Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Heroscape Focused Gaming Channel (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54432)

chaoserver November 3rd, 2017 06:14 PM

New Heroscape Focused Gaming Channel

Me and my friends have started up a youtube gaming channel that will be focused on Heroscape. We have a broad playgroup, an astounding camera and a complete collection so we figured why not crank out some content. I'd appreciate if you subscribed and also gave me feedback, I tried to make the game a tolerable length, cutting out dead time, speeding through movements but slowing for the rolls a bit.

I already know that I need to have the d 20 results be clearer, though fortunately for this game with it only being relevant for initiative it wasn't a problem. Beyond improving the videos I'd also like ideas of what the community wants to see. Competitive games, free for all games, themed games, are already being cooked up.

Heres the FB page if you're interested as well:

Ericth74 November 3rd, 2017 09:27 PM

Re: New Heroscape Focused Gaming Channel

Thanks for starting the new channel. I gave you a subscribe.

My feedback would be to give me some dialogue and ditch the music. The emotion and the highs and lows of the game are totally lost. If you watch any of Sir Heroscape's videos or Legoboy/Captain Canunks it's great to see and hear the agony of a bad roll or pain of a hero dying. That's what I enjoy anyways.

chaoserver November 3rd, 2017 09:36 PM

Yeah I hear you, I'm definitely going in that direction. I decided to go the music route this time to make the editing easier so I could just look at the action, but I agree talking can help a lot.

chaoserver November 9th, 2017 11:22 AM

New video is out- This ones got the audio but I sped it up/cut dead space for the best of both worlds. We've got other matches filmed that I like more, but we can't post longer vids until we hit 100 subs I believe.

Also continue to let me know what you like or dislike. For example, especially in some of the to be released videos, there is some banter between participants and observers. I'd imagine thats something most scapers will enjoy but I'm curious to hear.

Dad_Scaper November 9th, 2017 12:28 PM

I like that you edited down to the ~15 minute range. I don't have much interest in watching a video of Heroscape being played for 45 minutes or more, including the bits that could be cut or sped up.

I also like the board and dice setup, but it all looks slightly out of focus. Definitely the dice, and maybe also the board itself.

I like the pacing. I subbed; I'd watch another like this for sure.

chaoserver November 9th, 2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2168004)
I like that you edited down to the ~15 minute range. I don't have much interest in watching a video of Heroscape being played for 45 minutes or more, including the bits that could be cut or sped up.

I also like the board and dice setup, but it all looks slightly out of focus. Definitely the dice, and maybe also the board itself.

I like the pacing. I subbed; I'd watch another like this for sure.

Appreciate the feedback! The goal of the channel is definitely to endeavor to keep the videos a digestible length, even if there is dialogue. It takes a lot of editing to be sure meaningless bits are cut, the dialogue isn't, and the movement is sped up but the end result is definitely worth it.

Finding the exact right lightning and focus is definitely on the to do list as well- The most important thing we want is for the rolls and board state to be clear. Fortunately on full screen HD I think thats mostly achieved.

chaoserver November 12th, 2017 09:36 AM

Morning guys, took in some feedback and put out another video.

A big focus of the channel is to catch the interest of people unfamiliar with Heroscape thus growing the community- To make the videos sensical for them, I've added a brief flash of the army cards for players to pause over if they need it, while being short enough to not bother seasoned players.

I think the focus is slightly improved at least, being able to see what the dice results are, even if the lighting and it aren't quite optimal yet.

Definitely going to film on a variety of maps going forward, just wanted to get the ball rolling here.

Once we hit 100 subs I believe we can upload longer videos, claim our channel name etc. so I'm looking forward to that. I'd love to hear more feedback, as well as get an idea of what people are interested in in terms of content, such as scenarios, themes, or multiplayer games.

chaoserver November 18th, 2017 03:39 PM

Was able to get the restrictions on upload limit etc. lifted. Lucky for us since this match ran a little long because of how ridiculous it was.

NecroBlade November 19th, 2017 12:21 PM

Very cool thanks for sharing. I'll be watching these, and I'll give feedback if I have any. What's the name of the first map with tundra, dungeon, and road?

chaoserver November 19th, 2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2169063)
Very cool thanks for sharing. I'll be watching these, and I'll give feedback if I have any. What's the name of the first map with tundra, dungeon, and road?

I believe its called Mountain Pass. I should probably add the map names to the descriptions/link them actually.

TREX November 19th, 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2169063)

I believe @Yodaking designed this for one of the arv contests we held. Theres also a game that @Sir Heroscape and myself had recorded on his channel.

Yodaking November 19th, 2017 03:46 PM

Yeah, that looks like one I submitted. The blue lights inside the ice rocks looks really cool. I did notice that the tree/rock combo in the top right corner are not adj. to each other but they are in the bottom left corner. Not sure which way I had it in the file but pretty sure they matched. I only posted the map links up in the contest thread, so that is where it is currently if you wanted to get a closer look at them. If you are having trouble digging them up, I'm sure it is still on my computer. Just let me know and I'll repost it somewhere.