Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Fan Art & Fiction (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   C3V Bio Writing Contest! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55789)

Pumpkin_King May 8th, 2019 09:07 PM

C3V Bio Writing Contest!

Welcome, authors, writers, and those who just dabble.

At C3V, we've noticed that, in the hustle and bustle of unit creation, a lot of units have gone without an important part: an official bio. Instead of keeping the fun of that to ourselves, we've decided to open up the writing to all of you.

Your task: find C3V units that have no bio, and write one. That's it! The submissions have a chance to featured in an upcoming Codex issue, and the winner(s) will become canon to that C3V unit.

PM me with your submission in a few days (to let me empty my inbox!). The deadline is the end of the month! We're excited to see your contributions to C3V canon!

TheAverageFan May 8th, 2019 11:15 PM

Re: C3V Bio Writing Contest!

Write the official bio, you say? You'll be hearing from me.

~TAF

Sir Heroscape May 9th, 2019 11:24 AM

Ooooo, VERY cool. This should be fun :-)

Lazy Orang May 9th, 2019 11:51 AM

Oh, wow! :) This is definitely my kind of thing.
Is this C3V exclusive or are SoV units without bios also eligible?
Is there a list of characters lacking bios?

superfrog May 9th, 2019 11:59 AM

If you have an SoV unit you'd like to write for, I'd reach out to the creator first if possible. But otherwise, I can't see why not!

EDIT: and no, there isn't a list, but it's pretty much every unit after wave 15 or 16.

Astroking112 May 9th, 2019 12:05 PM

I'd normally be very interested in this, but it'll be difficult to get something that I'm happy with by the end of the month with my finals going on right now and the SoV Judge application due at the same time. If this happens again in the future, I hope that I'll be able to participate then.

superfrog May 9th, 2019 12:06 PM

This is the sort of thing that should be quite easy to repeat. We haven't set that in stone yet, but if this goes well, I could totally see it happening regularly.

Astroking112 May 9th, 2019 12:20 PM

That's great to hear. If there are more, I'll definitely try to participate when the timing works out for me. :)

Pumpkin_King May 9th, 2019 12:25 PM

Yep, like SF said. I can totally imagine this happening again, especially considering the amount of units without bios

TGRF May 9th, 2019 01:04 PM

I would totally be down for this, if I weren't moving. Hopefully we can run this again next month.

And thanks to PK for bringing some life into the forum!

~TGRF.

Tornado May 9th, 2019 01:31 PM

Stellar idea!

ollie told me once that he had done some writing for you all but I believe it was never used.
Any chance some of that stuff could be released someday?

superfrog May 9th, 2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2279420)
Stellar idea!

ollie told me once that he had done some writing for you all but I believe it was never used.
Any chance some of that stuff could be released someday?

I like to think I've stuck my nose in every corner of the C3V over the last several years, but I'm not entirely sure what he would have been referring to.

I do know that ollie wrote many of our release posts with their mini "bios" over the years.

Of course, I might have missed some things, or maybe he wrote some things but never posted them.