Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Death Mask (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=59400)

Ronin July 20th, 2021 08:04 PM

The Book of Death Mask

The Book of Death Mask

C3G MARVEL CON EXCLUSIVE 2021
RELEASE NAME

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Mask_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...hMask_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the WizKids Promos: 2013 Convention Exclusive set.
Its model number and name are #M-007 / Death Mask.

Character Bio - In a world where Wade Wilson has the powers and ambition of Doctor Doom, he rules a vast criminal empire.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • N/A
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Ronin July 20th, 2021 08:05 PM

Re: The Book of Death Mask (Design)

NAME = DEATH MASK
SECRET IDENTITY = WADE WILSON (CO)

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = AMBITIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 500

TAKE DOWN THE BIG BOYS
At the start of each round, if Death Mask does not have a Target on the battlefield, you must choose an enemy figure on the battlefield with the highest Life number listed on its card to be his Target. When Death Mask's Target is destroyed, place it on this card. Add 1 to Death Mask's Life number for each Target on this card.

CRIMINAL MASTERMIND GUY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Death Mask, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero you control that is an Assassin or Criminal. You may not take additional turns with figures other than Death Mask. After each figure's turn, if Death Mask's Target received at least one wound during that turn, roll an unblockable attack die against the Target.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
Instead of moving and attacking with Death Mask, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each skull rolled, remove a Wound Marker from this card. For each shield rolled, you must choose Death Mask or a figure adjacent to Death Mask to receive a wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Ronin July 20th, 2021 08:05 PM

Mini:

Comic:

Ronin July 20th, 2021 08:08 PM

We left off at the con still talking through some ideas on how to marry Regeneration and the last power - I know Jekyll had something people liked, but I was far too sleepy at the time to properly digest it or remember it now.

I know there was also some pushback on the Regeneration mechanics here since Deadpool is a passive healer - personally I don't mind that on Wade (or weird riffs on Wade) because his healing tends to work however is funniest, and you get prolonged scenes of him sticking bodyparts back together and suchlike. :2cents:

I also worry a bit that moving away from the Regeneration mechanic might take some of the dynamism away from boosting Life, but that'd probably depend on what we moved to. Something to keep in mind though.

Arkham July 20th, 2021 08:48 PM

While flying, I had an idea. What about something like this to sell both of those themes:
Quote:

RUTHLESS REGENERATION
Instead of attacking with Death Mask, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each:
• skull rolled, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.
• blank rolled, you may move a Wound Marker from this card to the card of an adjacent figure.

Ronin July 20th, 2021 08:50 PM

I could get behind that.

Arkham July 20th, 2021 08:54 PM

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY or another title could also work. Regenerating, hurting the enemy to heal himself, or if necessary, using his allies to do it.

Soundwarp SG-1 July 20th, 2021 09:01 PM

I think you need something to clarify the size of the window the Target needs to receive wounds in for the unblockables.

"At the end of that Hero's turn and at the end of Death Mask's turn, if Death Mask's Target received at least one wound during that turn, roll an unblockable attack die against the Target."

something like that.

--

Yeah I think the best idea here is just to do "Regeneration that can eat people" in some way since right now the two 'healing' powers feel a bit odd and redundant.

I was thinking of a sorta similar idea, but one where you could nom on your own dudes to salvage a botched Regen roll if you're looking for other options:

BETTER REGENERATION THROUGH EATTING PEOPLE
Instead of attacking with Death Mask, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. Then, you may choose any number of figures you control adjacent to Deathmask and inflict one wound on each of those figures. For each skull rolled and each wound inflicted, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

Dr. Jekyll July 20th, 2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkham (Post 2473880)
While flying, I had an idea. What about something like this to sell both of those themes:
Quote:

RUTHLESS REGENERATION
Instead of attacking with Death Mask, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each:
• skull rolled, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.
• blank rolled, you may move a Wound Marker from this card to the card of an adjacent figure.

Really dig this :up:. I was thinking up some names for the powers here.
POWER HUNGRY for the first and maybe DARK DEALINGS for the second?

Dr. Jekyll July 20th, 2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2473884)
"At the end of that Hero's turn and at the end of Death Mask's turn, if Death Mask's Target received at least one wound during that turn, roll an unblockable attack die against the Target."

something like that.

Yeah, this is a good idea.

Ronin July 20th, 2021 09:28 PM

Yeah, worthwhile clarification. :up:

Also digging the SW spin on sacrificing people for Regeneration.

Spidey'tilIDie July 21st, 2021 02:28 AM

Wow, shocker. Getting sleep created some great ideas, lol. Really love this design, btw!