Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

wulfhunter667 July 14th, 2010 10:59 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144399)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1144385)
Wow. I went to school, came home, ate dinner and played scrabble with my younguns and 8 pages pops up in here. Cool.
So, the only idea I haven't seen elaborated on yet is the sense undead thing. I have an idea about that.
Sense Undead (terrible, I know, but a working title)
When an Undead figure with the Stealth Flying ability moves adjacent to Simon, it loses the ability to leave engagements without being attacked.
I know. The wording on this is horrible, but you get what I'm trying to say here.
That's my :2cents: for now.

Undead Sense
When an Undead figure is adjacent to Simon, if it has the Stealth Flying special power, it loses Stealth Flying and nstead has Flying. Undead Sense only affects Undead figures with the Stealth Flying special power while that figure is adjacent to Simon.

How's that Wulf?

Definately closer. But a little wordy I think. On the right track though. ;)

Lamaclown July 14th, 2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1144435)
Quote:

Quote:

Wow. I went to school, came home, ate dinner and played scrabble with my younguns and 8 pages pops up in here. Cool.
So, the only idea I haven't seen elaborated on yet is the sense undead thing. I have an idea about that.
When an Undead figure with the Stealth Flying ability moves adjacent to Simon, it loses the ability to leave engagements without being attacked.
I know. The wording on this is horrible, but you get what I'm trying to say here.

Undead Sense
When an Undead figure is adjacent to Simon, if it has the Stealth Flying special power, it loses Stealth Flying and nstead has Flying. Undead Sense only affects Undead figures with the Stealth Flying special power while that figure is adjacent to Simon.

How's that Wulf?

If that is the way we want to go, how about...

Any Undead figure that is adjacent to Simon will receive any leaving engagement attacks from Simon.

This streamlines it a bit but says exactly what you want the affect to be.

I would think of sensing the undead more as a pre-emptive ability though rather than an after the fact ability. Something that maybe affects his movement towards the Undead- kind of a "I know they are here somewhere, I can feel it."

SENSE UNDEAD (or I SEE UNDEAD PEOPLE ;))
Simon may add 3 to his Move number if he will end his turn adjacent to an Undead figure.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1144461)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Undead Sense

How's that Wulf?

Any Undead figure that is adjacent to Simon will receive any leaving engagement attacks from Simon.

I would think of sensing the undead more as a pre-emptive ability though rather than an after the fact ability. Something that maybe affects his movement towards the Undead- kind of a "I know they are here somewhere, I can feel it."

Simon may add 3 to his Move number if he will end his turn adjacent to an Undead figure.

Not bad. I like that. Also Wulf how about giving him a power like the Greater Ice Elemental's Ice Spikes. That way when they move adjacentto him he ges a free swipe at them? That may be the way to go if it's left as a damage ability, but I really like the move boost.

mac122 July 14th, 2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144476)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Undead Sense

How's that Wulf?

Not bad. I like that. Also Wulf how about giving him a power like the Greater Ice Elemental's Ice Spikes. That way when they move adjacentto him he ges a free swipe at them? That may be the way to go if it's left as a damage ability, but I really like the move boost.

I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead
Simon may add 3 to his Move number if he will end his turn adjacent to at least one Undead figure. At the end of his move, roll 1 attack die for each opposing Undead figure adjacent to Simon. Any skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on that Undead figure.

Simon senses the Undead figure' kicks it up a notch, and gets in a gets in a quick strike before the Undead knows what hit him/her/it.

Lamaclown July 14th, 2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1144494)
I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead
Simon may add 3 to his Move number if he will end his turn adjacent to at least one Undead figure. At the end of his move, roll 1 attack die for each opposing Undead figure adjacent to Simon. Any skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on that Undead figure.

Simon senses the Undead figure' kicks it up a notch, and gets in a gets in a quick strike before the Undead knows what hit him/her/it.

Nice! I like that.

mac122 July 14th, 2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1144501)
Quote:

I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead

Nice! I like that.

It may need a better name than Sense Undead since he's also getting a shot at damaging them. Strike Undead?

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Undead Sense

How's that Wulf?

I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead

The only thing I see is that it would give him two attacks if moved adjacentto any undead. I'm not sure that would be a good idea, even though one is a one die attack. I think this one would need to pass a majority from the people here.

mac122 July 14th, 2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144513)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Undead Sense

How's that Wulf?

I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead

The only thing I see is that it would give him two attacks if moved adjacentto any undead. I'm not sure that would be a good idea, even though one is a one die attack. I think this one would need to pass a majority from the people here.

That is a little strong, now that you mention it. Maybe he chooses one figure he's adjacent to for the unblockable attack. Or the whole thing could be a Special.

Lamaclown July 14th, 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1144511)
It may need a better name than Sense Undead since he's also getting a shot at damaging them. Strike Undead?

Well, since the Vampires were introduced in Wave 7 how about "The Seventh Sense"? ;)

Lamaclown July 14th, 2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Undead Sense

How's that Wulf?

I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead

And, of course, we haven't even seen what jcmcminis has already come up with. It may be something that makes all our posts obsolete with its total awesomeness.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1144517)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Undead Sense

How's that Wulf?

I'd say combine them.
Sense Undead

And, of course, we haven't even seen what jcmcminis has already come up with. It may be something that makes all our posts obsolete with its total awesomeness.

Well he will be swamped catching up to us when he gets back on:lol: I could strengthening the attack and makingit a SA. Give me a bit and I'll see what I come up with.

EDIT: I got a green light from all of the C3G Heros, so we can use their playtest sheet to test out our customs. Balantia I think you should put a link to it in the OP for anyone that is intrested in playtesting.

JC McMinis July 15th, 2010 09:47 AM

Ok will have my first draft up later today but wanted to comment on some suggestions of abilities already made.

Reach- had this on the card already, perfect way to represent his whip.

Detect Undead-I was thinking maybe a bonus to initiative if you opponent places an order marker on an undead army card. Sort of Simon knowing that the undead are going to be on the move? Of course I like the movement bonus ideas as well.

Also found another possibility for a mini for Simon. What do you guys think of this one.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/631442