Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Karat's Public R&D Lab (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55545)

Karat February 10th, 2019 09:51 AM

Karat's Public R&D Lab

I figured it was time I started one of these.

Predator X
Thunderbird
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2&postcount=49
Mercury
Dark Beast
Agent Sitwell
Puma
Nighthawk
Longshot

Feedback is always welcome.

P.S. don't give up on a discussion just because you get pushback, but be reasonable. We're all friendly, passionate, fans here :cool:

Karat February 10th, 2019 09:53 AM

Re: Karat's Public R&D Lab

Here's one from when I was a sidekick that I just dusted off and revamped for your viewing pleasure.
Quote:

https://screenrant.com/wp-content/up...es-Carrion.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...pqoeWIVJCoWNDw
http://www.hcrealms.com/units/asm038.jpg
NAME = CARRION

SECRET IDENTITY = MALCOLM MCBRIDE

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = TORMENTED(INSANE?)

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

DUST-OF-DEATH
After moving and before attacking, you may either:
  • Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Carrion, or
  • Roll the 2020-sided die for any one figure up to 3 clear sight spaces away.
If you roll 19 or higher, that figure is destroyed.

DEGENERATIVE TOUCH
If a figure receives 1 or more wounds from Carrion's normal attack, roll a combat die for each wound that figure received this turn. For each skull you roll, that figure receives 1 additional wound. Androids, and Constructs are not affected by Degeneratove touch.

MrNobody February 10th, 2019 10:02 AM

Is Dust of Death a thematically needed name? Hasbro Red Skull has Dust-Of-Death, which is technically different but still slightly confusing. Judge Mortis also has a Decaying Touch that works very similar to the one you have here. I think it's no problem to have both, just thought I'd mention it.

Ronin February 10th, 2019 10:10 AM

The powerset looks a little more 'original Carrion' than Malcom McBride Carrion to me, in which case he should be a Clone without a secret identity. (EDIT: Or maybe a secret identity of Miles Warren. You could sell me either way)

Karat February 10th, 2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2253565)
Is Dust of Death a thematically needed name? Hasbro Red Skull has Dust-Of-Death, which is technically different but still slightly confusing. Judge Mortis also has a Decaying Touch that works very similar to the one you have here. I think it's no problem to have both, just thought I'd mention it.

Well for Dust of Death we just went with the multiple figures option here. I'm fine with a different name, just couldn't exactly think of one.

As for the other, I had it as a D-20 roll that could be repeated till last night, but it was meant to be different than Mortis' hense the name differential.

Karat February 10th, 2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2253567)
The powerset looks a little more 'original Carrion' than Malcom McBride Carrion to me, in which case he should be a Clone without a secret identity.

I really don't know the character all that well. I was mostly going for the most iconic version of the character as portrayed by his wiki pages, so any theme insight on their differences is more than welcome.

Ronin February 10th, 2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2253570)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2253567)
The powerset looks a little more 'original Carrion' than Malcom McBride Carrion to me, in which case he should be a Clone without a secret identity.

I really don't know the character all that well. I was mostly going for the most iconic version of the character as portrayed by his wiki pages, so any theme insight on their differences is more than welcome.

Sure thing. The first Carrion was a clone of Miles Warren gone wrong, that popped up after the original Clone Saga in the 70s. The second was Malcom McBride, a student who was mutated into Carrion by exposure to Miles' work.

It's been a long time, but I remember Malcom McBride as flying around and floating through stuff a lot, and I'm not sure if we saw "Miles" doing that as much. Might be a question for @Spidey'tilIDie

IAmBatman February 10th, 2019 10:59 AM

Does his Dust of Death work in the same way as Red Skull's? Would a straight up power reuse make sense here?

Karat February 10th, 2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2253573)
Does his Dust of Death work in the same way as Red Skull's? Would a straight up power reuse make sense here?

from the Comicvine version of Miles (which im starting to lean towards):
Quote:

Carrion's main power was his deadly touch. On contact, his skin disintegrates any and all organic matter on contact. Carrion also used a red dust that killed the victim. The dust, known as the Red Dust of Death. The dust can cause pain, unconsciousness, or a choking death, and sometimes shows acidic and flesh-eating properties as well.

As well as this, he could reduce the density of his body and had super strength, telepathy, levitation, telekinesis of anything organic and teleportation. When Carrion teleports, he leaves behind a cloud of brimstone. Carrion also possesses the ability to became intangible, and rapidly regenerates from injury. Carrion is immune to several forms of detection, including Spider-Man's precognitive spider-sense
So maybe we should call it "Red Dust of Death"?

{edit} It's quite a bit different actually, now that I look at it again. DUST-OF-DEATH only effects all adjacent figures or 1 figure within 3 spaces of Red Skull and auto destroys them with a d-20 roll. This one affects all figures within 3 spaces and just gives a wound if you roll a skull on a combat die, might want to up that to make it more like a Dust of Death.

IAmBatman February 10th, 2019 11:51 AM

Yeah, but if they both have a "dust" that kills people on contact, why not just reuse the preexisting power? I guess that's what I'm asking.

Karat February 10th, 2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2253584)
Yeah, but if they both have a "dust" that kills people on contact, why not just reuse the preexisting power? I guess that's what I'm asking.

I mean, we could, and I guess it plus Degenerative would both still be useful. I was mostly trying to balance the design more.

Also after reviewing the wiki it looks as though Density Control and a levitating version of Aerial Advantage (I'm sure we have on just can't think of it right now) might also be appropriate here as well as SS.

{Edit} Found it. It's actually called Levitation and it's from Dhalism.

Karat February 10th, 2019 12:25 PM

NAME = CARRION

SECRET IDENTITY = MILES WARREN

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

LEVITATION
Carrion is considered to have height advantage over any figure without the Aerial Advantage, Flying, or Levitation special power whose base is no more than 2 levels above his base. Carrion does not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles he moves onto or occupies.

DENSITY CONTROL
Carrion can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Carrion cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Carrion may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

RED DUST OF DEATH
Once per game, instead of attacking normally, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, all figures within 3 spaces of Carrion receive 3 wounds. If you do not, after attacking a figure with Carrion's normal attack, roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each wound it received this turn.