Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ninjak (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55836)

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 08:11 PM

The Book of Ninjak

The Book of Ninjak

C3G VALIANT SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 71
VALIANT UNITY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...njak_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...injak_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Modified Heroclix figure from the DC Rebirth set.
Its model number and name are #002 / Jericho.

Tutorial on How to Paint/Mod this Figure

Character Bio - Ninjak, or Ninja-K is the latest in the line of agents in MI-6's Ninja Programme. He is a millionaire playboy who acts as both agent and mercenary. Colin was raised primarily by the family butler, as he was born to two MI-6 spies. Early on in his MI-6 career, he fell in love with his trainer Angelina Alcott, who was later killed by assassins connected to the Undead Monk.

Ninjak has worked with the Unity team as a member, and has on multiple occasions worked with MI-6 consultant Punk Mambo to venture into or combat the forces from the Deadside. He single handedly took down the Shadow Seven, a cabal of assassins, spies, and secret agents all with mystical training from the Undead Monk, training which was endured by both Ninjak himself and his former handler Angelina.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 08:13 PM

Re: The Book of Ninjak (Design Phase)

NAME = NINJAK
SECRET IDENTITY = COLIN KING

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 230

INFILTRATION GEAR
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ninjak, count one space for the first four levels and only count one space for each four levels after the first four. You may ignore Ninjak’s height of 5 when climbing. Ninjak never takes falling damage or major falling damage. When Ninjak moves, he does not take leaving engagement attacks.

PRECISION SHURIKEN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. If you roll at least one blank, you may ignore this attack and inflict a wound on the targeted figure. When Ninjak attacks with this special attack, he may attack one additional time with this special attack. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

TACTICAL PRESSURE
After Ninjak or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Ninjak receives a wound, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, after revealing an Order Marker on a card you control, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may take a turn with Ninjak. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, when Ninjak attacks with a normal attack, count all blanks rolled as additional skulls.

Early Versions:
Spoiler Alert!

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 08:14 PM

Comic Art:

Background Art:

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 08:15 PM

Mini Pics:

Mini Painting Tutorial

Spoiler Alert!

johnny139 May 29th, 2019 09:08 PM

I like him. :up: Might consider going up to 3 attacks with Precision Shuriken, now that it's pretty exclusively a crowd control power. In exchange, maybe cut the free movement from his Improv, which is valuable in game but feels a little superfluous.

For what it's worth - Helm of Invisibility is already subtitled "Phantom Walk." Not alternatives springing to mind at the moment.

Yodaking May 29th, 2019 09:10 PM

It'll be interesting to see how giving anyone disengage might effect some figures.

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2285601)
I like him. :up: Might consider going up to 3 attacks with Precision Shuriken, now that it's pretty exclusively a crowd control power. In exchange, maybe cut the free movement from his Improv, which is valuable in game but feels a little superfluous.

For what it's worth - Helm of Invisibility is already subtitled "Phantom Walk." Not alternatives springing to mind at the moment.

I can get on board with that change.

I could see tweaking the glyph a tad to give it more of a niche (and its own subtitle).

IAmBatman May 29th, 2019 10:00 PM

Is there a reason that anybody who has the glyph can't lose it and not just this guy?

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 10:09 PM

They are added to/built into the suit, so its not really something that can get knocked out of his hands.

quozl May 29th, 2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordVenoc (Post 2285637)
They are added to/built into the suit, so its not really something that can get knocked out of his hands.

Then I would change that last line to:

Quote:

Ninjak cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds. When he is destroyed, also destroy these glyphs.

Ronin May 29th, 2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordVenoc (Post 2285637)

Hmm. This is making me think maybe they should just be built into the card instead of being glyphs?

Dig the design, though. :up:

LordVenoc May 29th, 2019 10:16 PM

I could be persuaded to either approach. I definitely think he needs to have disengage, and I generally disliked a 4 power approach here, so I preferred folding it into an E-Glyph.

A destroyed with Ninjak clause would really just be for the reflectors. He can drop the pellets when he dies.