Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The DEFUNCT Book of Vehicle Rules - Locked (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=36987)

IAmBatman July 16th, 2011 07:57 PM

The DEFUNCT Book of Vehicle Rules - Locked

The Book of Vehicle Optional Rules

C3G CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
WORLD WAR WINTER

This set of rules is necessary to fully enjoy C3G custom Vehicles.
It is designed to enhance your SuperHero Battles by allowing figures to ride designated Vehicle destructible objects around the battlefield.
Vehicle Destructible Objects Description- The Batmobile. The Fantastic Four's flying car. Even Captain America's van. As long as there have been Superheroes fighting crime, there have been sweet Superhero rides! Now Superheroes can start doing more than just tossing them around the battlefield - they can take them for a spin as well!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - I was reading the Destroying Vehicles section and I realized that if my Event Hero is occupying a vehicle when it is destroyed, and for whatever reason my Event Hero cannot occupy a legal space that the destroyed vehicle previously occupied, my Event Hero is supposed to be destroyed, but Event Hero rules state that "Event Heroes are never destroyed without first taking enough wound to be destroyed. If a terrain rule or a special power on any Army Card, Glyph, or Destructible Object would automatically destroy an Event Hero, that terrain rule or special power instead inflicts 4 wounds on that Event Hero." What should I do in this situation?
    A - This sounds weird I know, but give your Event Hero the 4 wounds as the Event Hero rules suggest, then finish playing the game, remembering that when a player has no figures on the battlefield, that player loses. So maybe the rest of your Army can win you the game, but your Event Hero is gone for good unless you have a special power or some way to bring him back.
    And the same applies to figures like Molly Hayes and Hercules. You just apply the wounds to them as their powers suggest, and if they are not destroyed and they still cannot be placed on the battlefield, they are simply lost and you continue playing the game until it is over.
  • Q: The Vehicle Rules state that figures that occupy vehicles are no longer on the battlefield. Does that mean that the last figure in an Army can't use vehicles? After all, a player loses if he doesn't have any figures remaining on the battlefield.
    A: Under Occupying Vehicles section, the rules state that "you now control that vehicle". This is VERY important to remember as you play the game with special powers that reference opponent's figures (DOs are treated as figures in C3G) and also designing powers. This section also answers your question, because even though your last figure got into a car, the car is now your DO/figure. So the game is not over.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn July 16th, 2011 08:16 PM

Re: C3G Vehicle Rules

Legacy Text:

C3G VEHICLE RULES

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS - VEHICLES
Destructible objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for destructible objects were established in the C3G Destructible Objects Rules. Vehicles are a type of destructible object that follow all of the rules of other destructible objects, but include a few specific to vehicles.

These C3G Vehicle Rules cover the following areas:

- Entering Vehicles
- Occupying Vehicles
- Partial and Full Cover
- Moving Vehicles
- Exiting Vehicles
- Destroying Vehicles

EXAMPLE 1: VEHICLE CARD
(Sample Card here)
A vehicle has three designations in the left box of its Army Card: size, height, and occupancy. The size and height designations (such as Medium 5) are the same as those found on other figures' Army Cards.

ENTERING VEHICLES
A figure may enter a vehicle by ending its movement on a space adjacent to the vehicle if it meets the following criteria:
  • Your figure's size must be smaller than that of the vehicle. Refer to Example 1 to identify the vehicle's size on its Army Card. NOTE - The size of a figure is located on the left hand side of its Army Card next to its height. The different sizes are ordered from smallest to largest as follows: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge.
  • The current occupancy of the vehicle must be less than the occupancy number of the vehicle. The occupancy designation on a vehicle Army Card shows the number of figures that may occupy a vehicle. A figure can only enter a vehicle if that vehicle has fewer figures on its Army Card than its occupancy number (example: If a car has an occupancy number of 2, but only has 1 figure placed on its Army Card, a 2nd figure can enter that car).
  • There are no figures controlled by other players occupying the vehicle currently. Refer to Occupying Vehicles for further details.
Quote:

If a figure of the correct size ends its movement adjacent to a vehicle that has not reached its occupancy number, the figure can enter that vehicle.
When a figure enters a vehicle, normal leaving engagement rules apply. Place that figure on that vehicle's Army Card. The figure that entered the vehicle is now occupying that vehicle.

OCCUPYING VEHICLES
Figures occupying a vehicle are not on the battlefield.
A figure occupying a vehicle may still have Order Markers placed and revealed on its Army Card.
If one or more of your figures occupies a vehicle, you now control that vehicle. However, Order Markers cannot be placed on the vehicle's Army Card.
If a vehicle is ever suddenly occupied by figures of different players (e.g.: one of your figures is Mind Controlled by another player), the vehicle is destroyed (see: Destroying Vehicles).

PARTIAL COVER AND FULL COVER
As denoted in the left box of each VDO, a VDO can have Partial Cover or Full Cover.
Figures occupying Vehicles with Full Cover are never in clear sight of figures outside of that Vehicle, never have clear sight on figures outside of that Vehicle, and may never attack or be attacked by a figure outside of that Vehicle.
VDOs with Partial Cover do allow for clear sight between figures occupying that VDO and figures on the outside. Partial Cover VDOs are those with windows or other openings that allow for clear sight. These clear sight openings will be marked on Army Cards by the green target points on the VDO's Hit Zone. Clear sight can only be traced through these target points.
When a figure occupying a Partial Cover VDO targets a figure outside of that VDO, they should use the target point for that VDO to trace line of sight and range. When a figure outside of a Partial Cover VDO wishes to target a figure occupying that VDO, they should use the target points for that VDO as the hit zone for that figure.
If a special power targets or chooses a space instead of a figure and the space the VDO occupies is chosen, the VDO and all figures occupying the VDO are affected.

MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on destructible object cards, vehicles have a Movement value.
After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards, before taking a turn with a figure you control occupying a vehicle, you may move that vehicle. You may only move a vehicle once for each Order Marker you reveal.
When moving the vehicle, follow standard movement rules, with one exception: vehicles do not make or receive leaving engagement attacks.

EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a vehicle you control, you may place a figure from the vehicle's Army Card on an empty space and adjacent to the vehicle. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. Figures cannot move during a turn in which they exit a vehicle.

DESTROYING VEHICLES
If a vehicle receives enough damage to be destroyed, after removing it from the battlefield, place all figures that occupied the destroyed vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, each figure that previously occupied the destroyed vehicle receives one wound. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed vehicle cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is immediately destroyed.

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman July 16th, 2011 08:22 PM

Yep. I'm all about saving any offensive powers for the special powers on the cards. That way we can keep things nice and clean for this rules set. We should probably try to make special powers D20 based or something, though, since the vehicles are only allowed to "move" under the rules above, not "attack. That way we can just say "After moving" or "Before moving" etc.

IAmBatman July 16th, 2011 08:27 PM

HIT AND RUN 16
After moving this Rental Car, you may choose one adjacent figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-15, your turn ends. If you roll 16 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound and you may immediately move this Rental Car up to four spaces.

tcglkn July 16th, 2011 08:31 PM

d20 power works and I'll replace Explosion since they take damage as it is. I should probably start a book for my Car DO so we have a test subject for these rules.

tcglkn July 16th, 2011 08:38 PM

The Book of Car Vehicle Destructible Object

Griffin July 16th, 2011 08:55 PM

Legacy Text:

C3G VEHICLE RULES

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS - VEHICLES
Destructible objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for destructible objects were established in the C3G Destructible Objects Rules. Vehicles are a type of destructible object that follow all of the rules of other destructible objects, but include a few specific to vehicles.

These C3G Vehicle Rules cover the following areas:

- Entering Vehicles
- Occupying Vehicles
- Moving Vehicles
- Exiting Vehicles
- Destroying Vehicles

EXAMPLE 1: VEHICLE CARD
(Sample Card here)

ENTERING VEHICLES
A vehicle has three designations in the left box of its Army Card: size, height, and occupancy. The size and height designations (such as Medium 5) are the same as those found on other destructible objects' and figures' Army Cards.
If a figure's size is smaller than that of a vehicle, it may enter that vehicle. NOTE - The size of a figure is located on the left hand side of its Army Card next to its height. The different sizes are ordered from smallest to largest as follows: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge.
The occupancy designation on a vehicle Army Card shows the number of figures that may occupy a vehicle. A figure can only enter a vehicle if that vehicle has fewer figures on its Army Card than its occupancy number (example: If a car has an occupancy number of 2, but only has 1 figure placed on its Army Card, a 2nd figure can enter that car).
Your figures cannot enter Vehicles controlled by other players (see: Occupying Vehicles), but if a vehicle is ever suddenly occupied by figures of different players, the vehicle is destroyed (see: Destroying Vehicles).
If a figure of the correct size ends its movement adjacent to a vehicle that has not reached its occupancy number, the figure can enter that vehicle.
When a figure enters a vehicle, normal leaving engagement rules apply. Place that figure on that vehicle's Army Card. The figure that entered the vehicle is now occupying that vehicle.

OCCUPYING VEHICLES
Figures occupying a vehicle are not on the battlefield.
A figure occupying a vehicle may still have Order Markers placed and revealed on its Army Card.
If one or more of your figures occupies a vehicle, you now control that vehicle. However, Order Markers cannot be placed on the vehicle's Army Card.

MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on all destructible object cards, vehicles have a Movement value.
After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards, before taking a turn with a figure you control occupying a vehicle, you may move that vehicle. You may only move a vehicle once for each Order Marker you reveal.
When moving the vehicle, follow standard movement rules, with one exception: vehicles do not make or receive leaving engagement attacks.

EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a vehicle you control, you may choose an empty space adjacent to the vehicle and place a figure you control from the vehicle's Army Card onto the chosen space. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. Figures cannot move during a turn in which they exit a vehicle.

DESTROYING VEHICLES
If a vehicle receives enough damage to be destroyed, after removing it from the battlefield, place all figures that occupied the destroyed vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, all figures that previously occupied the destroyed vehicle receive one wound each. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed vehicle cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is immediately destroyed.

Good Pig July 16th, 2011 09:23 PM

I like most of what is there so far and I can tell a LOT of work went into thinking through it all. Can we simplify things a bit?

- Not make distinctions between passengers and drivers
- Keep the size restrictions "one size fits all". Passengers cannot be bigger than the vehicle.
- Standardize occupancy. Small seats 1. Medium seats 2. Large seats 4 etc

A3n July 16th, 2011 09:55 PM

I like these rules a lot except for the "spaces" on the card for the passengers. I think a space for the driver & just a number to specify the amount of allowed passengers would be enough. I don't want to make the large vehicle cards that we were discussing with GO's rules.

Now if a figure is in a vehicle can they be targeted for an attack?

Good Pig July 16th, 2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1441929)
I like these rules a lot except for the "spaces" on the card for the passengers. I think a space for the driver & just a number to specify the amount of allowed passengers would be enough. I don't want to make the large vehicle cards that we were discussing with GO's rules.

I agree with not having designated spaces to track on the card. I think a number would work just fine.

Quote:

I would assume no. This needs to be clarified for sure.

A question I had is how to place figures if a car is destroyed. Theoretical scenario:

A car is holding 4 passengers. That car occupies 2 spaces on the board. The car is tossed by Hulk to a place on the map in a tight corner and destroyed. There is only room enough to place 2 of the 4 occupants. Are the other 2 automatically destroyed?

IAmBatman July 16th, 2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1441912)
I like most of what is there so far and I can tell a LOT of work went into thinking through it all. Can we simplify things a bit?

- Not make distinctions between passengers and drivers
- Keep the size restrictions "one size fits all". Passengers cannot be bigger than the vehicle.
- Standardize occupancy. Small seats 1. Medium seats 2. Large seats 4 etc

It'd be a bit odd to have figures interchangeably driving, but I'd be OK with that simplification. Tiny figures still can't drive, though. :-P
I'm fine with just saying figures entering a Vehicle cannot be a larger size than the Vehicle. That's a good way of saying that more simply, thanks. :-)
I'm not sure what you mean by standardize occupancy at all.

Quote:

I'm 100% against larger or non-standard cards and would death-no that. The idea was just to make it clear what units were on which vehicle and how much room there needed to be, as well as which one was the driver and should have Order Markers revealed on it (I kind of like the universal driver approach GP suggested, though). I'm fine with just added an area for passengers in the leftbox, though, and then just placing them all on the card. Good thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1441942)
Quote:

I would assume no. This needs to be clarified for sure.

Honestly, it really doesn't. An FAQ if people get confused, but the figure isn't on the battlefield. You can't target a figure that's not on the battlefield - simple as that. We didn't have to clarify this on Chronos and we shouldn't have to here. If people think that targeting can occur, that's because they're doing what's not on the card, not what is on the card, which is a classic card misreading mistake. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1441942)
A question I had is how to place figures if a car is destroyed. Theoretical scenario:

A car is holding 4 passengers. That car occupies 2 spaces on the board. The car is tossed by Hulk to a place on the map in a tight corner and destroyed. There is only room enough to place 2 of the 4 occupants. Are the other 2 automatically destroyed?

That theoretical scenario should never, ever happen. A vehicle should not be allowed to hold more passengers than it has spaces on the battlefield. This isn't something that needs to be included in the rule, though, it's just something we need to keep in mind while designing.

A3n July 16th, 2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1441969)
That theoretical scenario should never, ever happen. A vehicle should not be allowed to hold more passengers than it has spaces on the battlefield. This isn't something that needs to be included in the rule, though, it's just something we need to keep in mind while designing.

I would disagree with that. A normal car can hold 5 people but should only take up 2 spaces on the battlefield. remember a figure doesn't actually fully occupy that whole 7 ft hex.