you up to 900, so maybe Dazzler for the last 100 points and try stacking the two defense lowering powers when he attacks?

We debated the merits of a pursuit kind of power vs. a strategist power after the two weapon powers, ended up going with the strategist angle here as the cop car mode is more of just a generic disguise than actual character theme outside of him serving in law enforcement before the civil war broke out. He doesn't routinely chase anyone in the comics (Marvel or IDW) or cartoons.

MrNobody August 13th, 2019 05:53 PM

I’d probably go with anyone who can cause some damage or have an effect. Dazzler sounds solid cause she could allow Ms. M to follow up on her razzle dazzle with an attack. Leatherface could be a fun one too, doubling down on the initiative advantage while doling out some cheap hits.

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2304534)
Ms. Marvel/Cap/Bucky/Prowl@250 would get you up to 900, so maybe Dazzler for the last 100 points and try stacking the two defense lowering powers when he attacks?

We debated the merits of a pursuit kind of power vs. a strategist power after the two weapon powers, ended up going with the strategist angle here as the cop car mode is more of just a generic disguise than actual character theme outside of him serving in law enforcement before the civil war broke out. He doesn't routinely chase anyone in the comics (Marvel or IDW) or cartoons.

Fwiw, 8 Move (which I support thematically) probably moves you up to about 270 starting cost.

Only thing I question in the SP is Calculating as a personality. It might be OK, since he's a robot, but that personality usually scans as "evil schemer," IMO.

Soundwarp SG-1 August 13th, 2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2304545)

Only thing I question in the SP is Calculating as a personality. It might be OK, since he's a robot, but that personality usually scans as "evil schemer," IMO.

IDW Prowl is an evil schemer. :lol:

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 07:20 PM

Ah OK. I thought this was a good guy.

Lazy Orang August 13th, 2019 07:22 PM

From what I've gleaned from the conversation surrounding him, he sounds like he's basically a nasty piece of work who happens to be on the right side of the war?
Not how he was in the cartoons, of course. I'm not sure he even had a personality. :)

Soundwarp SG-1 August 13th, 2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2304573)
Ah OK. I thought this was a good guy.

He is an Autobot, so he’s working for the ‘good’ team. But Autobot=Pure Good, Decepticon= Pure Bad isn’t a thing even in the cartoons. A lot of Autobots are kinda jerks etc. IDW Prowl has commited and covered up multiple war crimes. Marvel and Cartoon Prowls didn’t have a lot of screen time... but like the best Prowl gets to is ‘well meaning prick’. He’s like Cyclops in that way come to think of it. :lol:

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 07:49 PM

Gotcha. :up:

Soundwarp SG-1 August 13th, 2019 07:51 PM

Here's a good comic page summing up later day IDW 2005 Prowl (his characterization on how honest he was about his colossal assholeness to himself varied between writers):

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...ToRemember.jpg

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 08:47 PM

I'm okay if the points trend up some, I was initially shooting for anywhere in the 250-280 range. A significant chunk higher than Bee (50+ points), but even more significantly lower than Prime (100+ points). If he's closer than 50/100 to Bee/Prime then I'd want to make adjustments.

johnny139 August 13th, 2019 09:53 PM

Man, I need to dig into that Transformers Humble Bundle I got...

With zero context for the character, I think he looks fine. I kind of feel like Acid Pellet Rifle should be a special attack? And I think Calculated Moves needs a better name... it feels VERY specific with the classes being called out and should really have a specific name to match. Does he have a specific role in his team? Would something like "AUTOBOT VANGUARD" work?

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 10:00 PM

Alternate name I had was Autobot Strategist, not married to either name. Thought the more generic one would allow for it to be re-used on another figure (maybe someone from GI Joe?), once you toss Autobot into the name it's a one card use power. Don't know if that matters to anyone. Making his rifle a SA works in opposition to Prime boosting the normal attacks or allies.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 10:13 PM

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/80...k8cqi98v6g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/85...20q4boji6g.jpg

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 10:35 PM

*edit* Forgot I found this one a while back.

http://westfieldcomics.com/wow/art/b...7_06-mv113.jpg

and quozl found this one:

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...e-NewProwl.jpg

Kup pics:
Spoiler Alert!

quozl August 13th, 2019 10:44 PM

How's this one?

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...e-NewProwl.jpg

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 10:52 PM

Wow, he looks pretty hard core there. I think that would work. Did you just find that with a image search?

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 10:54 PM

Here you go! :-P
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...7043-prowl.jpg

More seriously, might want to go through the options on ComicVine. quozl may have given you the best already, though.

quozl August 13th, 2019 10:55 PM

Yep!

Soundwarp SG-1 August 13th, 2019 11:25 PM

Yeah, not too worried about finding cool pictures of Prowl. He has plenty.

Definitely making an alt table-flipping Prowl card too.

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...flipstable.jpg

Table-Flipping is his thing.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 11:25 PM

This one looks pretty good too:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...astrotrain.jpg

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2304675)
Yeah, not too worried about finding cool pictures of Prowl. He has plenty.

Definitely making an alt table-flipping Prowl card too.

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...flipstable.jpg

Table-Flipping is his thing.

Alright, well if you don't need me to link anything specific in the FP for comic art then, I'll just link that post I made with the Kup images so I can easily find them months from now. I should be able to remember I stored them here.

Still don't have any good image background ideas, so please share if you have one.

japes August 14th, 2019 12:14 AM

I have some digital versions of IDW Transformers so if you know an issue I can see if I can get a higher res image if needed.

Lazy Orang August 14th, 2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2304655)
Alright I went to the Prowl short story looking for some images, these are the best options I saw. Most of his panels are covered in text boxes. Not sure how big an image you need for the card art so let me know if any of these will work @Soundwarp SG-1 , if they don't then I'll continue looking. Also on a side note these pages do have some great art option for Kup when/if we get around to carding him!

Middle left image is small but pretty clean of text boxes.

I fully intend getting to Kup someday. :)

Yodaking August 14th, 2019 12:14 PM

I won't stop you. I'd consider even running him myself if you didn't, but mini options are going to be tough.

Soundwarp SG-1 August 14th, 2019 12:19 PM

I have a Kup toy if y’all need pics. Not the newer one that has his classic ‘space pick-up’ alt mode, but mine still looks plenty like Kup.

Yodaking August 14th, 2019 12:42 PM

My question with all these things is about scale. Is your Kup bigger then the official Prime figure?

Lazy Orang August 14th, 2019 12:50 PM

Maybe it's a combination of figure scarcity and the fact that the cartoon's animation consistency was... non-existant, but I honestly don't care that much about 'scale' when it comes to Transformers. :)

Soundwarp SG-1 August 14th, 2019 12:50 PM

He’s a deluxe size class, so should be right around the same size. Wreck-Gar got in, and all deluxe class figures are basically the same height, so I assume he’d be fine. I can try to find him and get some pics next to the Walmart Soundwave I have at some point today.

Yodaking August 14th, 2019 05:57 PM

24 hours have passed so I updated the SP with a move of 8. Pretty happy with everything else as is. So I propose Prowl for Initial PT. Won't get to it for a while, I have a HS event going on this weekend and then a public test I'm signed up for too, but I'd like to keep moving forward here.

YK - yea
T - yea
Q - yea
SG-1 - yea
LO - yea

Tornado August 14th, 2019 06:13 PM

Re: The Book of Prowl - Vote Initial PT

Yes

quozl August 14th, 2019 06:14 PM

Why does nobody vote Nay to their own proposal? It would be much more funny.

Yea

Soundwarp SG-1 August 14th, 2019 06:16 PM

Yea

Lazy Orang August 14th, 2019 06:21 PM

Yea

IAmBatman August 14th, 2019 07:46 PM

This passes.

Yodaking August 14th, 2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2305078)
This passes.

I thought I'd wait on time in case you came in with a Hold vote waiting for the checklists. But since you just declared it as having passed without asking for them, you'll never get a check list from me!!! :)

IAmBatman August 14th, 2019 08:04 PM

Then you'll never have my vote, sir!