Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai January 4th, 2011 12:46 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1306692)
It works flawlessly. It just seems a little head-scratchy for anyone reading the card without seeing all the discussion that led up to this exact wording.

You could say that you may only place order markers on this army card if you do not control any figures on the battlefield from any other army card. This allows you to take normal turns with Agent Smith if his is the only card left. It could be a separate power called: THE ONE

This is an interesting idea. It would make Agent Smith very powerful if he's the last figure in your army. I really like this idea.

Balantai January 5th, 2011 12:08 PM

I was thinking about Unplugged all morning and the more I think about KC's Unplugged, the more I like it. It fits the theme almost perfectly. What I don't like, though is how unpredictable he becomes. It's almost impossible to build any strategy around him. I'd like to see traditional Order Markers work on him, but allow him to retain the Uniqueness of Unplugged. How about:

Unplugged
At the start of the game, choose an opponent. At the start of that player's turn, before an order marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control. Subtract 3 from your roll for each Order Marker on this card. If you roll an 16 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith.

machinekng January 5th, 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1307569)
I was thinking about Unplugged all morning and the more I think about KC's Unplugged, the more I like it. It fits the theme almost perfectly. What I don't like, though is how unpredictable he becomes. It's almost impossible to build any strategy around him. I'd like to see traditional Order Markers work on him, but allow him to retain the Uniqueness of Unplugged. How about:

Unplugged
At the start of the game, choose an opponent. At the start of that player's turn, before an order marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control. Subtract 3 from your roll for each Order Marker on this card. If you roll an 16 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith.

That seems a bit powerful, as you could, with some luck, get 2-3 additional turns with a powerful squad. Assuming three (?) squad figures, thats an additional 6-9 attacks per round. It is unlikely that you would be able to pull this off. but its a possibility we need to consider.

Maybe you could word it like so:

Unplugged
At the start of the game, choose an opponent. At the start of that player's turn, before an order marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control. Subtract 3 from your roll for each Order Marker on this card. If you roll an 16 or higher, you may reveal an order marker on Agent Smith's army card to immediatley take a turn with Agent Smith.

This way, you would be able to get a free turn (with the X order marker), but after that, you would have to weigh your options and decide wether you want to take that turn now, or later.

Taeblewalker January 5th, 2011 12:53 PM

UNPLUGGED
Before you reveal a numbered order marker, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control on the board.

ME TOO!
Each time Agent Smith destroys a small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

THE ONE
You may not place order markers on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith. When Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH DODGE
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage.

Taeblewalker January 5th, 2011 12:54 PM

double post

killercactus January 5th, 2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1307598)
UNPLUGGED
Before you reveal a numbered order marker, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may first take a turn with Agent Smith. Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith squad figure you control on the board.

ME TOO!
Each time Agent Smith destroys a small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

THE ONE
You may not place order markers on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith. When Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH DODGE
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage.

If we can fit all of those powers onto one Army Card, I like it.

mac122 January 5th, 2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1307624)

I just pasted into a card blank in MSE. It does fit, but the print is very small.

Lamaclown January 5th, 2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1307624)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c.../trialcard.jpg

Tiny text but it fits. the font isn't official so once the card is actually made it might fit a bit differently.

If this is what we decide we want.

EDIT: ninja'd by mac122... ouch, that one hurt

Balantai January 5th, 2011 03:52 PM

I'd love to hear what PK's thoughts are on this new style.

killercactus January 5th, 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1307727)
I'd love to hear what PK's thoughts are on this new style.

As would I. Also, if that text is too small, I'm still also in favor of ditching The One, and just adding the first line of the power to Unplugged if we really want OMs allowed to be placed on him when he's the only figure left.

Also, suggested wording changes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
UNPLUGGED

ME TOO!
Each time Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

THE ONE
You may not place order markers on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH DODGE

Taeblewalker January 5th, 2011 05:41 PM

UNPLUGGED
You may not place an order marker on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith.

ME TOO!
Whenever Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

[INSERT NAME HERE]
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Pumpkin_King January 5th, 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1307837)
UNPLUGGED
You may not place an order marker on this army card unless you do not control any figures on the battlefield other than Agent Smith.

ME TOO!
Whenever Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith figure on the space occupied by the destroyed figure.

[INSERT NAME HERE]
When rolling defense dice against an attack by a non-adjacent attacker, one shield will block all damage. Whenever Agent Smith rolls defense dice and does not receive a wound, you may move the Agent Smith figure that was targeted by the attack 4 spaces. When Agent Smith starts to move with The One, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Combining the two will free up a lot of space without sacrificing clarity.

I like the new Unplugged wording very much. Here's a new draft, and I think we're getting incredibly close. I'd be satisfied to okay this version, honestly.
Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless
Size: Medium 5

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

UNPLUGGED

ME TOO!

[INSERT NAME HERE] (Ideas?)